PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown Partially Torn Calf

Mike Lombardi floated a "Ewing theory" kind of idea on his podcast: The Steelers are more effective when Brown isn't playing. Better run/pass balance, better YAC from the other WRs especially JuJu. Discuss.

I thought the same thing. In Roeth, Bryant, JuJu, Bell, Rogers, and James the Squealers have more than enough talent to put up points.

The question is...is that talent good enough to pick up the slack and is Roeth a good enough QB to raise his game and take advantage of that talent?

Is the coaching staff good enough?

I tend to doubt it.

Torn calf... for a WR who cuts on a dime.. be surprised if he’s back playing to his high standard.

I thought the same thing. In Roeth, Bryant, JuJu, Bell, Rogers, and James the Squealers have more than enough talent to put up points.

The question is...is that talent good enough to pick up the slack and is Roeth a good enough QB to raise his game and take advantage of that talent?

Is the coaching staff good enough?

I tend to doubt it.
Ben is the opposite of TB12: he's getting worse with age.

Their one and only three-and-out happened at the worst time possible for them.

His decision to throw into triple coverage was pathetic.

He's not a SB caliber quarterback these days.

Ben is the opposite of TB12: he's getting worse with age.

Their one and only three-and-out happened at the worst time possible for them.

His decision to throw into triple coverage was pathetic.

He's not a SB caliber quarterback these days.

Up until the last 12 seconds I thought he had his best game vs NE. He was patient on 3rd down, made good throws, kept plays alive with his feet, etc.

For a 2x Super Bowl winning QB and with his experience in big games that was the throw I would expect a young Qb to make.

Pathetic.

Torn calf... for a WR who cuts on a dime.. be surprised if he’s back playing to his high standard.

Yea it all depends on how serious the tear is.

As a point of reference, Van Noy is starting his 4th week of recovery.

The divisional round is the week of the 13th and at the tail end of his 4th week of recovery.

Of course the AFCCG will be at the end of his 5th week of recovery.

I highly doubt he will be close to 100%

I see some Steeler fans and Patriots haters on PFT are whining that the Pats always get breaks with the Steelers having injuries.

I guess not having Edelman and Hogan who schooled them in the AFC Championship game doesn't count....

Patriots didn't have three of the starting linebackers or Alan Branch

I see some Steeler fans and Patriots haters on PFT are whining that the Pats always get breaks with the Steelers having injuries.

I guess not having Edelman and Hogan who schooled them in the AFC Championship game doesn't count....

Malcolm Mitchell was also out. The Patriots were missing 3/4 of their top WRs.

You don't get it. Their injured players being out hurts them. Ours being out doesn't hurt us. Sheesh.
Yep, and Gronk's face mask got grabbed on the 2 point try but since it's Gronk...

Anyway, he played right through it and made the catch, because he's Gronk...

It’s a tougher injury than most people think. So the muscle tears, Bleeds like a bastard, takes a long time to heal. In my case I tore it at the head of the muscle big time a separation of sorts and a little at the bottom. I was in a boot for like 4 weeks and it took me two month to walk properly. Let alone run. Not I had some pretty good care but not like these guys. So a grade 2 like what is being talked about is bad but not season ending, maybe. Thing is I doubt he will run the same for the rest of this season, I just dont see it....as you could tell he couldn’t hardly walk on it, I know that feeling. Im guessing maybe he gets to 70% at best.

I didn’t require surgery so Chao’s comment regarding surgery doesnt mean anything to me, and his assumption of it only being a hit rather than happening while running is a guess imho. My MRI on it looked awful.

Last edited:
Mike Lombardi floated a "Ewing theory" kind of idea on his podcast: The Steelers are more effective when Brown isn't playing. Better run/pass balance, better YAC from the other WRs especially JuJu. Discuss.
er wut??

LOL I like Lombardi but he's off the deep end here

I said it before yesterday’s game, but I still continue to believe that the loser of yesterday’s game won’t make the AFCCG. Pittsburgh will likely lose to Jax, especially with brown’s injury. I think them losing to us won’t send them in a tailspin but it has to effect them mentally.

I said it before yesterday’s game, but I still continue to believe that the loser of yesterday’s game won’t make the AFCCG. Pittsburgh will likely lose to Jax, especially with brown’s injury. I think them losing to us won’t send them in a tailspin but it has to effect them mentally.

I don't see it. I know they beat the squealers earlier but i just don't see how the squealers aren't in the AFC championship game. Could see a rematch. I got a feeling we will see KC again and this team has had issues with that team.

er wut??

LOL I like Lombardi but he's off the deep end here

This was a little bit of a mischaracterization of what Lombardi said. His basic point was that taking away Brown's incredible explosiveness made the Steelers emphasize a ball control scheme as a means to limit the number of possessions they'd allow the Patriots to have. I don't think he would argue that the Steelers are or would be a better team without Brown out there.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back