PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good Names

I'm relaxed about names but I'm wondering what it must have been like to grow up called "Jaquelin". I guess that once you've become a 300 lb LSU defensive lineman, you don't get much teasing.

y58QX5.gif

Bumper Pool from Lovejoy High School.

Coming soon in NFLN/Disney's "Hard Knocks: The Musical"

And I thought at the time Teddy Bruschi had a great name when Parcells drafted him.

This kid tops even that.

Names matter, people.
I think I may have posted this already but I'm not sure. I type a lot of things and decide not to send them.

I was watching the drive, chip and putt contest for kids last year and one of the 11 year old girls was named Asterisk. If that were me I'd change my name as soon as I became old enough and I'd pull the plug on the person responsible if given the chance. I can believe that two parents would agree to something so stupid.

Bumper Pool isn't any better but he's big enough now that he probably doesn't get any sh!t about it.

How about Chris Berman's comment on Alge Crumpler? I think he said something to the effect of, "Here is a pick that grows on you..."

I miss his commentary....

BTW, the young bucks in the media don't seem to understand Berman's classic phrase, "He could...go...all...the...way!" This was Berman imitating Howard Cosell, that MNF persona we all loved to hate. There, I have corrected the record before this important trivia is lost to history.....BTW, the famous "Cosell Sucks" NFL game has almost been cleansed from history by the prudish NFL (Pete Rosell I assume)--a classic highlight MNF about to be forgotten.

BTW, I met a gal at school who knew a gal who tried to date Berman in college (Brown). She said that the date was a disaster because all Berman talked about was sports. As Seinfeld might have said, "So what's wrong with that?"
I always enjoyed his schtick. He was pretty clever.

I had the chance to see Berman up close at a golf pro am at TPC Boston. I "worked" the driving range and of all the players that I saw in my 10 years, Berman was the absolute sloppiest dresser with the worst swing. The greenskeepers at the elite courses that he plays must cry when they see him coming.

I always enjoyed his schtick. He was pretty clever.

I had the chance to see Berman up close at a golf pro am at TPC Boston. I "worked" the driving range and of all the players that I saw in my 10 years, Berman was the absolute sloppiest dresser with the worst swing. The greenskeepers at the elite courses that he plays must cry when they see him coming.
Ah, a sports nerd. As Jerry Seinfeld might say, "And what's wrong with that?"

Tucker Kraft. Nuff said.

I've re-read every post in this thread; and it's now official:

NOBODY won the Sidy Sow pool!

Kumon Iwanalaya...tight end..Hawaii

The draft had plenty of terrible names, with the Pats drafting a few of them. They have been historically pretty good at avoiding horrible names until this year. Players with terrible names rarely do well in any sport.

Next year we could have Penix, ***out, and this guy. A triumvirate of names that will be long remembered.

Next year we could have Penix, ***out, and this guy. A triumvirate of names that will be long remembered.

That's a name I could emabrace. The other two.....puke.

Cade Stover, Braelon Allen, Xavier Leggette, Maason Smith, Chris Braswell, Bryce Foster. Good football names, and might actually have the talent to be solid to elite level pro's.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back