PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos/Patriots matchup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh has brought me so many great memories.

Forever I will speak fondly about Tebow's overtime win, over the steelers in the playoffs. I think I will bring it up every year, at least a few hundred times a year.

Count me nervous. We embarassed them in the last game and could be overconfident going into this one. This has a repeat of last year's playoff fiasco written all over it.

At least if the Steelers won we'd know the team would be focused...

I have to disagree with you about this team being "over-confident" in facing Denver again. Denver just showed that they can play better than they did against he Pats the first time around. Both on offense and defense.

This is going to be a tough game. Anyone thinking otherwise is fooling themselves.

Hochstein played a heckuva game filling in for Chris Kuper. Hochstein also knows Wilfork very well from the years of going against him in practice. Ty Warren also knows Wilfork well.

That being said, we are without Andre Carter, who had a helluva game against Denver. We are going to need Ninkovich and Anderson to really step up their game. They will need to contain the edges long enough for Wilfork, Deaderick and Love to work their magic against Tebow.

There is going to be a lot of pressure on the Pats secondary. Particularly to stop the longer passes that Denver was making today.

McDaniels should bring a lot of knowledge about how Tebow prepares. Where Tebow makes mistakes in his preparations (wrong assumptions and such). But, that doesn't mean Tebow will still make those mistakes in his preparations.

The Pats need to use their 2 TE set offense as much as possible. I don't believe Denver has the ability to take away Gronk, Hernandez and Welker. You add BJGE, Ridley, and a smattering of Branch, Ocho, Underwood, and Edelman and things get mighty interesting.

We need Mankins and Vollmer back. That will go a long way to shutting down the Denver Defense from putting pressure on Brady. If not, things will be tougher, but not unmanageable.

One thing that I hope that the league takes notice of is the Denver O-line's propensity to go low on the D-linemen. I watched several O-linemen basically DIVE at the knees of D-linemen and not get called. I'm not sure if that is how Hampton and Keisel got injured, but it definitely made the Pitt D-line wary..

Hernandez had 130 yards last time, I say use him a lot in this one, no way they can stop it.

im more worried about their ability to run the ball.

I agree, the first quarter against Denver was the worst run defense I have every seen. Having Chung and Spikes will help.

One thing that I hope that the league takes notice of is the Denver O-line's propensity to go low on the D-linemen. I watched several O-linemen basically DIVE at the knees of D-linemen and not get called. I'm not sure if that is how Hampton and Keisel got injured, but it definitely made the Pitt D-line wary..

denver has always been known for their illegal cut-blocking.

I can't believe that Eric Decker will play next week based on how bad that knee injury looked today.

Highly doubt it. Fox even said on podium, that the injury is serious..

IMO, the steelers played like the Pats in the 1st quarter of our game against Denver, the whole game. They never adjusted. We will come into this game and not worry about the options and just hit Tebow as much as we can, i.e. Ninko and Anderson.

I have to disagree with you about this team being "over-confident" in facing Denver again. Denver just showed that they can play better than they did against he Pats the first time around. Both on offense and defense.

This is going to be a tough game. Anyone thinking otherwise is fooling themselves.

Hochstein played a heckuva game filling in for Chris Kuper. Hochstein also knows Wilfork very well from the years of going against him in practice. Ty Warren also knows Wilfork well.

That being said, we are without Andre Carter, who had a helluva game against Denver. We are going to need Ninkovich and Anderson to really step up their game. They will need to contain the edges long enough for Wilfork, Deaderick and Love to work their magic against Tebow.

There is going to be a lot of pressure on the Pats secondary. Particularly to stop the longer passes that Denver was making today.

McDaniels should bring a lot of knowledge about how Tebow prepares. Where Tebow makes mistakes in his preparations (wrong assumptions and such). But, that doesn't mean Tebow will still make those mistakes in his preparations.

The Pats need to use their 2 TE set offense as much as possible. I don't believe Denver has the ability to take away Gronk, Hernandez and Welker. You add BJGE, Ridley, and a smattering of Branch, Ocho, Underwood, and Edelman and things get mighty interesting.

We need Mankins and Vollmer back. That will go a long way to shutting down the Denver Defense from putting pressure on Brady. If not, things will be tougher, but not unmanageable.

Carter played less than 1 quarter that game. I don't know what you're talking about.

I am fairly convinced that the Patriots are gonna be hosting the Baltimore Ravens Sunday January 23, 2012. I don't think I can take another January meltdown from this team.

The winner of this game goes to the superbowl.

They wont be getting a W in Foxboro

Really, because the pats Crushed Denver a month ago? The Pats Crushed the Jests last year in the regular season and how'd that turned out. Don't count your wins until they're hatched. After last year i don't any longer.

Last edited:

Im sorry but the Denver Bronco's are 8-8 for a reason.. Teblow played out of his mind today that won't happen 2 games in a row. If he comes in to new england and knocks off TFB and the 13-3 Pats.. i will castrate myself in the name of the lord.

There is less than a 10% chance Denver wins.. That 10% comes from NE beating themselves much like the Steelers did.

Not really. One can imagine that the Texans or the Ravens would have something to say about that.

If the Pats win, I see them beating Balt/Hou at home.

If the Broncos win, their just a team of destiny. :D

Last edited:
Count me nervous. We embarassed them in the last game and could be overconfident going into this one. This has a repeat of last year's playoff fiasco written all over it.

At least if the Steelers won we'd know the team would be focused...

C'mon, any time a team goes into a Divisional Playoff game overconfident, they have no right to be in the playoffs. This team has a lot character, they will not go into the game overconfident.

Also, the Pats didn't go into the Jets' playoff game overconfident. That isn't the reason they lost.

Should be a interesting game. Hope they didn't blow a week preparing for the Steelers lol.

I'd be interested to see where McCourty plays and if Moore tries to build off his success at cb.
I think this is as healthy as the Patriots are gonna get this season, the bye week helps tremendously. Chung and Spikes should be close to at least 90% you would hope? Oline I'm kind of in the dark on. Not a lot of news coming our way.

Can't wait for this game. The fans should be louder than they've been in years. I think the sense of entitlement has left some of the fan base after 2 straight 1st round exits. We know what's on the line and should make it as tough on Denver as we can.

denver has always been known for their illegal cut-blocking.

I know.. But today there was some pretty blatant ones. I mean, I watched one O-linemen dive 3 yards to try and take out a Pitt D-linemen early in the game.

Im sorry but the Denver Bronco's are 8-8 for a reason.. Teblow played out of his mind today that won't happen 2 games in a row. If he comes in to new england and knocks off TFB and the 13-3 Pats.. i will castrate myself in the name of the lord.

There is less than a 10% chance Denver wins.. That 10% comes from NE beating themselves much like the Steelers did.

You can be sorry all you want. Only the ignorant would ignore what happened in today's game and history. I'm not saying Tebow will be great, but thinking that it will be a cake walk is just ignorant.

10 year anniversary of Tuck rule game!

slightly nervous, but I doubt it's warranted.

We won't be overconfident. The media TebowIsGod bulletin board material will take care of that.

Overconfident? More like pissed off. Look, NOBODY in the media is going to be talking about the HOF QB playing for the home team. They'll be talking Saint Timmy and Denver 24-7 until next Saturday night. It will be a collective media orgasm the likes of which we haven't seen since Peyton hit his prime.

The Pats will play the disrespect card, whether it's true or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents