PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

First 2024 Mock

Great job. But where’s Dylan Laube, the UNH kid?
I didn't see him. He must have gotten picked. I did see him in other mocks I have fooled around with.

Both PFF and profootballnetwork have him ranked pretty low. Well below JJ McCarthy

And we’re supposed to take this dude at #3 overall?!?

I will **** my pants if that happens.

My trade back and gather picks mock. I think the WR problem is solved. Also potential starters at LB, S, and TE. Good prospects for tackle and if Penix doesn’t pan out we have 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and 2 thirds next year to address QB and o-line

1710454739469.png

If we pick interior OL at 35 I’ll be sick
So I think this is an interesting thing to discuss. As of right now IMHO in regard to the Pats offense, the IOL is the best of the groups they have (boy that is really not saying much, ugh!). So drafting an IOL at #34 (assuming QB at #3) would do nothing to address the crisis at LT, low talent level at WR and TE, and question about 3rd down back. However, if you think Powers-Johnson has a good chance to be a dominant player, don’t you have to at least consider taking him there, and leveraging what may be your strength at IOL to trade for an improvement at a different position?

I actually think this will be a moot point because I think Powers-Johnson will go in Round 1. I like him a lot, as well as Mims, Fautanu, and Guyton. I think they are all great possibilities to go in the first round.

Also an interesting thing to discuss is when you get more specific about how the first round could play out for the OT position. I expect Alt to go in the top 10, Fashanu and Fuaga in the top 15, Mims, Fautanu (who may be an OG). Guyton, and maybe Latham, Morgan, and Barton (who I think also maybe an OG in the NFL) in the first round. If it plays out like that and if Powers-Johnson also goes in the first round and the Pats don’t move up for an OT, who would be their best choice at #34? I think I’d want them to use that pick for the most talented available player (hopefully a WR) rather than settle for a less talented OT.

I’m predicting right now that the Pats will trade #34. If they do then I hope it’s for Mims or Guyton, who have the length and quickness for OT in the NFL, and not for Latham who has the size but off what I’ve seen doesn’t move nearly as well as the other two. The mystery guy for me is Morgan, his length isn’t ideal but his quickness is great. I think he’d match well with either Sow or Strange on the left side.

Last edited:
We can’t afford Powers-Johnson; too many other needs that could use filling with the 35th overall pick.
I really like that player though. But yeah, its a solid Center class this year and they can still get another year out of Andrews.

JPJ
Barton
Pran
Frazier
Nugent

Very deep and I’d take any one of them as long as it’s in the 4th round or above. Realistically Nugent might be available around that pick. Then again, Center always seems to be a position that falls in the draft despite the rankings. Also like Limmer, McMahon and Tortolini in the 5th through 7th conversation.

Yes I know they still have Jake Andrews and signed the all powerful Leverett.

I’m a fan too, I was worried about waiting until the 4th for a tackle but I thought receiver was better value in the second and third

I think he’s one of the few outside Alt and Fashanu that has a real chance to eventually take snaps at LT. His size is perfect at 6’5 318 and a god gifted wing span of 34 7/8.

He’s my 3rd round pick in this draft. He’s not a home run sure thing but his versatility at both LT and RT combined with his size can at least put him in that capable category that just might turn into something special. At the very least, I’m expecting a solid RT that will put Onwenu back at his best position. That will enable them to move Sow to LG where he will excell in my opinon. That gives the team Strange as a viable backup and quality depth. You see where I’m going here?

Both PFF and profootballnetwork have him ranked pretty low. Well below JJ McCarthy
That’s a ridiculous take by PFF…no one else has Daniels slipping that far. Still likely to go top 5 at the least in every other decent mock…

That’s a ridiculous take by PFF…no one else has Daniels slipping that far. Still likely to go top 5 at the least in every other decent mock…
To be fair, they don't rank him that low. He's just low enough that he slips past the next 15 teams who don't have a need for a QB.

That’ll do, pig. That’ll do.

At the very least, I’m expecting a solid RT that will put Onwenu back at his best position. That will enable them to move Sow to LG where he will excell in my opinon. That gives the team Strange as a viable backup and quality depth. You see where I’m going here?
I do.

So after listening to Mayo I'm taking the bait and trading down. I think the only QB to target once I do that is Penix. And before doing so I positioned myself to get him 2 excellent WRs. I also got his OT to bookend with my 1st pick. The rest is just a pile of cherries on top, but I really like Vaki to replace Dugger. As QB insurance I selected Slovis with my last pick.
Screenshot_20240326_184017_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240326_184027_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240326_184017_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240326_184017_Chrome.jpg
    787.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240326_184027_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240326_184027_Chrome.jpg
    775.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240326_184027_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240326_184027_Chrome.jpg
    775.5 KB · Views: 0

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back