PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread OFFICIAL Post Game Thread - Patriots Fall to Chiefs 27-17

Immediate Postgame Reactions
If he knew Mac wasn’t the guy, it is criminal not to have a veteran QB on the roster. Could have been a guy like Wentz or Minshew.

And the plan at RT was not Owenu. It was a rotation of washed up veterans, never wases, and a rookie who never played the position before. In fact, it took way too long for Belichick to admit he didn’t have a RT on the roster and move Owenu from RG.
Wentz?

What makes you think Wentz would be better than Zappe?

Onwenu has played RT before so of course that was considered going into the year, as a failsafe at least.

But regardless, Onwenu's play at RT has not been a reason for the offense's poor play.

I saw the OL give Zappe a lot of time to throw today DESPITE KC showing them absolutely no respect and sending frequent blitzes

People will talk about how "conservative" the Patriots were in the second half, but they threw it 12 times and ran it just eight, (and really seven if you throw out the final run of the game). That turnover changed everything, which prevented them from having time to push it down the field.
how many throws, while behind, were over ten yards in the air? they are super conservative in every facet of offense these last two second halves for some unknown reason. how many of those throws were on third down after two straight runs? how many were sideways?

Please, no high first round QB before the OL is fixed.
Have to disagree, if a potential franchise QB is there you take him, even if the OL is below average. I would rather that then take a tackle that only fixes one position on the OL and still have no offense because my QBs suck. Then I need to go sign a vet QB and my upside is capped. Take the high upside rookie and spend your cap dollars on OL.

You need a trade partner first. How far do you drop ? … fairly messy situation,
good point about trade partners.

posts on here all seem to assume all you have to do is decide you want to trade and it magically happens that a cooperative trade partner agrees to whatever you want.

Definitely need an experienced vet to go with the rookie. Don’t make the same mistake they made with Jones starting him on day 1. Jones should have sat for a while and learned what it takes to be a QB in the NFL…and the next guy needs to do likewise.

You take the QB and control him for 5 years. You can pay for OL. We have a ton of cap space..
I said, fix the OL first. Use that cap space to know where we stand before the draft. Maybe use some of it on a QB.

He had plenty of time to throw today
Not when KC blitzed. And one dimensional, very little success opening space to run. Better OL would’ve given better chance for W.

Brown was out, Strange went down early, then McDermott got concussed. Our OL is a shambles. That may be part of the reasons second half was mediocre.

You take the QB and control him for 5 years. You can pay for OL. We have a ton of cap space..
Yes, you take the best QB that you can in the first.

NO, having lots of cap money won't help you get starting OT's, unless you talking about re-signing Onwenu and Brown.

The draft is the answer for needed additions to the OL,

good point about trade partners.

posts on here all seem to assume all you have to do is decide you want to trade and it magically happens that a cooperative trade partner agrees to whatever you want.
The draft is a big crap shoot. Way more pressure picking near the top.

Not when KC blitzed. And one dimensional, very little success opening space to run. Better OL would’ve given better chance for W.

Brown was out, Strange went down early, then McDermott got concussed. Our OL is a shambles. That may be part of the reasons second half was mediocre.
You haven't been following the posts. The OT should be performing well, even without our starters.

Have to disagree, if a potential franchise QB is there you take him, even if the OL is below average. I would rather that then take a tackle that only fixes one position on the OL and still have no offense because my QBs suck. Then I need to go sign a vet QB and my upside is capped. Take the high upside rookie and spend your cap dollars on OL.
I want to see the cap dolllars spent first. I’d like to see a double dip at QB, sign a vet and draft a rookie.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back