PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 3

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only been their biggest weakness across both drafting and free agency for years.

Nothing to see here.

Unless they're adding a top 10 QB, this team is legit ****ed next season.
The teams going to stink next year regardless. Frankensteining together a team of spare parts from other teams wouldn’t work when you’re trying to build from the ground up

Again they didn’t sign Ridley, every other WR that’s been signed is an interchangeable part.

They haven't done anything.

There isn't a single signing, including their own, the moves the needle imo.

We known Bourne and Henry are mid players on their best day.

Right now, they're you're best offensive players. That's embarrassing.

The teams going to stink next year regardless. Frankensteining together a team of spare parts from other teams wouldn’t work when you’re trying to build from the ground up

So they're not spending money this year in order to spend it next year.

Sounds familiar.

Out of curiosity, how much time have you given them thus far?

Let's not act like this is year 1 of a rebuild.

Signing their own mediocre to ass players, especially on offense, doesn't do a thing for anyone and certainly isn't going to do a thing in the win loss combo.

It's pretty clear now that the Patriots believe they have the talent and that it was all Bill and Macs fault.

Now that they're gone, we should be looking at a 10 win season.
A ten win season immorally after winning 4 and starting over? BB and his lousy drafting and signing of spare parts didn’t do the Patriots any favors in an attempt to rebuild. They never rebuilt, they restructured and on top of it were absolutely abysmal at drafting.

New management, let’s see if Kraft just doesn’t want to spend money, let’s see how good the Patriots are at drafting.

If they win 6 games next year but the draft picks and second year guys ball out that’s a step in the right direction.

There was no scenario outside of an absolute miracle that this team was turning it around to a ten win team next season

It’s funny their best offensive player is still Pop at this point, funny and sad.

I think it was either - sign a “name” WR, then draft a tackle high; OR, sign a “name” tackle, then draft a WR high. Option A didn’t work out. They can pivot to option B and sign Smith at LT, then draft a WR at 34. They’ll still need a long term LT answer but it would be a decent short term plan.

They haven't done anything.

There isn't a single signing, including their own, the moves the needle imo.

We known Bourne and Henry are mid players on their best day.

Right now, they're you're best offensive players. That's embarrassing.
So what should they have done? Broke the bank and brought in Kirk Cousisn, Calvin Ridley and Derrick Henry? Well now you spent up to the cap on guys who aren’t going to be here when your team has a chance at actually competing

A ten win season immorally after winning 4 and starting over? BB and his lousy drafting and signing of spare parts didn’t do the Patriots any favors in an attempt to rebuild. They never rebuilt, they restructured and on top of it were absolutely abysmal at drafting.

New management, let’s see if Kraft just doesn’t want to spend money, let’s see how good the Patriots are at drafting.

If they win 6 games next year but the draft picks and second year guys ball out that’s a step in the right direction.

There was no scenario outside of an absolute miracle that this team was turning it around to a ten win team next season

You maybe misread my quote.

I don't think the Patriots are winning 10 games.

The Krafts must think the difference between this season and 10 wins is Bill/Mac because they are gone, and all these mid pieces Bill attained have been re signed.

I think it was either - sign a “name” WR, then draft a tackle high; OR, sign a “name” tackle, then draft a WR high. Option A didn’t work out. They can pivot to option B and sign Smith at LT, then draft a WR at 34. They’ll still need a long term LT answer but it would be a decent short term plan.
He’ll just sign with some other team that swoops in.

We feel like a G5 college program that loses its recruits to P5 schools.

So what should they have done? Broke the bank and brought in Kirk Cousisn, Calvin Ridley and Derrick Henry? Well now you spent up to the cap on guys who aren’t going to be here when your team has a chance at actually competing

Im reacting to what they did do. It's not what they said they was going to do.

Why is it on me to fix the Patriots problems?

Its ok to admit that thus far, they kicked the can down the road and it's ok to ask why when it wasn't what Mayo said was the plan for the off-season.

The point is that it isn't year one of a rebuild. The team has stunk for 3 years. We were all told there was going to be an aggressive mindset. There hasn't been. Apparently they made Ridley their number 1 - and seemingly only - target, and yet wouldn't actually part with the money to get him. They made three major needs going into free agency - QB, WR and OT - and they haven't come close to addressing either.

They are setting themselves - and crucially their new QB - up to fail next year. I'm starting to fear that they will just start Brissett all year. This isn't a team that inspire confidence or interest.

I'm awaiting the report that they were interested in Williams and had a competitive offer on the table but it didn't work out. We couldn't stretch to beating $30m over two years?

I'm awaiting the report that they were interested in Williams and had a competitive offer on the table but it didn't work out. We couldn't stretch to beating $30m over two years?
That sort of reporting definitely gets exhausting. I’d rather just not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back