PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Hoomanawanui will resign w/Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to have him back. I really like him as a #3 tight end. Hopefully he's not our #1 guy again by season's end.

Getting out of work while it's still light out >>> losing an hour.

I won't disagree here but the first 24-48 hours suck.

PissedOffFan-01.gif

I don't like this move, my ideal scenario would be to draft a TE and bring Chandler or some similar TE. Then you have Gronk, Rookie, TE good level, and for #4 DJ Willians or whatever.

Eventually when Gronk get IR'd the 2 TE set would be composed by the rookie and good level TE. I don't see Hooman there. I like him, but he may command between 1 and 2 million and that will hold the budget for bringing another TE.

This move also makes me think that BB will not draft a TE before 3rd round and I want one of the blue chips.

I hope I'm wrong.

Congrats to the Hooman. I hope the deal is enough to set him up moving forward.

Not a bad #3 TE. Still need a #2 TE though...
…and a #1, until Gronk returns, whenever that is.

I agree that Bill needs to both sign another, higher-caliber, UFA TE and also draft one
who will be expected to make the Opening Day 53.

Nice. A long snapper and then a JAG TE (at best) to a two year deal. What a phenomenal start to free agency. If Hooman got a Kyle Arrington-esque contract, I'll puke.

:bricks:

So far our better move was the cut of Gregory.

Good to hear he will be back, he can't hurt to have.

Nice to have him back. I'd still like to bring in at least one more tight end, preferably a receiving threat in the draft.

I'd like at least two, since Gronk will get hurt at some point next year and HoHo shouldn't be more than a 3rd TE.

Glad to see this,a solid guy,not great ,but can make a contribution.

As many of us discussed last year, I am fine with four TE's on the 53, or 3 plus one of the Practice Squad.

Nice to see you can still afford a really nice home on the income you earn by getting torched at times when the defense really needs a stop. What a terrible contract. I can live with Hooman if the contract reflects the kind of player he is. But if Belichick went full ****** again and gave him an Arrington-esque contract I'll probably fire my computer out the window, punch a hole in the wall, and go into the fetal position while sobbing.

Don't pay any mind to my insanity today, guys. I hate springing forward.

I doubt Hooman is getting much of anything in terms of guaranteed money, it won't be anywhere near the Arrington contract. Have a cup of coffee Kontra you'll be fine!

Also where where where did you find that marvelous gif of the incredibly frustrated woman you posted in this thread! The one with the hands screaming "f---ing no!" Must have that gif

I lke Hooman as a #3 TE. Hope thats his role this season.

When Hooman signed/tendered about this time last year, he was signed as the #3 TE. Little has changed. We still need a #2 TE.

DJ Williams will compete to be our developmental #4 TE (which position could be on the Practice Squad).

I lke Hooman as a #3 TE. Hope thats his role this season.

I doubt Hooman is getting much of anything in terms of guaranteed money, it won't be anywhere near the Arrington contract. Have a cup of coffee Kontra you'll be fine!

Also where where where did you find that marvelous gif of the incredibly frustrated woman you posted in this thread! The one with the hands screaming "f---ing no!" Must have that gif

Most of my .GIF's I see through the Tumblr app that I have on my iPhone and later Google them for use on here. :)

When Hooman signed/tendered about this time last year, he was signed as the #3 TE. Little has changed. We still need a #2 TE.

DJ Williams will compete to be our developmental #4 TE (which position could be on the Practice Squad).

yep, circumstances thrust him into a role that he isn't really fit for but hopefully he can return back to being a #3. Not a big scott chandler fan so the draft is where I hope we get our #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back