PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk nearly traded to DET in April

Status
Not open for further replies.
He made it pretty clear he wanted to play with Brady and nobody else. FWIW, I believe Chris on the last two complaints that Gronk reportedly had.

This feels like the pats starting the rebuild with the next wave of skill position guys after the season.

The experts manning the Pro Scouting Office were certain Patterson would fill the void left from no Cooks, no Amendola, and no Edelperson (4 weeks).

The doctors were certain this would be the year Mitchell would be healthy

and of course

Bill was counting on Josh Gordon "not being himself" during the summer….and then BB would pounce.
His master plan just took a bit longer than originally expected

Then there's

The Patriots Scraps policy….castoffs from garbage teams.
26 and counting

Sadly….these are truths

Yikes:eek: Half the Roster and we wonder why Teams march up and down the Field on this what Defense??:rolleyes:

And then somebody is surprised why with Gronk acting like a clown in the offseason the team looked into moving him.

Gronk's embarrassing Gillette clownfest happened before the draft and IMO was the impetus for BB looking to move on from him. I'd be more sympathetic to Gronk's salary demands if he actually played a full season once in awhile. Methinks a little diva dust has been sprinkled into his Supreme Greens and Concussion Water. ;)

Not sure why this thread is 8 pages. We have bigger things to worry about than something that almost happened in April. :rolleyes:

Yikes:eek: Half the Roster and we wonder why Teams march up and down the Field on this what Defense??:rolleyes:
26 WRs brought in so far….and counting

And then somebody is surprised why with Gronk acting like a clown in the offseason the team looked into moving him.

Somebody? I think 70% of the board is suprised. They are the same ones that have Gronk Fatheads on the bedroom walls and basements and refuse to believe this is a business.

BB was calling Gronk's bluff. Both for the contract and "I'm not treated right" issues.

Once an adult like Drew Rosenhaus got involved, things settled down.

No other coach goes 11-5 w Cassel either... what is their record last year w JG ?

Todd Haley went to the playoffs with Matt Cassel as his QB in 2009.

Why do you care? You were rooting for the Lions to kill the Pats Sunday night.

They deserved that ass whooping, only player that showed any emotion or care was Wise. They got what they deserved.

Not sure why this thread is 8 pages. We have bigger things to worry about than something that almost happened in April. :rolleyes:
Yet here you are on page 8 as well…..worrying about the worriers.

Todd Haley went to the playoffs with Matt Cassel as his QB in 2009.
No he didn't.

Haley/Cassell went 4-12 in 2009.

Haley was relieved of playcalling duties by Scott Pioli when he hired Charlie Weis in 2010. KS went to the playoffs that year and Cassell was a ProBowler.

They deserved that ass whooping, only player that showed any emotion or care was Wise. They got what they deserved.

By your logic a player doesn't deserve to lose as long as they show emotion?

I bet you loved the Pete Carrol and **** MacPherson days...

This fact plus the other losses on both sides of the ball point to a rebuild. What else could it be? All the focal points are gone mostly. The ones still here threatened retirement

Not taking sides and not a big fan of the manner the Patriots approach their D (simply from an viewer enjoyment point of view), but credit where credit is due: Nick Foles led the Eagles over a very strong Atlanta team, then blew out Minnesota, the supposedly best D in the league, the week after.
Minnesota had 3 key players on defense injured from what I recall.

The Bills' demolition of the Vikings becomes clearer now with the news on Everson Griffin. Sports rely on emotion and holding the edge and focus.

I think that this is the primary problem right now with the Patriots. At some point, Brady, BB, Gronk, will all realize that they want to strengthen, not weaken, their legacies, and you'll see the team start playing with fire.

That's 90% of the problem.

Crappy situation for Gronk having to play for a coach that was dead set on trading him.
While i dont agree trading him was a good idea , the same player was selling monster energy drink down the hallway from where his teammates were practicing. You can have all the fun you want until the godfather makes the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3