PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breer: Patriots inquiring about #12 from Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only see them doing this for Cox or Keuchly, I don't see Belichick doing this for a safety. Truth is i don't see them doing this at all but those 2 would be worth it.

I'm still hoping for Hightower and David in the first. Some will say it's too high for David but i think he's going earlier than projections.

Kuechly??? Nice player but our inside linebackers are the least of our problems.

Anyone else read that as "Patriots have acquired..."

No, but when I run these reports through my draft day disinformation decoder it comes out as per league sources Seattle is reporting that the Patriots have inquired...about the pick they hope someone will want to trade up with them for.

Pats are going after Mercilus!

Whoa there tough guy are you seriously telling me our offense shouldn't hope to get 28 points a game in the playoffs with this defense?

First of all I'm not counting the Broncos game as anything impressive we played a joke of a quarterback who put his team into a hole early that he clearly couldn't get out of due to his inability to pass. 20 points to the Ravens should have been 27 with that idiotic drop by Lee Evans. I'm so HAPPY that he did drop that pass before you go calling me a Jets fan as it seems to be the case when anyone says anything negative about this team.

I went to the Super Bowl and I watched our Offense unable to get anything going in the first half primarily due to the AWFUL field position it was given for literally every single drive of the first half including the touch down drive that went 96 YARDS! Though the defense did not give up POINTS it cost us POINTS by making us have to drive 70 yards just to get a FG! Do you understand that points allowed isn't everything? Field position and time of possession matter no matter how much you do not want them to. Give Brady better field position, give him a few extra possession because we were able to stop the Giants before they chewed up 8 minutes a drive and we win that game easily.

I am so sick of people saying points allowed is all that matters.. it is when you play weak teams. You need to get off the field and give your best weapon TFB more possessions. If you think I'm an idiot for wanting our offense to score 28 points a game in the playoffs with this terrible defense I don't know what to say. Sure we can win games by scoring 21.. it's just nearly impossible to do with TERRIBLE field position and not enough possessions. You sir are the biggest idiot I have ever come across on this board.

EDIT: And another thing defense does win championships because the Giants defense gave Eli EXTRA possessions. You need to have some form of a defense that gets off the field to win in the playoffs, not a smoke and mirrors defense that gives up a FG every drive and allows 8 minutes to be chewed off the clock every drive.

Ofcourse you don't count the Broncos game. It's the most obvious example of how stupid your god awful post and thought process is.

The Broncos put up 30 points on the "elite" Steelers defense the very week before....but let's excuse that. :eek:

Also, what kind of clown comes up with HOPING for 28 points then claims points don't matter? If they didn't matter, then what other criteria determines who wins or loses?

Also, an even bigger clown retorts some nonsense about "extra possessions" and his team's defense was #2 in turnovers.:confused:

Hopeless....I guess even mental midgets count as clicks.

for giggles here is the draft value math:

From Seattle
12 = 1,200
106 (round 4) = 82

From NE
27 = 680
31 = 600

Doesn't look like a good trade for either team imo

Last edited:
Don't see them doing this for Barron. They can get good cover safeties in Menzie or Taylor much later.

The misinformation begins. The Cowboys, Jets and Eagles are pounding the phones now as BB laughs and thinks how many picks he will get when he trades out and gets his "value" i.e., the players he cuts in two years. He will have the Draft gurus praising his Draft talent as Nick desperately tries to find Carters and Matt Roths' phone numbers for our 2012 pass rush. ......but......good news!!! we got a zillion picks back and those scribes will be building a statue of Bill to put up stationary at the Radio City Music Hall. GMs from the world over will go to that mecca to kiss that statues feet and cry out for knowledge and a little Draft mediocrity as well! If only they could use a phone like that to take lesser talent.
DW Toys

Ofcourse you don't count the Broncos game. It's the most obvious example of how stupid your god awful post and thought process is.

The Broncos put up 30 points on the "elite" Steelers defense the very week before....but let's excuse that. :eek:

Also, what kind of clown comes up with HOPING for 28 points then claims points don't matter? If they didn't matter, then what other criteria determines who wins or loses?

Also, an even bigger clown retorts some nonsense about "extra possessions" and his team's defense was #2 in turnovers.:confused:

That elite defense was missing a NUMBER of guys as the game wore on and started it without their free safety. Every idiot in the world could see that defense was not the same.

