PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

35-40 mph constant winds, gusts of 55 mph for tomorrow's game

Status
Not open for further replies.

upstater1

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
According to accuweather.

Temperature will be 53 with a real feel of 32 degrees.

You can't throw in a game like that.

short passes. last week was good preparation and experience

The last two weeks called for wind, rain, snow, sleet. Then the Pats put up nearly 50 points in each game. My experience has been that Weather.com calls for 30 MPH winds, and then they're 8 MPH or something.

According to accuweather.

Temperature will be 53 with a real feel of 32 degrees.

You can't throw in a game like that.

If that is so, then you pound the rock with Morris, Jordan and Faulk. That's one thing that has been lost in all the Cassel hysteria, the effectiveness of the rushing game. They have rushed for 2100 yards, with an average of 4.5 yards/rush and 21 rushing touchdowns.

short passes. last week was good preparation and experience

Exactly. You'll be able to throw the ball 10-15 yrds without too much of a
problem. We should be able to jam the line of scrimmage against them with
their lack of a passing game.

Exactly. You'll be able to throw the ball 10-15 yrds without too much of a
problem. We should be able to jam the line of scrimmage against them with
their lack of a passing game.

thats good 'cause we've run the screen alot this year havent we

Even if it is windy, that helps our defense in making Lee Evans less of a factor. Offensively I think we've proven we have the versatility to deal with poor conditions.

They will find a way to win. Keep the faith!

shoot, then we have to go long to randy alot

since the long ball might be going with the wind sometimes, cassel wont be underthrowing moss, LOL

Meh... bad weather neutralizes the playing field, and from everything I've read, wind has more effect than snow, rain, and even bitter cold. I'd rather this game be played in a torrential downpour, or a big snowstorm, then a windstorm...

At least it's suppose to be warm in the Meadowlands... seems weird rooting for a Dolphin team to be playing warm winter games, but (a) they showed they can handle brutal cold last week in KC, and (b) the Jets have showed that they can't play in adverse weather.

The last two weeks called for wind, rain, snow, sleet. Then the Pats put up nearly 50 points in each game. My experience has been that Weather.com calls for 30 MPH winds, and then they're 8 MPH or something.

Zackly, I'm 50 miles from the Stadium and that same site right now has winds in my town at 10-12 MPH right now. There is not so much as a breeze outside. Perhaps the occasional puff of a breeze that is it. They almost ALWAYS overstate wind here in western NY. Rain showers I beleive, and likely to be breezy, but steady 40 MPH. I highly doubt it. Perhaps right on the lakeshore, but not at the stadium.

We'll see...... I'll be there and will report in real time from the game. :D

Last edited:
Great, Gost from 70!!!:D

I hope we win the coin toss and default to taking the wind at our backs in the Second Half. That Ravens game last year had similar wind conditions which could affect this Offense some. The conditions should suit Buffalo more the way they pound the rock. The Game might be closer than expected...the wind might hinder us.

in college i played in a game with 35mph winds. the other team, led 1AA in passing yards per game. wind was so strong they couldnt complete a pass in pre-game. it was amazing.

Here's what the're saying at weather.com, not quite as dramatic: Daily Weather Forecast for Buffalo, NY - weather.com

Wind conditions can affect an offense but last weeks Miami - KC game feathered near 50 mph winds and both offense did ok, KC nearly had 500 yds of offense and both teams scored over 30.

Btw, here's the forecast for the Meadowlands on Sunday: Daily Weather Forecast for East Rutherford, NJ - weather.com

Good news for Favre, in his old age he really doesn't perform that well in the cold.

Last edited:
in college i played in a game with 35mph winds. the other team, led 1AA in passing yards per game. wind was so strong they couldnt complete a pass in pre-game. it was amazing.

Who was their QB you?;)

Last edited:
wouldn't it be NICE if they postponed the game due weather so fans
coming to the game don't get injured. Imagine Playing Monday instead.:)
That would tick the schedule changers off :D

Last edited:
Its fine, ill take our rush offense and rush d over buffalo's any sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes