PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 NFL Free Agent Signings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belichick is definitely going to address their interior OL given the amount of vDL talent they will be faxing this season. They really need an upgrade at Guard. I like Wendell but Suh is going to ragdoll him.

I'd like to see two OGs (offensive guards, not original gangsters) taken in the draft and/or FA. I really wouldn't be too upset (assuming Revis re-signs, other roster patching done via FA) if they spent most/all draft picks on stocking up the trenches.

I'd like to see two OGs (offensive guards, not original gangsters) taken in the draft and/or FA. I really wouldn't be too upset (assuming Revis re-signs, other roster patching done via FA) if they spent most/all draft picks on stocking up the trenches.

At great risk of oversimplifying and being wrong, I feel the same. It seems like this Draft our need should be OL and DL.

At great risk of oversimplifying and being wrong, I feel the same. It seems like this Draft our need should be OL and DL.
Yes, yes and yes.

Depending on what happens to Revis and Browner maybe CB as well.

A source close to Andre Johnson told SportsTalk790's Lance Zierlein that Johnson is on his way to the Colts.

Zierlein tweeted the following Tuesday morning: "Dre on owners private jet headed to Indy. He called Gore & they agreed both to Indy.

Last edited:
So Andre will help the Colts score more than 7 next time. Still won't help when we consistently put up 40+ Points on that defense.

That would be a great fit for him, and helps the Colts tremendously...dang it!

Yeah but he doesn't play on their pathetic Defense! Atleast they will keep em off the Field some.

That would be a great fit for him, and helps the Colts tremendously...dang it!

But does it really ? I didn't think that their passing attack was why they came up short last year. They would essentially swap out Reggie Wayne for Andre Johnson.

But does it really ? I didn't think that their passing attack was why they came up short last year. They would essentially swap out Reggie Wayne for Andre Johnson.

I think that's a huge upgrade, given Wayne's physical issues. Johnson is a beast and Frank Gore is a pretty good RB. This is a good move for Indy, as much as it pains me to admit anything that drunken slob's team does is a good move. I do believe I now hate them more than the Jets.

Gore would have been great in New England. I'm reserving judgment on him in Indy until I see what the Colts do with that OL.

If true, good move for Indy. He'll play well there.

Ugh, the Colts? Seriously? What a shame.

I think that's a huge upgrade, given Wayne's physical issues. Johnson is a beast and Frank Gore is a pretty good RB. This is a good move for Indy, as much as it pains me to admit anything that drunken slob's team does is a good move. I do believe I now hate them more than the Jets.

Honestly, I'd be more concerned to read that the Colts significantly upgraded their pass rush, OL or DL.

And now it's time for a Micheal Crabtree thread. :rolleyes:

Hoyer signed with the Texans. Patriots South.

I preferred Stevie over Andre Johnson anyways, since the former is younger and can play in the slot, which is useful since our slot receivers have both had injury problems in the past and it's a crucial position in the offense.

Christopher Price @cpriceNFL
RT @PSchrags: LB Jonathan Casillas getting quite a bit of love. Giants, Bears, Jets, Patriots are all teams to watch in coming hours.

I really hope we can bring this kid back. He was solid here as a backup LB and great ST's contributer.

So the Colts are going for a 32 year old RB and a 34 year old WR (their ages at the start of the season). Big gamble that two big pieces of their offenses don't hit the age wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST