PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Be scared, be very scared

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add to the Pats' list - MIT, Stanford, Columbia, Cambridge and Cal Tech and you've got it about right.

With a healthy slice of West Point killer instinct.

Last edited:
So much talk for a team that couldn't win the division the past two years after all of the preseason hype. Sorry greasers, the only thing I'm afraid of is another leak of disgusting photos depicting Rex Ryan's extracurricular activities.

No Jets/Star Wars comparison is apt without this:

jabbatheryanandsanchez.jpg

This might be one of the best I have ever seen in my life. WIN.

"We just beat the best QB and K in NFL history! What do the Pats have that could top that?!"

I am pretty sure that is what Rexy was telling his players. For whatever it is worth, their confidence will be sky high coming into this game.

After the azz whooping they took last time in Gillette, I doubt they come in with "sky-high" confidence.

I guess I'll put this here in this thread, but I think Sanchez gets roasted a lot more than he deserves.

He's had several huge comebacks now this season, and he is now 3-1 in playoff road games.

He does have accuracy issues overthrowing guys, but he's a 2nd year player and also playing with an injured, frayed rotator cuff.

Tom Brady overthrew a lot of his balls in 2001 and 2002, but it wasn't mentioned as much.

In Sanchez's case, I think his flaws get amplified and exaggerated more than other QB's, past and present.

Jets deserve to be here.

The Pats will let their play do all the talking and we'll see who deserves to move on.

Sanchez is too awful to come in here and win it. Patriots win by 20.

It's deja vu all over again. :yawn2:

I think Sanchez gets roasted a lot more than he deserves.

QB Rating
75.3 (27th)

Completion Percentage
54.8% (29th)

That's with a great offensive-line, Pro-Bowl receivers and the 3rd ranked rushing offense in the NFL.

I guess I'll put this here in this thread, but I think Sanchez gets roasted a lot more than he deserves.

He's had several huge comebacks now this season, and he is now 3-1 in playoff road games.

He does have accuracy issues overthrowing guys, but he's a 2nd year player and also playing with an injured, frayed rotator cuff.

Tom Brady overthrew a lot of his balls in 2001 and 2002, but it wasn't mentioned as much.

In Sanchez's case, I think his flaws get amplified and exaggerated more than other QB's, past and present.

Sanchez has talent. There is no question about that.

I do give him credit for being 3-1 in playoff games with all 3 of those games on the road. Even with the defense and the running game lightening the load, it do give him credit for making the throws when he has to. I also give him credit for putting the team in a position to win the game by making some good decisions and throws to the right receivers (even though Caldwell helped them out).

However, comparing Sanchez's first two years to Brady's is not accurate. Leadership. Accuracy. Stats. Championships. Knowledge of the game. Ability to carry a team (Snow Bowl) in the playoffs. At the end of the 02 season, he was father along in his maturation process as a QB than Sanchez.

Last edited:

Brady was not near the QB in 01-02 that he is now, and that's for obvious reasons, but his accuracy (even floating a few balls) was 1000x better than Sanchez. I have yet to see Sanchez throw a touch pass in the NFL...every one of his great passes down field is him just throwing it up and his recievers sometimes make a good play on the ball. Even on Saturday, that last pass to Braylon was Sanchez just chunking the ball high and Edwards getting away with a little bit of a push-off. That same pass at Gillette get hung up in the wind and probably picked off.

Sanchez may recieve alot of unfair critism, but he also gets a lot of undo praise. That's what the New York media gets ya though.

Any one else hope Ed the Fireman can't get a ticket to Gillette? I'm sick of seeing that guy.

Is he really a fireman? Isnt he suppose to be guarding the station sitting by the phone?

Jets want revenge for 45-3 loss to Patriots - NYPOST.com
Jets want revenge for 45-3 loss to Patriots

“I’m not going to lie, I remember what happened, but at the end of the day I know we’re better than them ,” receiver Braylon Edwards said.

We’ve been wanting the Patriots for a while now . . . ever since that [loss],” tight end Dustin Keller said. “It’s our chance to get back [at them]. They gave us a bad beating the last time we played them, but we’re not that same team anymore.

“We’re playing pretty good football. We’re very confident going into this game. Obviously, last time we didn’t give close to our best effort. You have to go through New England to get to the Super Bowl. And that’s our ultimate goal.”

Defensive end Shaun Ellis agreed with Keller, saying the Jets were not themselves in that last meeting against New England.

Jets Tweet revenge - NYPOST.com
Jets Tweet revenge
From Braylon Edwards: “All you hatin ***** people....

J-E-T-S. And let new England know we are coming”

* From Damien Woody: “Hi Haters....Bye Haters”!

J-E-T-S...Jets...Jets....Jets!!!! LMAO”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back