PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick catches Shula

Wonder why there has never been a Bill Belichick steakhouse?

Schula had one in FLA. Ditka had one in Chicago. How hard can it be? Baked potato, salad and throw on a steak.

I would make it a seafood restaurant tho...

Spot on, BB had no problem pushing TB, (the GOAT), out the door with (no compensation in return). Why should RK have a problem pushing BB out the door? Also what about the fans! The product on the field this season is terrible...that's on both Bill and the Krafts. Bill has shown me that he can't get it done w/o Brady, as a defensive coach he's great as a head coach/GM w/o Brady he's meah. Four years is enough time to rebuild in this league...time to move on. That being said my bet is Kraft will stand pat.

Brady left in free agency. Never in the history of sports has a player been paid when leaving to join another team.

Bill had more losing seasons in the last 4 years (3) than Shula* had in his entire 33 year career (2).

is shula even a top 10 coach all-time?

i ran through some things last night, case could be made he's at 10 or even outside the 10

Bill had more losing seasons in the last 4 years (3) than Shula* had in his entire 33 year career (2).
The celebration would only include " people he likes and wants to be around "

I did not care for Shula... AT ALL. But that right there is an impressive feat.

Belichick had a lot of firsts this season. None of them good but seeing his name above Jeff Fisher is something.

SmartSelect_20240109_094951_Firefox.jpg

I did not care for Shula... AT ALL. But that right there is an impressive feat.

is it though? you're talking an era of 14 games, limited free agency, no salary cap....once you built a team, it generally stayed together.......fewer teams, less travel.......there were a lot of factors that helped teams consistently win

shula was good......but......i'd say tomlin's ability to be consistently mediocre is as impressive or more

Andy Reid is at .641, so he'll pass Belichick, who keeps on sliding in win%, next season.

Perhaps so, time will tell.

It's a record that now Bill owns a tie in and will clearly own outright next season.

But it means very little because of the number of games he's coached. Reid isn't far behind and also likely will surpass 165 losses. Again, winning percentage is more telltale for a coach on the all-timers scale. The standard of excellence is 60 percent, comparing Belichick to Fisher is misleading unless you want to contrast their win totals as well.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back