PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 NFL Combine Thread

So, it turns out I had the wrong Washington Corner to compare to McCourty. Just a 6'3 version with a slightly better 3con/shuttle, and step slower 40.

Yes please.

My Howard Wilson/ Logan Ryan comp is interesting too.

I think it's easy to say why they would double dip at the position this draft.

Fitting them on the roster is the issue. They could dump Coleman I suppose which would allow for two additions.

Fitting them on the roster is the issue. They could dump Coleman I suppose which would allow for two additions.

I think thats the easy solution. Unless someone takes a run at Butler, but I can't imagine that happens when they can draft someone with similar skillset in round 2.

I think thats the easy solution. Unless someone takes a run at Butler, but I can't imagine that happens when they can draft someone with similar skillset in round 2.

Yeah. I don't think you give up a big contact and a first round pick to take Butler off our hands with this class.

Speaking of Coleman . . .

Height: 5105
Weight: 185
40 Yrd Dash: 4.53
20 Yrd Dash: 2.60
10 Yrd Dash: 1.54
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 20
Vertical Jump: 37 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'04"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 3.98
3-Cone Drill: 6.61

He's quite athletic himself. Kind of surprising that he hasn't taken that next step. He has all the tools to be a great slot guy.

I like your Ryan/Wilson comparison a ton. It's Wilson's click and close that intrigued me the most on film, which is why I've been talking him up lately. He trusts what he sees, reacts quickly, and arrives with excellent technique and aggression. One of the better tacklers I saw on film. His quickness to diagnose and change direction is probably why he looked like an easy 4.4 guy in games.

I actually was responding to your reply about Kittle:

Ok.. Fair enough. Yes, I believe a TE needs bigger hands but that is personal preference.. Helps with the blocking and with the ball catching..

Speaking of Coleman . . .

Height: 5105
Weight: 185
40 Yrd Dash: 4.53
20 Yrd Dash: 2.60
10 Yrd Dash: 1.54
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 20
Vertical Jump: 37 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'04"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 3.98
3-Cone Drill: 6.61

He's pretty darn athletic himself. Kind of surprising that he hasn't taken that next step. He has all the tools to be a great slot guy.

I like your Ryan/Wilson comparison a ton. It's Wilson's click and close that intrigued me the most on film, which is why I've been talking him up lately. He trusts what he sees, reacts quickly, and arrives with excellent technique and aggression. One of the better tacklers I saw on film. His quickness to diagnose and change direction is probably why he looked like an easy 4.4 guy in games.

I liked him too. And like his potential value as a Ryan replacement. He might make it into day 3.

FWIW, Doug Kyed who tracks the combine for the Pats has King, Conley and Shaq Griffin as the best fits. I've aleays liked your Conley love and now need to watch Griffin.

If they lose Ryan and Harmon, they could easily fit 2 more DBs on the roster.

As for Coleman, he just may not have what it takes to put it all together.. Kind of like the 4A player in baseball. Too good for the minors, but can't put it together for the Majors..

I liked him too. And like his potential value as a Ryan replacement. He might make it into day 3.

FWIW, Doug Kyed who tracks the combine for the Pats has King, Conley and Shaq Griffin as the best fits. I've aleays liked your Conley love and now need to watch Griffin.

Griffin is kind of fun to watch. He's all over the place. Very raw. But you can see the speed and physicality. He looks like an amateur, but one who is very, very enthusiastic about his new hobby. Loads of potential, for sure.

If they lose Ryan and Harmon, they could easily fit 2 more DBs on the roster.

As for Coleman, he just may not have what it takes to put it all together.. Kind of like the 4A player in baseball. Too good for the minors, but can't put it together for the Majors..

True about Harmon. I was really thinking about just cornerbacks though.

Griffin is kind of fun to watch. He's all over the place. Very raw. But you can see the speed and physicality. He looks like an amateur, but one who is very, very enthusiastic about his new hobby. Loads of potential, for sure.

Well if he's there in the 6th/7th then, maybe another Darryl Roberts.

He is going to seattle before 32 pick

The hype this kid is getting because of his numbers is reminding me of Mike Mamula and Tony Mandarich.. And to a lesser extent Stephen Hill

The vibe I'm getting is more athlete than football player and that is despite him playing Strong Safety at UConn..

Someone mentioned that they thought that obi wouldn't break 4.6, yet he ran a 4.4 flat. That tells be that he looks slow on tape. Not a good thing for a safety or even a LB..

I'm curious to hear more about him.

Yeah. I don't think you give up a big contact and a first round pick to take Butler off our hands with this class.

Do you think it may be interesting timing that the CB day at the combine coincides with the day they have to place their tenders? You think they may consider throwing a 2nd round tender on him instead of the obvious 1st, trying to entice a team to put an offer on him, and add to our draft day?

Maybe they see Butler and Ryan as equal, and might prefer the 2nd rounder this year over the 3rd round comp pick next year?

just a thought.

Thought we would go at least two pages before Obi went from underrated to overrated, but here we are.

Ive watched Obi last year so he's not really a surprise to me.

I hear people raving about him but very little about his game?

The word "thunper" gets thrown around which isn't a word Id describe him as.

Same w/ Taco.

Not enough reasoning and substance. Too much group think?

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back