I clearly said points are not the ONLY thing to consider when evaluating a defense put clearly you lack the ability to read. LOL at #2 in turnovers as some kind of evidence that we got extra possessions. We were -2 in turn over margin in the AFC Championship game and -1 in the Super Bowl OFFICIALLy I'd say its -2 with the safety. -4 in the two biggest games of the year and we are somehow #2 in forcing turnovers. We got an interception in the AFC championship game and thats IT.

Your extremely angry about something, from what I gather you think our defense is fine. Pass me some of what your smoking.

The misinformation begins. The Cowboys, Jets and Eagles are pounding the phones now as BB laughs and thinks how many picks he will get when he trades out and gets his "value" i.e., the players he cuts in two years. He will have the Draft gurus praising his Draft talent as Nick desperately tries to find Carters and Matt Roths' phone numbers for our 2012 pass rush. ......but......good news!!! we got a zillion picks back and those scribes will be building a statue of Bill to put up stationary at the Radio City Music Hall. GMs from the world over will go to that mecca to kiss that statues feet and cry out for knowledge and a little Draft mediocrity as well! If only they could use a phone like that to take lesser talent.
DW Toys

I hope they don't cut Gronkowski :(

You mean the Steelers defense that played single or zero safety coverage the entire game?

For some reason, the name DeWayne Robertson comes to mind.

Whoa there tough guy are you seriously telling me our offense shouldn't hope to get 28 points a game in the playoffs with this defense?

First of all I'm not counting the Broncos game as anything impressive we played a joke of a quarterback who put his team into a hole early that he clearly couldn't get out of due to his inability to pass. 20 points to the Ravens should have been 27 with that idiotic drop by Lee Evans. I'm so HAPPY that he did drop that pass before you go calling me a Jets fan as it seems to be the case when anyone says anything negative about this team.

I went to the Super Bowl and I watched our Offense unable to get anything going in the first half primarily due to the AWFUL field position it was given for literally every single drive of the first half including the touch down drive that went 96 YARDS! Though the defense did not give up POINTS it cost us POINTS by making us have to drive 70 yards just to get a FG! Do you understand that points allowed isn't everything? Field position and time of possession matter no matter how much you do not want them to. Give Brady better field position, give him a few extra possession because we were able to stop the Giants before they chewed up 8 minutes a drive and we win that game easily.

I am so sick of people saying points allowed is all that matters.. it is when you play weak teams. You need to get off the field and give your best weapon TFB more possessions. If you think I'm an idiot for wanting our offense to score 28 points a game in the playoffs with this terrible defense I don't know what to say. Sure we can win games by scoring 21.. it's just nearly impossible to do with TERRIBLE field position and not enough possessions. You sir are the biggest idiot I have ever come across on this board.

EDIT: And another thing defense does win championships because the Giants defense gave Eli EXTRA possessions. You need to have some form of a defense that gets off the field to win in the playoffs, not a smoke and mirrors defense that gives up a FG every drive and allows 8 minutes to be chewed off the clock every drive.

...FINISH HIM. I kept trying to tell pfip this exact same thing throughout the season before he would ultimately realize that his argument was flawed and weak. Wouldn't you know that a lack of possessions in quality field position ultimately ended up costing the Pats the biggest game of the season? I mean, who would thunk it?

You mean the Steelers defense that played single or zero safety coverage the entire game?

The same Steelers defense that either wouldn't or couldn't set the edge and keep Tebow in the pocket and/or take away his initial read. Yeah, the very type of defense that was tailor made for Tebow to win against. Steelers fans can thank **** LeBlow for that one.

i would like this trade if we get barron brokers ingram or cox

our two firsts this year, for the 12 pick and seattle's 1st next year would be delicious

It would more than likely be #12 and #106 for #27 & #31.

Which I would be fien with. Plenty of Patriot type players at the top of the 4th round.

This guy is gonna spin what you said as the Steelers some how respect TeBLOW by literally ignoring the passing game entirely. Don't bother with him.

As for the trading up, I am all for it! It would be exciting to bring a top 15 pick in here, especially if BB thought it warranted.

It would more than likely be #12 and #106 for #27 & #31.

Which I would be fien with. Plenty of Patriot type players at the top of the 4th round.

If we do that then we lose the perpetual free 2nd rounder

basically trading 2 1sts for a higher 1st and someone who has about a 5% chance of making a meaningful impact on this team.

Last edited:
As for the trading up, I am all for it! It would be exciting to bring a top 15 pick in here, especially if BB thought it warranted.

Last time we did so, we ended up with the DROY. Combine that with an SEC guy that's used to playing against top flight WRs and has game experience in the system, and you have a win (should a trade up happen).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick