PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe Flacco?

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Could Jumpball Joe actually become a Patriot in 2024?

Browns heavy offensive staff, in which he thrived under. A lot of rumors seem to be around us taking former Browns on offense this offseason.

Could make a ton of sense to pair him with a rookie, and then Zappe could be the QB3.

z50xp-1619719725-16226-list_items-no.jpg

Joe showed he could fill in for a few games and do reasonably well.

More is less. But in the right role, he's still probably better than Brian Hoyer, while he was here.

And they will need a veteran in the room. I don't know how Flacco is with that, but the Cleveland player seemed to like him.

What about Wilson? He doesn't turn it over a lot, that could be an asset here, but at the same time he's not a playmaker.

What about Wilson? He doesn't turn it over a lot, that could be an asset here, but at the same time he's not a playmaker.

Russell Wilson?

I have no idea what Wilson will command, and he doesn't look like a great mentor to me.

We're talking backup. If the #3 player in the draft can't start from day one, he's already in bust territory.

No. Wilson doesn't turn it over alot.. 24-8 were his 2023 numbers . Wilson would be perfect. I'd like to have him. Wilson, draft pick, and another FA vet.

Russell Wilson?

I have no idea what Wilson will command, and he doesn't look like a great mentor to me.

We're talking backup. If the #3 player in the draft can't start from day one, he's already in bust territory.
Agreed, if the draft pick isn't starting then why draft him. The whole premise is to let the kid play so he learn and adapt to being in the NFL. Teams draft players to help them never understand why guys sit for so long.. well Unless your behind HOFs.. I guess.

Agreed, if the draft pick isn't starting then why draft him. The whole premise is to let the kid play so he learn and adapt to being in the NFL. Teams draft players to help them never understand why guys sit for so long.. well Unless your behind HOFs.. I guess.

Before free agency, defenses were together for a decade or more, so it took a young QB longer to learn and break in.

Now everyone is equally confused.

He should be cheap so why not, or minshew if its similar to his last deal. Lets be honest none of these available bridge qbs are taking us to a Super Bowl so im not trying to pay someone 8 figures to try to reach 9 wins. Id rather spend money around the qb and record wise we can take our lumps until the rookie is ready.

He should be cheap so why not, or minshew if its similar to his last deal. Lets be honest none of these available bridge qbs are taking us to a Super Bowl so im not trying to pay someone 8 figures to try to reach 9 wins. Id rather spend money around the qb and record wise we can take our lumps until the rookie is ready.
I would rather give Mac another chance with new coaching staff than bring in Joe Flacco

Yes

It's like having another Browns turned Patriots offensive coach in the locker room who would mentor Corky.

The return of the Mac rhetoric is heating up after last Wednesdays Pats press conference and yall better get on board now.

I would rather give Mac another chance with new coaching staff than bring in Joe Flacco

It's not a case of actual field play that's most important. There needs to be an experienced veteran in the QB room, not some crybaby who is sour on the previous administration, even if he was somewhat right.

Joe showed he could fill in for a few games and do reasonably well.

More is less. But in the right role, he's still probably better than Brian Hoyer, while he was here.

And they will need a veteran in the room. I don't know how Flacco is with that, but the Cleveland player seemed to like him.
CLE was loaded with talent. Pats not so much.

We'll get the Jete Flacco.

No thanks.

Could Jumpball Joe actually become a Patriot in 2024?

Browns heavy offensive staff, in which he thrived under. A lot of rumors seem to be around us taking former Browns on offense this offseason.

Could make a ton of sense to pair him with a rookie, and then Zappe could be the QB3.

Fingers crossed both Mac and Zappe are gone this year.

I had this debate with Andy for what felt like months Mac's rookie year. The jump in competition and game speed is immense no matter what position you are talking about. My personal preference for every rookie is to sit behind a veteran and get in about 10-20% of snaps with a specific set in the playbook. Like have a rookie tackle be the swing and the 3rd TE jumbo formation blocker. Gives them very specific things to work on and takes away the pressure of being a day one starter. They also get a free year in the gym to focus with a NFL training staff to grow the way they need them to. The jump for QBs is even more immense because you have to know everybodies responsibilities, including the defense. I can tell you as a high school offensive lineman i played with a bunch of guys that only knew on 110 white sweep erika erika i have to reach block the guy head up or outside of me and we go on two. QBs cant do that, you have to know the entire play and all the ways its going to adjust on the fly and the NFL is more complex with bigger, faster players. You look at the top 20 QBs of all time almost to a man they sat thier rookie year. Brady, mahomes, Montana, Rodgers, i could go on but you get my point. The ones that didnt had a crap rookie year like Pay me a ton or Big Ben. The bigger issue is potentially ruining an elite prospect with a crap team. Derrick Carr has repeatedly said his big brother David is a way better QB, and that he should have been starting for a long time. Problem is the texans put absolute garbage in front of him and he got sacked like 70 times a year for his first 3 seasons. By the time they built an actual team he was punch drunk and gun shy.

I am 100% all in on Drake Maye, i think he is going to be the next top 10 qb for the next decade if he makes it to 3. However, i recognize he has holes in his game and a year of sitting behind a flacco or brisset etc would be enormous for him to reach that potential. I would rather suck for 2024 and build the team around our rookie qb, then throw him to the wolves behind a **** offensive line that makes him jumpy. Its going to be a 2 year rebuild, but if done properly (sitting rookies for a year behind joe flacco like stop gaps IMO) then it will lead to long term contention results.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back