PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe Flacco?

Russell Wilson?

I have no idea what Wilson will command, and he doesn't look like a great mentor to me.

We're talking backup. If the #3 player in the draft can't start from day one, he's already in bust territory.
A lot of people think it's not about whether the #3 pick can start as it is about whether they should.

Unfortunately Pats will be out of luck for having Maye available. He will be taken at 2.
Right now, who knows. I could see them thinking "why get Howell's replacement at UNC?" [Also, a reminder if you're assuming 32 rational actors: some GMs wondered whether Andy Dalton was doomed to fail simply because he was a redhead.]

Last edited:
Unfortunately Pats will be out of luck for having Maye available. He will be taken at 2.
You say this in every thread like its a known fact, instead of responding to everything else i wrote, when its certainly possible washington thinks daniels is a better fit for the offense they want to run.

Well in an ideal scenario you bring in a vet with similarities in style of play compared to the rookie and the offense they wanna run. Right now that's a question mark because Maye and Daniels are different QBs in style of play.

I'm not against Joe Flacco, I even started a thread about that during the season. I think at this point he knows his role as a bridge guy so enjoy the ride and get a few more wins and paychecks in the process.

Brisset I'm hearing his name a lot in this site recently but really, what can he bring to the table? He's mediocre.

Russell Wilson is toast, I know his stats improved this past season but watching the games man he was bad, slow, can't process anything and his height has been a problem playing in the pocket.

Cousins is expensive as hell.

Both our current QBs should be cut/traded but if you need to retain one of them, I confess I'm curious about Mac in clean slate conditions and improvements on the OL. There was just too much bad working conditions BB gave him to ignore. Too much. I know his complaints outside the organization and spoiled child behavior are bad and they really are, plus his bad QB play that's enough reason to fire him outright with no remorse, but again, I'm willing to completely ignore year 2 and 3 because no QB could do well in those conditions.

A lot of people think it's not about whether the #3 pick can start as it is about whether they should.

That's 1983 thinking. BB would be proud.

You only have a short window to get a team together with a QB under the rookie contract.

Why waste a year on principle? If he's ready, the team needs to go, if he's not, it never seems to happen.

Mahomes is the only exception in many years, and they were already a Super Bowl ready team.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back