PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos/Patriots matchup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be real here... the Patriots defense is nowhere NEAR as good as the Steelers'. I say they're the worst defense in the league. But the last time Pats and Broncos met, Brady did what he does best and sliced them apart. It falls on Tom Brady's shoulders to carry this team to a Super Bowl. If god forbid Brady struggles, this team is ONE and DONE! Don't act like it can't happen because it absolutely can and it has.

Last edited:
The message board at denverbroncos.com think they matchup well with us!!
The biggest thing coming out of this game is the Pats can't stack the box - Broncos Country Message Boards

crying.gif
crying.gif
crying.gif

We're gonna crush these guys even worse than the first game. There won't be any of those garbage TD drives like their first two TDs. Plus we have Spikes and Fletcher back. Can't wait.

So you're essentially expecting the Broncos to commit those idiotic, unforced turnovers again? Because that's the only reason why the score wasn't close last time around.

Maybe Im wrong, but Im pretty sure its legal to make out a DLs legs at the line of scrimmage as long as hes not engaged with another blocker. I dont see anything dirty about it all. Im sure the Pats do it as well. If they dont, they should.

It's one thing to go low on a D-lineman from your stance on the line. It's something totally different to dive at the guys legs when you are 3 yards away.

The Broncos have a solid D, but they're far better against the run than against the pass. That is not the kind of defense you want to bring to the altar of Tom Brady. They blew coverages all over the place and left Hernandez open like no one had any film of our offense. In the two games I've watched of them, Denver has not been subtle about what they do on defense. I certainly hope that continues.

I am deathly affraid of the momentum machine that is the Broncos. I am strangely comfortable with our defense and BB's scheming against the Broncos.

Unforced Turnovers? lol...I could have sworn most of them came due to pressures and sacks minus the punt fumble.

Brady is at home...the turds are on the road this time..i expect the pats to take the lead first and never let up

Be real here... the Patriots defense is nowhere NEAR as good as the Steelers'. I say they're the worst defense in the league. But the last time Pats and Broncos met, Brady did what he does best and sliced them apart. It falls on Tom Brady's shoulders to carry this team to a Super Bowl. If god forbid Brady struggles, this team is ONE and DONE! Don't act like it can't happen because it absolutely can and it has.

The Patriots are NOT the worst defense in the league by any measure. Not in Yards allowed OR in Points allowed. And points allowed is really the only measure that matters.

You seem to forget that the last time the Pats met, the Pats defense provided several turnovers so that the Pats offense could do their thing. It's what allowed the Pats to put up 27 straight points.

Some things that People have forgotten. The Pats haven't allowed a 300 yard passer in 6 of their last 8 games. And one of those was 306 yards..

The Pats were also without Fletcher, Spikes and Chung when we last played Denver. They will help the defense. Especially against the Running game.

Denver was fully healthy when we last played them. They aren't now, having lost Chris Kuper and Eric Decker. Though Hochstein played well in Chris Kuper's absence. The loss of Decker is big. It will put a lot of pressure on Daniel Fells and Matt Willis to step up.

I'm feeling pretty good about this matchup. We cannot be as bad as we were defensively at Mile High. We couldn't stop anything that first half. A week of practising setting the edge and keeping Tebow in the pocket and we will be fine.

So you're essentially expecting the Broncos to commit those idiotic, unforced turnovers again? Because that's the only reason why the score wasn't close last time around.

Are you expecting the Broncos to run for 170 yards in the first quarter again? Because that's the only reason the Patriots had any difficulty in that first Broncos game.

Last edited:

Umm.. 2 of the fumbles were FORCED. 2 of them weren't. The unforced errors were a blown snap and Quan Cosby dropping a punt. Mark Anderson's force fumble was on a sack of Tebow and Ron Brace's was a great play to strip Lance Ball of the ball..

So, of the 4 fumbles by Denver, 2 were forced and 2 unforced. And of the unforced, Cosby's led to 3 points.

So are you really going to take the 10 points that the Pat's got from the FORCED fumbles and act like they were gifts?

Tim Tebow is the greatest passer in NFL playoff history. Please take a knee:

Tim Tebow blew away Aaron Rodgers all-time NFL post-season passer rating of 112.6 with his career post-season 125.6 passer rating.

By comparison, Joe Montana is at 95.6 and the great Troy Aikman is at 88.3. Tom Brady is a schlub compared to Tim Tebow with a career post-season passer rating of 85.7.

Tebow also shattered John Elway's team record for yards in a debut playoff game in the first half.

And, Tim Tebow now holds the all-time career NFL playoff record at 15.0 yards per attempt.

Wannabe Tom Brady is half that at 7.5 yards per attempt.

If Tebow throws the ball 40 times on Saturday night he will pass for 600 yards! (Please don't tell John Fox.)

All rise.

Last edited:
I'm feeling pretty good about this matchup. We cannot be as bad as we were defensively at Mile High. We couldn't stop anything that first half. A week of practising setting the edge and keeping Tebow in the pocket and we will be fine.

More revisionist history.. The Pats only had issues in the 1st quarter. Not the 1st half. The Broncos managed 13 points in the 1st quarter and a field goal to start the second. After that, they didn't get squat until the Pats had a 34 to 16 lead in the 4th quarter.

The Broncos have a solid D, but they're far better against the run than against the pass. That is not the kind of defense you want to bring to the altar of Tom Brady. They blew coverages all over the place and left Hernandez open like no one had any film of our offense. In the two games I've watched of them, Denver has not been subtle about what they do on defense. I certainly hope that continues.

