PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread OFFICIAL Post Game Thread - Patriots Fall to Chiefs 27-17

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Wentz?

What makes you think Wentz would be better than Zappe?

Onwenu has played RT before so of course that was considered going into the year, as a failsafe at least.

But regardless, Onwenu's play at RT has not been a reason for the offense's poor play.

I saw the OL give Zappe a lot of time to throw today DESPITE KC showing them absolutely no respect and sending frequent blitzes

No the move far too late of Owenu to RT helped turn the the oline to a complete crapshow to just so-so. Since the move, he has probably been the Pats’ best lineman. My point is his move was a last ditch desperation move. Belichick had no intention of moving him to tackle.

And what has Zappe done that says he would be better than Wentz? Wentz isn’t great, but better than Zappe.

FIFY.

OL this year demonstrates the fallacy in your statement.

OL needs to be rebuilt before we ruin another good QB prospect.

They haven't ruined any prospects. Mac is horrendous and makes decisions that would have him out of the league well enough on his own.

There is no fallacy in my statement. OL is infinitely easier to find that your franchise QB.

Have to disagree, if a potential franchise QB is there you take him, even if the OL is below average. I would rather that then take a tackle that only fixes one position on the OL and still have no offense because my QBs suck. Then I need to go sign a vet QB and my upside is capped. Take the high upside rookie and spend your cap dollars on OL.
I disagree

QUARTERBACK
I do agree that we should draft the best QB that we can.
IN ADDITION. we need to sign a veteran to start in 2024 and be a backup when our potential franchise QB is ready to start.

OL
You can plan to get top OL's in free agency. That just won't happen, especially at LT.
We should draft a LT in the first round, even if we need to use a 3rd to get us in position to do so.
We should draft additional OL depth later in the draft.

If Caleb Williams is gone and it’s between Maye and Joe Alt I’m going with Alt, over Maye and MHJ.
Caleb is going 1 to bears. No doubt.
If Pats beat jets they will be picking third and may akso miss out on Maye.
I do not see Bill losing to Jets at home in what might be his final game

Caleb is going 1 to bears. No doubt.
If Pats beat jets they will be picking third and may akso miss out on Maye.
I do not see Bill losing to Jets at home in what might be his final game
It might still happen given the way this team seems to be falling apart right now.

In any case, right now, 4 wins would drop them to 4th at worst.

They haven't ruined any prospects. Mac is horrendous and makes decisions that would have him out of the league well enough on his own.

There is no fallacy in my statement. OL is infinitely easier to find that your franchise QB.

G and C sure…but not a LT.

The last 1.5 quarters is why BB needs to go. As everyone is now giving BB the benefit of the doubt and blame the QB.
But, BB wouldn't go for it on 4th and short when down 13 in the 3rd qtr. It proves he just doesn't want to lose by 20+ rather than try to win.
The 1950's style conservative game plan is so old.
Now that we're almost certainly getting a top 3 pick, who can actually trust BB to get a franchise changing QB?
Because he won't - 100% BB will not pick a QB. He'll trade down or pick a OT.
Bill Belichick is good for nothing more than keeping an occasional game vs a good team "close" for a half. The game has passed him by. way too often with a lead, He plays to win the clock rather than win the game.

Lost a bunch of confidence in him today...that pick was brutal and it killed any shot they had. Had high expectations, but today was a big letdown. Another opportunity to seize/prove he might be the guy and he came up well short.
I see what you did there :rofl:

Lost a bunch of confidence in him today...that pick was brutal and it killed any shot they had. Had high expectations, but today was a big letdown. Another opportunity to seize/prove he might be the guy and he came up well short.
The arm is not there.

Don’t cry it’s ok. In Week 5 everything will work out.
People like options short bus 1.

Give them what they want.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Rob needs his ******** narrative about being uncompetitive to be true to throw a smoke screen about his shilling for Mac Jones all year, conveniently ignoring how hard we got refballed today.

They scored because of this 3rd & long with a guy literally hanging on an incoming sack:
IMG_4262.jpeg
IMG_4260.jpeg

This ******** call negated a HUGE turn over:

Here’s a blatant offensive pass interference the refs decided to pretend they didn’t see:

One of the most egregious refball games I’ve ever seen.

Rob needs his ******** narrative about being uncompetitive to be true to throw a smoke screen about his shilling for Mac Jones all year, conveniently ignoring how hard we got refballed today.

They scored because of this 3rd & long with a guy literally hanging on an incoming sack:
View attachment 55320
View attachment 55321

This ******** call negated a HUGE turn over:

Here’s a blatant offensive pass interference the refs decided to pretend they didn’t see:

One of the most egregious refball games I’ve ever seen.

The norm for the Chiefs

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back