PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade Gronk for a 1st round pick, this offseason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deroc5050

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I would not trade Gronk for a 1st round pick. Next year we have him for a good deal and he has no leverage to ask for more money. I know he has trouble staying healthy but when he is healthy is one of the most destructive forces on the offensive side of the ball. I would keep him until his current deal is up.

Would you trade Gronk for a 1st?

Only if his contract was an issue. Pretty team friendly for 3 more years. I wouldn't want to face him. He's still an absolute beast, just have to cross your fingers he stays healthy.

Yes. I love the guy but I don't see him as the future anymore.

I would not trade Gronk for a 1st round pick. Next year we have him for a good deal and he has no leverage to ask for more money. I know he has trouble staying healthy but when he is healthy is one of the most destructive forces on the offensive side of the ball. I would keep him until his current deal is up.

Would you trade Gronk for a 1st?

#1 and #32 are both 1st round picks.

#32 is not even worth discussing.

Tough question. I don't think you can realistically find someone more dominant than Gronk. He is an alltime talent. Having said that, his injury concerns & possible surgery complications make him a wildcard.

Maybe. If you sign Bennett & Floyd, while having medical staff feel iffy about Gronk's prognosis.

Probably not, but I'd need to know:

1. Where in the first round is the pick?
  2. Is Bennett coming back?
  3. Who's being targeted as the replacement, and what are the odds they'll be able to get him?

I would not, no. There is nothing not to like about Gronk's participation with the team other than his injury history. He doesn't cause any trouble in the locker room; he's clean, and he does his job. Gronk and Dion Lewis on the team at the same time is incredible; and it will happen one day. He's worth the cost and the roster spot. We just need to get another good tight end to compliment him. We've got one now.

First you would have to lock up Bennett for at least 2 real years/3years before you Even consider it. Then, i Personally would still say no.

BB trades /cuts guys when they are too old or disruptive to team discipline, but not for injury (uses IR/PUP instead), it is only the owners money after all. Gronk has never been disruptive/is a leader. If the injuries have taken their toll/Cant come back, medically retire him

Probably not, but I'd need to know:
  1. Where in the first round is the pick?
  2. Is Bennett coming back?
  3. Who's being targeted as the replacement, and what are the odds they'll be able to get him?
I would add:

4. To whom is he being traded?

It's such a terrible idea that I don't even like responding with an answer, but there's no way that I'd let go of Gronk. He's the greatest player ever.

No because for a start 50% of the first rounders are busts so there's a 50% chance you're trading him for nothing.

The chances you're getting a consistent pro bowler back in return for the one you're giving up is less than 10%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes