PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick Press Conference 7:30am (1/8/24)

So it sounds like BB is open to being in a HC only role if the org feels it helps the team? Interesting.

Weei cut off the presser cause of audio issues so I didn't hear that. What was said?

Yes. We witnessed the futility, losing and disappointment with Bledsoe.

There will never be another Brady but 1 player can change a teams fortunes.
Run I mean QB

He walked into Gillette everyday this season......
Meme Reaction GIF by Travis
Don't be a douche. He also needs a reboot and to realize he can't do as much as he used to.

That is quite huge. Cause when he said he'd continue to construct the team I thought for sure he was saying he wasn't giving up gm role.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
That is quite huge. Cause when he said he'd continue to construct the team I thought for sure he was saying he wssnt fiving up gm role.

At 72 and at most 2-3 years left guy probably doesn’t want to leave honestly. He’s close to the end who wants to move on.

I honestly didn’t think he would agree to relinquish GM duties at least in New England. But if he does he will be back IMO

Let him handle Hc and defense. Let O’Brien or McDaniels or whomever handle the offense 100% witha GM picking the groceries

I wonder if Kraft can simply take his GM power away any time from a contractual standpoint.

Maybe the sticking point here is that Kraft can do this, but Bill would prefer not to but can’t control it. So he’s open to working elsewhere where they’d give him GM powers, but not just any old place. So this maneuvering says “We are open to keeping Bill in a reduced role, but if you might want him, feel free to give us a call.” Other teams might call with offers for him with GM powers included that he could consider and that Kraft could also weigh the value of the compensation and then they could ultimately decide as a pair which one to go with after a few days.

Or, possibly he simply just doesn’t want to leave and will do whatever Kraft wants. Hard to say.

At 72 and at most 2-3 years left guy probably doesn’t want to leave honestly. He’s close to the end who wants to move on.

I honestly didn’t think he would agree to relinquish GM duties at least in New England. But if he does he will be back IMO

Let him handle Hc and defense. Let O’Brien or McDaniels or whomever handle the offense 100% witha GM picking the groceries
Wait until you learn that the new GM is Matt Groh

If he doesn't announce his departure here then he's going no where.

It would be pretty petty of Kraft to let him go out there for media availability just to fire him later in the day.

It's possible Bill wants to get this out of the way before some of the media even gets there and get out of here without having to take any accountability.

I assume he's staying though because it would be pretty nuts for him to be out there addressing anything Patriots related known he's out the door.
With Bill and the organization we never know. I'd expect the unexpected. He's supposed to be meeting with ownership today so if anything later today or tomorrow we'd know something. I'll be paying attention as we all will be.

At least your lame attempt at a response shows you know you are an idiot

It means I don't want to engage with you for 8 hours across two days while you say the same thing over and over.

I know where you stand. I can see it from way up here.

A lot

His methods still work. Defense still wins championships
Not by themselves. As demonstrated by an excellent defensive team with a 4-13 record.

IMO bill will be back as coach only.

Sounds like he doesn’t really want to leave New England. I can’t see Kraft firing him if he actually agrees to it.

"someone's got to have the final say. I have it." He didn't commit either way to me to giving up final say.

Jeez Bill just go and enjoy what’s left of your life with your family.
Team needs to move on and bring fresh minds to choose their guy. Keeping Bill for another couple of years just means pissing away a couple of top draft picks. A shame really.

Bill says a decision on the future will be made "collectively" implying he believes he has veto power. Ball's in Kraft's court.

It means I don't want to engage with you for 8 hours across two days while you say the same thing over and over.

I know where you stand. I can see it from way up here.
You engage and bring up the topic you say you don’t want to engage about when the discussion was about something else, because you don’t want engage?

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back