PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many people here are nervous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm nervous like I'm nervous about any Patriots playoff game but not particularly specifically afraid of Pittsburgh. It'll be on the Pats not to lose.

I am nervous before most every game. This game really worries me as the Pats offense still looks like it struggles without Gronk. They are no longer stretching the field and if JE is covered, I don't think there is an outlet for Brady. I have been watching the first game over and over and two people stood out - Blount and Gronk. As now Gronk is gone, the key to me will be how well they run the ball. The Pats need another big game from Blount and from Lewis or they need Bennett to actually show up and do something.

I forgot how much playoff football stresses me out. When Houston made is a 14-13 game it was a great reminder to enjoy it while I can cause every game could be the last one of the season. That being said I'm not more nervous than any other playoff game. This game has kind of a 2015 vs the Chiefs feel to it.

I am in the job seeking process so no work today but I cannot sleep. I know both Mannings are gone but I still feel worried about Sunday, For me I just want them to cap this off and then they can retire Bill and Tom and we can suck again, I would be fine with that in all honesty. I just want that 5th ring.

But PIT, ATL, and GB are all amazing teams, great at scoring, good enough on defense, man this is stressful.

Just think back to the 2014 playoff run. That's what Brady and crew are capable of. Will they get to Houston? No one knows but they have a good enough team to get there. We'll see what happens.

I will be shocked if GB wins in Atlanta. I'll bet we're going to see why "the Great" Aaron Rodgers is the next Peyton Manning and not the next Tom Brady.

Pats are gonna roll by a couple of TDs.

Have a beer. Enjoy the ride.

This is their time. Squealers are the next sacrefice at the alter.

Not nervous. Fully expect to be ranting at the TV come Sunday Night. My biggest problem is catching crap from all the Pats haters down here if they lose. "Shrug"

Always nervous...after such emotional investment all season, it would be ridiculous to be ambivalent as to the result/

In the cold light of day, the Steelers can't beat us with three top quality players, but I am sure the Steelers felt in 01/02 that there is no way the Patriots could come to Pittsburgh and win. Things happen, so I will be nervous

Not nervous more than any other playoff game but I certainly don't care to lose to THIS team in particular. It would be a lot harder to stomach than even a year ago in Denver.

Like, in general? Because I have issues with general anxiety.

Concerning this game? No. The Pats under BB and TB have handled the Steelers in their time here. I expect that to continue.

Big time nervous. Lose and your done games always crank up the nerves. I have irrational concern about Brady based on last week. He completed some prayers that this team normally doesn't complete. Sure, Pittsburgh is a good team with alot of bravado, but they don't have the type of defense, at least I don't think, that typically would give the Pats troubles (Baltimore and Denver). Pats SHOULD win this game. No ****ing turnovers.
Thankfully my daughter has a swim meet late afternoon so that will eat up some time and hopefully get my mind of visions of Roethliesberger chucking up and completing 40 yard heaves on third downs...really wish this game was the early game...
I think we're gonna see the rush 3 drop 8 defense, especially on third downs, that drives many of us nuts....

I'm not worried. The Patriots should be ready to go, to fix their blunders and prove that they are the best all around team remaining, which they are.

I was far more doubtful about the 2011-2013, 2015 AFCCGs. We usually take care of business against the Steelers and Big Ben.

If the Pats do lose, they'll likely have done something to not deserve advancing. At which point I'll be pissed for a few hours then move on.

I am in the job seeking process so no work today but I cannot sleep. I know both Mannings are gone but I still feel worried about Sunday, For me I just want them to cap this off and then they can retire Bill and Tom and we can suck again, I would be fine with that in all honesty. I just want that 5th ring.

But PIT, ATL, and GB are all amazing teams, great at scoring, good enough on defense, man this is stressful.

It's a playoff game. If they lose, their season is over. I don't care who the opponent is, I'm always nervous before playoff games.

If you cannot sleep, you're taking this a little too seriously though. Relax. It's just a game after all. :)

I am nervous because the stakes are so big - I want that moment where Das Diktator has to hand over the Lombardi and anoint this dynasty the greatest ever. But I feel calm about facing the Steelers. I will however be a cat on a hot tin roof for the SB.

I am nervous but I get nervous when Pats play sub par teams too. Hope we don't turn the ball over, win and stay healthy

Being nervous or excited or interested or intrigued or scared, etc., is part of the fun of the sport. It wouldn't even be interesting if we weren't emotionally invested in the outcome.

(Is this too obvious to type? As JMCOO wrote, worse case is they lose and life goes on. Maybe after a little venting on this forum.)

Nerves are good: it shows that it's a big game and that you're invested.

I'm quietly confident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back