PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many people here are nervous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of right now, less nervous than I was about Houston. And I only got nervous about Houston because I had flash backs of 2010. This game though, man...the Steelers have had distractions all week long between assholegate and them all being ill. I feel like the Pats will win this one going away.

However I fully anticipate the butterflies will be out on full force a few hours before kick off.

I had a whole week to choose between 2 lucky underwear but procrastinated. Now I don't remember which underwear guarantees us 20 points or 30 points. If I choose the wrong one, Pitt might win 21-20.

As of right now, less nervous than I was about Houston. And I only got nervous about Houston because I had flash backs of 2010. This game though, man...the Steelers have had distractions all week long between assholegate and them all being ill. I feel like the Pats will win this one going away.

However I fully anticipate the butterflies will be out on full force a few hours before kick off.
Oddly enough I also had a nasty feeling about the Houston game. Not necessarily that we would lose but that it could be a difficult, painful game to watch. The overconfidence and boasting was too much. Fortunately people seem to have tempered predictions of blowouts at this point. In fact the negativity being directed toward the Pats is almost definitely a good thing headed into this game.

Wait a minute.... your losing sleep over an NFL game???

Not saared of the Squealers.
Brady is our QB and BB is our coach.
Will the Pats underachieve?
Not THIS Team!

I am nervous because the stakes are so big - I want that moment where Das Diktator has to hand over the Lombardi and anoint this dynasty the greatest ever. But I feel calm about facing the Steelers. I will however be a cat on a hot tin roof for the SB.

My biggest concern is that somehow Goodell will escape before Brady has even got the Lombardi halfway inserted into him.

Last year going into Denver nervous? Not at all. A little perhaps, but I think NE is the best overall team, they will either prove that or underperform, we shall see.

As long as we don't turn the ball over, or fail to execute, this is a slam dunk as far as I'm concerned.

I am usually nervous before most Pats playoff games and SB, not so that I lose sleep the night before or can't eat breakfast or lunch the day of the game but just as it starts and throughout the game unless we are way ahead not by errors.

This game I expect us to be behind most of it so hoping for a big 4th quarter and the win. Hopefully by the Pats offense and not the defense then we gave a better chance in the SB.

With football no excuses, not the flu, wind or weather get it done.

Protect Brady; Brady throw it long with accuracy.

I will start freaking out as soon as the NFCCG is over, especially if one of those teams loses in heart breaking fashion. Watching the GB-DAL game made me so happy I wasn't a Cowboys fan. Losing like that would ****ing blowwww

In any 'one and done' playoff format it would be weird NOT to be nervous.

(Yes, I'll admit that I wasn't nervous last weekend but acknowledge that was weird. I guess I felt like we could play a terrible game against the Texans and still win.)

Nope. I feel as confident in a NE victory as I did in the 2014 AFCCG vs Indy.

Never have once been nervous for a Pats game

Worst case they lose and your life goes on.

When reading this comment I hear my wife yelling "It's just a game!"

Sure, it literally is just a game. Life goes on. No one will argue that. But to members of this board it is figuratively more than just a game.

We take our football probably more seriously than we should. While some may see that as a weakness I see as a blessing. I tell my wife that I wish she had a hobby that she was just as passionate about.

In any case, yes, Monday will come win or lose, but the quality of your Monday (well, at least mine) will largely depend on the outcome on Sunday.

So yes, I am nervous.

I am certainly more nervous than the texans game *that should go without saying*. I had zero fear or worries about losing that game at all. Even during the game when it was close. This game, I know the steelers can beat us if we don't bring our A game. Where as with the texans we brought our D- Game and won by 18.

I am always worried when the Patriots play anybody. The NFL controls games with the officials they assign and the pack of info they are given as to what to look out for. They do make bogus calls and they do let rules infractions go.
The refs are really pretty good at seeing whats going on or they wouldn't have worked their way thru high school, college etc.
If the Patriots are on their game and playing mistake free they will be anybody.
But when you give the refs a chance to screw you they will.

If you aren't worried why watch? Every AFCG, every divisional game, every playoff game should make you worried. Every team has a chance to win, that's what makes it fun to watch.

Never have once been nervous for a Pats game

Worst case they lose and your life goes on.
Yeah, that's what my sane self says.
And, yes, my life did go on after the Tyree catch, but I've still never gotten over it.
You are clearly more emotionally mature than I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back