I am deathly affraid of the momentum machine that is the Broncos. I am strangely comfortable with our defense and BB's scheming against the Broncos.

Actually they have a below average defense, that was the beneficiary of playing mostly inept offenses/QB's through their 7-1 miracle run and prior. A solid defense does not allow 40 or more points in 25% of their games. All of their numbers suggest that they are a below average defense in every category.

Total D: 20th
Rush D : 22nd
Pass D : 18th
Scoring: 24th

Actually they have a below average defense, that was the beneficiary of playing mostly inept offenses/QB's through their 7-1 miracle run and prior. A solid defense does not allow 40 or more points in 25% of their games. All of their numbers suggest that they are a below average defense in every category.

Total D: 20th
Rush D : 22nd
Pass D : 18th
Scoring: 24th

LOL that's why you have eyes.. The broncos have a very good defense that love attacking the ball. There's a reason most teams play conservative against them and sling it on the pats. Their pass rushers have emerged as the best young DEs in the nfl.

LOL that's why you have eyes.. The broncos have a very good defense that love attacking the ball. There's a reason most teams play conservative against them and sling it on the pats. Their pass rushers have emerged as the best young DEs in the nfl.

My eyes tell me that they have no interior rush, none. My eyes also tell me that their interior run defense is not very good. My eyes also tell me that the Caleb Hanie led Bears offense, the Chiefs offense, the Jets offense, at times the Chargers offense and the Raiders offense with no running game sucked. All of which they played in the 7-1 run. Along with Miami who they played well against. As well as Detroit who crushed them, Minny who put up 32 points on them. They were destroyed by Brady and the Pats.

Ayers, Dumerville and Miller are very good. I like Mays although he doesn't get much help from his DT's. But the secondary without Dawkins is simply not very good. Bailey can only cover up so much.

Its funny to me...our passing D is the worst ever according to many....even though the Packers finished behind us, but the Broncos have a solid defense and allow 61.5 less yards through the air per game. The Broncos allow 9.2 more yards rushing per game then the pats albeit on 5 more carries per game and give up more points. Yet we are the worst defense ever and they are winning because of their defense.

Last edited:
I'm curious was the last time the pats played denver in the post season the game where Brady threw five picks, and one of them resulting in the TE Watson running the length of the field to prevent a TD? If so its time for Revenge.

Last edited:

Aldon Smith says hi.

My eyes tell me that they have no interior rush, none. My eyes also tell me that their interior run defense is not very good. My eyes also tell me that the Caleb Hanie led Bears offense, the Chiefs offense, the Jets offense, at times the Chargers offense and the Raiders offense with no running game sucked. All of which they played in the 7-1 run. Along with Miami who they played well against. As well as Detroit who crushed them, Minny who put up 32 points on them. They were destroyed by Brady and the Pats.

Wasn't this the exact same thing we pats fans said about last years jets before they play the pats?

LOL screw the past or you will underestimate a team just like the jets after 45-3

The patriots have started slow in the last 2 playoff games.

Last edited:
How to beat Tebow? Simple. Put up 30 points. Force him to play catchup. The Denver offense is actually fairly inefficient. The reason they beat the Steelers is because their defense dominated early and allowed Tebow to build a 20-6 halftime lead. Then they barely held on till overtime which is when the Steelers defense fell apart as D. Thomas completely dominated his defender on the one big play of the night. Nasty stiff arm + jets in his feet = toasty!

Denver has great edge rushers in Von Miller and Dumervill. But they will be mostly neutralized by the Pats tackles. The key is for the offensive line to remain stout up the middle to allow Brady to step up into his throws. Denver and the rest of the NFL still has no clue on how to stop the dual engines of destruction known as Gronk and Hernandez. Welker will be his usual chain-moving self. I like our chances, especially at home. Bring on Tebow! We're gonna put up 30 on you, what have you got?!

I'm curious was the last time the pats played denver the game where Brady threw five picks, and one of them resulting in the TE Watson running the length of the field to prevent a TD? If so its time for Revenge.

The last time the Pats played the Broncos:

Result - Pats 41 Broncos 23
Tom Brady
23/34 320 yards 2 tds 0 int
http://www.patriots.com/games-and-stats/game/2011/regular15/

If you're talking about playoffs, that's ancient history. Today's Broncos team is a completely different animal from the team of several seasons ago. The same is true of the current Pats team. Like I said, put up 30 on the Broncs and force them to play catch up. I don't believe they have the firepower to hang in a shootout.

If god wants Tebow to win Brady will be hit by a truck, because its just not happening.

Ill be frank, this is the worst team in the playoffs, you can't beat them, no way you deserved to be here. You were blessed to play this team. Try our schedule.

Says the team that beat up on the Lions. :) Come on now, we both now the Lions are pretenders and not mature enough yet to get anywhere in the Postseason. And if the Saints want to get to the Bowl again, well you have to go through the Packers. but the Pack proved they are vulnerable, they lost to the freaking Chiefs!!

I would never underestimate Tebow or the Broncos or any team left in the playoffs. They did 'decleat' Pittsburgh. The Pats just need to take care of business and play their own brand of football - high power offense from the get go! And force the Broncs to catch up. If they allow the Broncs to keep it close then they become a highly dangerous team with Tebow able to make plays on the ground or through the air.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick