PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Phenomenal article by JackieM on Jordan's defense

Thanks for sharing, @DropKickFlutie.

Prior to Jordan "shoving aside" Byron Russell for his final shot in the '98 Finals....he stripped Karl Malone's ball on the block.... that was one of the greatest defensive plays I ever saw along with LeBron's block a few years back.

Thanks for sharing, @DropKickFlutie.

Prior to Jordan "shoving aside" Byron Russell for his final shot in the '98 Finals....he stripped Karl Malone's ball on the block.... that was one of the greatest defensive plays I ever saw along with LeBron's block a few years back.

Also before Jordan assisted John Paxon's three to win their 3rd ring, people forget the Bulls were down 4 points against the Suns with only 1:50 left to go, got some steals and defensive stops and they won by 1.

I've mentioned this several times. Esp when people compare greats. MJ was a legit top 5-10 all-time defender. Great team defender but outstanding on the ball. Something completely lost in today's game. Its got so bad people used to think Rondo was a good defender.

It's something Jordan doesn't get enough credit for and the reason those Bulls team were successful. All-time defenders everywhere you'd look.

They had 3 of the top 10 All-time defenders on the same team in Dennis, Scottie & MJ. Then guys like Harper, Brown, Grant ...

Definitely a lost art.

I've mentioned this several times. Esp when people compare greats. MJ was a legit top 5-10 all-time defender. Great team defender but outstanding on the ball. Something completely lost in today's game. Its got so bad people used to think Rondo was a good defender.

It's something Jordan doesn't get enough credit for and the reason those Bulls team were successful. All-time defenders everywhere you'd look.

They had 3 of the top 10 All-time defenders on the same team in Dennis, Scottie & MJ. Then guys like Harper, Brown, Grant ...

Definitely a lost art.

I was blown away by the stat that since 1973 till now, the only 3 players to ever get 200 steals and 100 blocks in a season were Michael Jordan (twice), Scottie Pippen (once), and Hakeem Olajuwon (once).

I was blown away by the stat that since 1973 till now, the only 3 players to ever get 200 steals and 100 blocks in a season were Michael Jordan (twice), Scottie Pippen (once), and Hakeem Olajuwon (once).

From 88-93 he was first team all defense I believe? Again such an underrated part of his game.

Stockton was another one who was very underrated defensively.

Pip & Rodman were probably two of the best on the ball defenders I've seen. Tony Allen. DJ. Bowen.

Moncrief & Bobby Jones were before my time.

Actually you know who is underrated an defender? J Kidd. Man he could do it all. I loved watching him.

And what's crazy about that stat you mentioned ... MJ did it twice!

From 88-93 he was first team all defense I believe? Again such an underrated part of his game.

Stockton was another one who was very underrated defensively.

Pip & Rodman were probably two of the best on the ball defenders I've seen. Tony Allen. DJ. Bowen.

Moncrief & Bobby Jones were before my time.

Actually you know who is underrated an defender? J Kidd. Man he could do it all. I loved watching him.

And what's crazy about that stat you mentioned ... MJ did it twice!
200px-Dennis_Johnson_Lipofsky.jpg

6× NBA All-Defensive First Team (1979–1983, 1987)
3× NBA All-Defensive Second Team (1984–1986)

200px-Dennis_Johnson_Lipofsky.jpg

6× NBA All-Defensive First Team (1979–1983, 1987)
3× NBA All-Defensive Second Team (1984–1986)
"Pip & Rodman were probably two of the best on the ball defenders I've seen. Tony Allen. DJ. Bowen".

"Pip & Rodman were probably two of the best on the ball defenders I've seen. Tony Allen. DJ. Bowen".
Individually, each was all NBA.

Together, MJ, Pip and Rodman were a terror on D. Give Jackson credit for bringing Dennis in when most teams wouldn't touch him.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back