PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favre to ruin another season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if this is not going to make you sick , then come Aug will have to deal with the dog killer if he should come back.. I cant believe that the leauge , the nfl, tv , feels that Mike Vick needs to be back in the leauge for it to survive.. Farve wont kill the season, it will be the Vick lovers to put a damper of the best QB of the decade's return..

I also will be very disapointed in Rodger Godell if he tells Vick sit out one more year and prove you could be a good citizen on your own before he could come back.. If he does that then I would understand it, but not now... What Vick did to those dogs, is unforgivable.. The stuff Atl let him get away with is a sin..

Last year the most extreme event that could have happened...happened when Brady went down. I still had a great season watching the Cassel lead Pats as did most of us. Implicating that the "March of Brett Favre" will ruin the season is so far over the top that I almost feel you're kidding.

I also will be very disapointed in Rodger Godell if he tells Vick sit out one more year and prove you could be a good citizen on your own before he could come back.. If he does that then I would understand it, but not now... What Vick did to those dogs, is unforgivable.. The stuff Atl let him get away with is a sin..

You have to understand that while what Vick did was illegal it is the culture in the South. It is very common actually, It is just shocking that such a high profile athlete was involved in the case. I myself am a Vick supporter but I know what he did was wrong and I truly believe he knows what he did was wrong but like I said it is the culture in the south.

What was the Jets record the year before Favre got there?
What was the Packers record the year after Favre left?

Got to agree with the Favre fanatics on this one.

The Jets didn't make the playoffs, their coach was fired, the GM is on his last chance, they released the great Favre and drafted a QB in round 1, and the QB they cut for Favre finished 2nd in the league MVP voting last year. Clearly a fantastic result for the Jets in 2008.

I anticpate a very similar fanatstic result for Brad Childress and the Vikings in 2009.

Last edited:
You have to understand that while what Vick did was illegal it is the culture in the South. It is very common actually, It is just shocking that such a high profile athlete was involved in the case. I myself am a Vick supporter but I know what he did was wrong and I truly believe he knows what he did was wrong but like I said it is the culture in the south.

I understand everything, but I think the media is and will continue to make a big deal for a guy, that not only was a dog killer, but a drug user, a lier to his employer, and other violations that Im sorry he has not paid the price by the nfl yet, society maybee, but not the nfl.. And Not to mention he is a avg football player at best..

Call me the day the QB can't have an impact on the defense. Green Bay went in the tank and the Jets improved considerably.

I don't doubt that they can. They can do a few things. Hold the ball longer to eat up clock, and put the defense in better field position. They can also create more offense, thus putting defenses in better positions to succeed.

Based on what I see out of Aaron Rodgers and his numbers, I don't see how his play put the defense in any different positions than Favre did. Both had good completion percentages, both had very similar yards, the same number of touchdowns and Rodgers actually threw two fewer INTs. The defense was just flat out worse last year than it was the year before.

I don't doubt that they can. They can do a few things. Hold the ball longer to eat up clock, and put the defense in better field position. They can also create more offense, thus putting defenses in better positions to succeed.

Based on what I see out of Aaron Rodgers and his numbers, I don't see how his play put the defense in any different positions than Favre did. Both had good completion percentages, both had very similar yards, the same number of touchdowns and Rodgers actually threw two fewer INTs. The defense was just flat out worse last year than it was the year before.

I think Rodgers played well. I think the defense was not as good. I also think, however, that Favre not being there had a big impact.

Until a full regular season is played without Favre being in the league, you've pretty much got to assume that he's not retired, regardless of whatever else you may hear.

The culture in Nazi Germany was to hate Jews. So we should take that into consideration when considering that the slaughtered Jews, right?

:rolleyes:

I don't care what the 'culture' is, dogfighting is reprehensible and everyone knows it.

I hope Vick is killed the same way he did to those poor dogs!! He doesnt deserve to play in the NFL after what he did!!

Jordan was a washed-up has-been self-centered media whore when he returned to the game?

I like the idea of Favre returning. I dislike him and will enjoy watching his downward spiral. I kinda wish he had decided to stay in the game before the Jets drafted Sanchez, but it will still be fun watching Favre follow Namath's post-Jet path to irrelevance.

Be funny if Childress got fired after this season, too, a la Ratboy.

Jordan being washed up when he came back is all in the eye of the beholder, I suppose, 20 ppg ave is hardly anything close to bad, but he was certainly not himself anymore--that's for sure. #23 Jordan and #45 Jordan aren't even close.

During prime :37 ppg/54% fg, 35 ppg/53% fg, 33 ppg/54% fg, 34 ppg/54 % fg, 32 ppg/52% fg

After return : 23 ppg/41% fg, 20 ppg/44 % fg

There's one similarity. Another would be that both Jordan/Favre both retired once and came back. They both also had another '2nd thought' at coming back again, Favre hasn't officially decided anything at all--so yes, in a couple/few ways it's exactly the same.

And for the media whore stuff, Jordan changing his number to 'start anew' and also to sell more jerseys and shoes/nike gear has some similarities too. For a long time ('98-'01) and also the end of '02, Sportscenter was dominated with talk of Jordan returning again, so there's another media craving similarity there too.

FWIW--I could care less if Favre returns or not, and I already said I can relate to people being annoyed, but I don't really see how it's necessarily bad for the game of football. Everyone will have their own opinion. I would certainly enjoy seeing Childress fired too, if it led to that.

didn't they tell rosenfeeley he was going to start when they lured him in w/that deal?

I find the whole thing annoying, but funny. Let him come back, then Brady can fly under the radar more while he gets his legs under him.

Who knows, maybe Brad Childress will get to proclaim that he "stole" Favre from BB as they were about to sign him as their veteran back-up. Maybe he'll even say he lured him with Percy "Heaving", the guy he stole from BB in the draft! ;)

didn't they tell rosenfeeley he was going to start when they lured him in w/that deal?

Rosencopter will just have to deal with it.

I find the whole thing annoying, but funny.

That is just how I feel! I think this is humorous and I hope he retires and unretires each season for the next 10 years.

Last edited:
The culture in Nazi Germany was to hate Jews. So we should take that into consideration when considering that the slaughtered Jews, right?

:rolleyes:

I don't care what the 'culture' is, dogfighting is reprehensible and everyone knows it.

I agree, and you could make 100 other analogies as well. That sh!t is sick and calling it "culture" is insulting to the 90 or 95 or 99% of people in the south that don't participate in it and a weak attempt to rationalize abhorrent behavior. That man is ill.

No offense TriplecHamp.

That is just how I feel! I think this is humorous and I hope he retires and unretires each season for the next 10 years.

Let him play all that time, as long as it's happening to other teams and keeps the focus away from the Patriots then so be it...but it gets old very fast.

Last edited:
I personally look forward to seeing Lord Favre suit up, toss some TDs, get showered with accolades from the mediots and then when it really counts toss a blizzard of picks costing Minny or whomever whatever chance they had at glory. This annual debacle is more predictable than sunrise.

Rosencopter will just have to deal with it.

After the Colts disaster last year, poor guy probably won't even be allowed in at mop up time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back