PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos/Patriots matchup

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do they get to Brady with only their front 4? They won't be able to get to Brady and cover everyone in the passing game. They don't have the horses up front in the middle.

Hi all long time pats fan looking forward to contributing to the forum for a long time.

Live in the UK but have the privilege of an aunt and uncle (the ones that got me into football) living in Lowell whom i visit fairly often. As they're season ticket holders when i'm there i have the honour of watching the greatest QB of all time play. Last game i attended was against the Packers last December at Gillette (Flynn's debut) but hoping to come down again in the near future.

Hoping to get some stimulating football conversation on here as one of my closest friends is a Jet and he's well two wings short of a bucket when it comes to football. :eek: horror.

Looking forward to the game against the holy one, wish i was going as it's going to be electric.

Hi all long time pats fan looking forward to contributing to the forum for a long time.

Live in the UK but have the privilege of an aunt and uncle (the ones that got me into football) living in Lowell whom i visit fairly often. As they're season ticket holders when i'm there i have the honour of watching the greatest QB of all time play. Last game i attended was against the Packers last December at Gillette (Flynn's debut) but hoping to come down again in the near future.

Hoping to get some stimulating football conversation on here as one of my closest friends is a Jet and he's well two wings short of a bucket when it comes to football. :eek: horror.

Looking forward to the game against the holy one, wish i was going as it's going to be electric.

:welcome:

As soon as the Patriots go on there first scoring drive.. PP can give the nod.. Hopefully it happens in the first quarter and not the 3rd. As soon as the pats go on that first drive they rarely ever get stopped after that. This is the easiest opponent we have faced I think ever... wel for the B B era. Maybe you could make and argument that Jacksonville was a weaker team.. even though their record said other wise.

Tebow tonight.. played his best game as a pro.. made 4 or 5 big plays in the passing game. I would be shocked if he did it again.. but they clearly do not have the horses if the Bronco's want to get in a shoot out.

Denvers best bet is to keep TFB12 on the sideline. So there going to pound the ball down our throats. Hopefully the pats will do a better job stopping the Denver running attack this time. The Pats 1st quarter defense was about as bad as I have ever seen .. as far as rushing defense.

Lets hope the weather holds up for these play off games.. that would suck if we get nailed with high winds and 10 degree weather.. The Bronco's and the Raven's would probably really enjoy runnign the ball while we struggle.

If god wants tebow to win.. we will have high gusty winds when he comes to town on Saturday.

Last edited:
Something I read on Facebook

Hopefully none of that happens against the Pats

"Tebow 3:16
Broncos head coach name: John (fox)
Broncos Executive Vice President of Operations name: John (elway)
Steelers time of possession: 31:06
Tebow:passing yards: 316
Tebow YPC: 31.6
Tebow threw 10 completions in the game. 10 books after the book of John (in the Bible) is the book of Tim.
Tebow had 21 pass attempts in the game. 21 chapters in the book John.
Demaryius Antwon Thomas was born 25th of Decemeber, 1987.

Tebow 316 yards

John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

As soon as the Patriots go on there first scoring drive.. PP can give the nod.. Hopefully it happens in the first quarter and not the 3rd. As soon as the pats go on that first drive they rarely ever get stopped after that. This is the easiest opponent we have faced I think ever... wel for the B B era. Maybe you could make and argument that Jacksonville was a weaker team.. even though their record said other wise.

Tebow tonight.. played his best game as a pro.. made 4 or 5 big plays in the passing game. I would be shocked if he did it again.. but they clearly do not have the horses if the Bronco's want to get in a shoot out.

Denvers best bet is to keep TFB12 on the sideline. So there going to pound the ball down our throats. Hopefully the pats will do a better job stopping the Denver running attack this time. The Pats 1st quarter defense was about as bad as I have ever seen .. as far as rushing defense.

Lets hope the weather holds up for these play off games.. that would suck if we get nailed with high winds and 10 degree weather.. The Bronco's and the Raven's would probably really enjoy runnign the ball while we struggle.

If god wants tebow to win.. we will have high gusty winds when he comes to town on Saturday.

I don't think that is an automatic. Brady's ball can cut through some wind. I don't think Tebow has the arm to be accurate in the wind. And there is only so much running they can do and expect to score. Brady will throw the ball and score in the wind as he has in the past. The question is can Tebow?

Last edited:
As bad our defense is..we wont be seeing a 10 man front with zero coverage behind. Pats will pressure with 3-4 and force him to throw and live with stopping the run by getting ahead in scores. Pitt never was able to do that because they never took a decent lead.

Last edited:

If god wants Tebow to win Brady will be hit by a truck, because its just not happening.

Ill be frank, this is the worst team in the playoffs, you can't beat them, no way you deserved to be here. You were blessed to play this team. Try our schedule.

Last edited:
"Tebow 3:16". That'll be his completion to attempt ratio.

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Doesn't that mean that in order to win the Super Bowl, the Broncos would have to cut Tebow? :eek:

now that I think about it that wobbly duck he throws more often than not would never make it anywhere near the intended target in the gusting wind. And the Broncos cannot win against us without Tebow coming up big in the passing game like he did tonight.

Doesn't that mean that in order to win the Super Bowl, the Broncos would have to cut Tebow? :eek:

Haha I don't know man, I saw this on Facebook and all of that was typed so I just figured it'd be nice to share in here because I was like WTF

The SNL skit said Brady was gods nephew and Jesus was busy the day we played Denver. Tebow wasn't so good because the lord was looking over our defense instead (except for the first few drives :D).

This will be the easiest path to a Championship game in the SB era!

Oh dear. It won't nearly be that easy and I hope the Pats don't take Denver lightly

The message board at denverbroncos.com think they matchup well with us!!
The biggest thing coming out of this game is the Pats can't stack the box - Broncos Country Message Boards

We're gonna crush these guys even worse than the first game. There won't be any of those garbage TD drives like their first two TDs. Plus we have Spikes and Fletcher back. Can't wait.

They have another thread over there based on this very thread. By some of their fans logic, a few Pats fans being confident becomes all Pats being over confident, which becomes the team is over confident and will therefore lose because the Steelers were overconfident and they lost. :confused:

Also the general consensus over there is that "the Pats didn't win, but rather the Broncos gift wrapped that game for them with 3 straight turnovers"; not a single mention of any in-game adjustments by the Pats or any credit whatsoever to the defense in that game. For whatever reason they think all they have to do is not turn the ball over and it's an automatic win. Why a team that was next to last in turning the ball over in the AFC is suddenly going to stop giving the ball away wasn't discussed, nor was the fact that opponents force turnovers.

But the biggest omission was any conversation on how they are going to stop the Patriots passing game. All I can see is 'all we have to do is not turn the ball over and we'll win'.

Yet this forum is the one that's delusional and knows nothing about football? :bricks:

Pats Forum. They are worried. :) - Broncos Country Message Boards

Damn. 316 passing yards against the #1 passing defense in the NFL. Tebow just threw for more yards than any quarterback this season against the Steelers. 50 yards rushing. 2 passing TD's and 1 rushing TD, and zero turnovers. That kid is incredible. Lets hope his magic runs out against the Patriots next week !! Roll Pats !!

Number one in yards, mainly rushing. I think they rank 12th passing yardage. His completion came from a couple big plays as well. I think DT had 4 receptions for 204 yards.

c'mon Denver....almost time for McDaniels to make up for his lack of half time adjustments in Super Bowl 42 !

Pretty sure McDaniels didn't tell his offensive lineman to let the Giant defenders go through unblocked.... but that is a different thread.

The Patriots will have to play a complimentary game, offense, defense and special teams.

Offense
- quickly and methodically score some points, play from in front
- no turnovers

Defense
- stop the run!
- don't give up the deep play and force 3rd and longs

Special Teams
- give Tebow a long field

If god wants Tebow to win Brady will be hit by a truck, because its just not happening.

Ill be frank, this is the worst team in the playoffs, you can't beat them, no way you deserved to be here. You were blessed to play this team. Try our schedule.

I normally love your stuff, but you're being way too hard on the Broncos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents