PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I still think that the 2011 draft sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I decided to list all the patriots pick next to all the Steelers, just to show how they compare against each other. I think that sometimes as Patriots fans we only focus on our teams mistakes and other teams successes, ie Tate - Wallace.

Steelers:

Round Name College
1 Cameron Heyward Ohio State
2 Marcus Gilbert Florida

Rnd Name College
2 Jason Worilds Virginia Tech Fail
Rnd Name College
3 Keenan Lewis Oregon State Pass?? 3rd cb

Rnd Name College
1 Rashard Mendenhall Illinois Pass
5 Dennis Dixon Oregon Pass?? Backup QB
1-3 Players

I'm a Patriots' fan in the heart of Steelers country. I would make a couple of tweaks to your assessment.

Heyward is a definate Pass, he looks like a good DE for the Steelers. Gilbert is either incomplete or a Pass as he looked like a legit tackle when healthy.

Worilds -- I would classify as Incomplete, as he had some playing time, and looked like he belonged on the field on most plays this season. He is just buried behind Harrison and Woodley.

Keenan Lewis is the epitome of JAG --- better than Edelman as a pure CB but the Steelers have been throwing picks at the 3rd CB spot for years and he barely sticks.

Mendenhall I think will be the Steelers version of Meriwheather --- a Meh 1st rounder who they don't see to retain after the contract is up. There is a 10% chance he gets cut this camp.

Dixon only survives because all of the QBs that were supposed to beat him out go on IR (I smell a conspiracy here :) )

Last edited:
Is this really a surprise if you consider who started this thread and The Usual Suspects who joined him?

No surprise at all, unfortunately.

I said tweak not irritate people. And I aways do it in a respectful manner and my targets are just people who take this football thing too seriously. .

There's no difference, you do it to try and aggravate people and that's called being a douchebag.

Just read the title of the thread and saw the OP. Won't read the other post unless they hit the complaint box.

Wow, Fred thinks something sucked:eek:. Next thread: Water is wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes