PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fun Historical Patriots Fact

Correct. But the story gets better. Harpo had been cut the day before but decided to attend the game as a fan with a buddy.
He admitted he was drunk as a skunk by halftime. He left his seat to get more beer and while waiting in line heard the stadium PA announcer say" Bob Gladieux please report to the Patriots locker room immediately ". So he did. He never went back to tell his buddy so next time his friend saw was when Harpo was announced as entering the game.
Apparently injuries in the first half left the Pats with no more running backs.
I have no idea how he performed being drunk at all.

If he performed as well as Doc Ellis did while on acid, then I'll take it!

I don't remember the particular game or year even, though I do remember it was a nice fall afternoon so maybe October, but I'll never forget Gil Santos describing a KO or Punt return by the other team: "And there's Harpo hanging on for dear life!" I miss Gil & Gino...
If there is ever a story that deserves a movie it's the Doc Ellis game.

I don't remember the particular game or year even, though I do remember it was a nice fall afternoon so maybe October, but I'll never forget Gil Santos describing a KO or Punt return by the other team: "And there's Harpo hanging on for dear life!" I miss Gil & Gino...
You and me both, Mon Ami

What Doc did was mind-boggling. Literally
Yeah I missed Gil&Gino when I moved from Boston to the South in 1991. So I never heard them through any if the dynasty years. But those guys were the best.

What Doc did was mind-boggling. Literally
Yeah I missed Gil&Gino when I moved from Boston to the South in 1991. So I never heard them through any if the dynasty years. But those guys were the best.

Same here; I moved away for good before the '92 season started, but in their prime (until the 2010s?) I'd never heard a better duo call an NFL game on the radio than Gil & Geno.

Same here; I moved away for good before the '92 season started, but in their prime (until the 2010s?) I'd never heard a better duo call an NFL game on the radio than Gil & Geno.
We both moved at a good time. That '91 season was brrrruuutal

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back