PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats approach to Pro Day scouting

@Bourne Again Christian hey QB guru what's your take on Jordan Travis??
Good project, decent release not a ton of velocity but throws with good touch, doesn’t read the defense past his first sometimes second projection.

Need a clean pocket doesn’t really throw off platform
If he has a career in the NFL it’s a as a number 3.

A lot of teams that like a prospect won't give them any attention bc the team is so comfortable with them. Also there are so many back channels with ex players, coaches that you can reach out and touch anyone. One reason Williams didn't do his medicals for everyone is bc he won't be playing for everyone and there's no need to give out extra info. On the opposite side teams that are unsure or simply want to get to know someone more. Will use visits on guys to confirm, deny or again just get more info on someone they'll be playing in the future.

People have been making some really good points about using pro days to meet with other teams and have potential trade talks. I knew that they used the Combine that way, but never thought about that using pro days that way.

Teams will workout or meet with QBs they have no shot at drafting for player scouting and future intelligence.

Do we know that Highsmith, Cargile, or Williams won’t be at any of the others? I highly doubt that.

Pats do have actual scouts

Ya could’ve fooled me…:cool:

Last edited:
So it did not translate to the pro game. Great college weapons he had in college is the key feature we need to judge because we still don't have weapons for any qb we pick as of now...

Yep… Corky had THE EASIEST season of ANY championship-winning (real or mythical) QB in the Entire History of college football.

Remember the old line/lie that the worst team in the NFL could still defeat the best team in college football? Corky’s 2020 Crimson Tide would’ve Wiped The Floor with the 2020 NEPatsies… or with his 2021 Patsies too.

I agree with you.
Wolf was part of the Mac pick. Not sure how much he pushed if at all on the pick. But it is not reassuring.
Surprising Groh is not part of the group. I do understand he is charge of scouting. Wondering if he pushed for Mac more than Wolf. Would have loved to be a fly on the wall during that #15 pick.

They did get the Barnmore and Gonzo pick right. But we are looking QB this year. That’s the position they totally whwhiffed
I believe Wolf was still a consultant. The pecking order was Zeigler- Groh - Wolf with Patricia in there as well.

Bill gave Wolf credit for working the trade up for the Barmore pick. I doubt Wolf was responsible for Mac.

I believe Wolf was still a consultant. The pecking order was Zeigler- Groh - Wolf with Patricia in there as well.

Bill gave Wolf credit for working the trade up for the Barmore pick. I doubt Wolf was responsible for Mac.
Thanks
That’s reassuring. Somebody else mentioned the Barmore trade being Wolf
I hope his dad has rubbed off on him
We need to hit on this draft

We already have an entire thread on this vague, unsourced Caplan report. No meat at all to the report and Kleiman’s “very interested” is pure embellishment. The fact that the Pats have (probably) made a few calls about availability of wide receivers is neither surprising nor newsworthy. Most teams probably do the same every off-season.
There is no evidence that the Pats have been aggressive in their pursuit of wide receivers under contract with other teams. before the draft. For now it is nothing more than wishful thinking of a disappointed and impatient fan base.

Others are reporting similar. It could be true they are actively looking to trade for a high end receiver.

Others are reporting similar. It could be true they are actively looking to trade for a high end receiver.

B.F.D. Where's the beef? MJH already set on Playing for Arizona....d%#*!@t...

B.F.D. Where's the beef? MJH already set on Playing for Arizona....d%#*!@t...

Nothing spells Championship like having a great receiver and no Quarterback. It’s just impossible to argue against. When you look at all the hardware Houston amassed with Andre Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins, or Detroit with Calvin Johnson, or the Cardinals with Larry Fitzgerald. Lombardi’s everywhere. Gotta get that WR, it’s the path to glory.

Nothing spells Championship like having a great receiver and no Quarterback. It’s just impossible to argue against. When you look at all the hardware Houston amassed with Andre Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins, or Detroit with Calvin Johnson, or the Cardinals with Larry Fitzgerald. Lombardi’s everywhere. Gotta get that WR, it’s the path to glory.
Yes your right. Just like the 2021 qb draft class. Nothing like picking great qbs too ruin your fan base. I think your right. Close you eyes and pick whatever falls in your lap in the first round qb crop. I'm a fffff football player. My take is we s in Patriots land KNOW that we do NOT need to have a first round drafted qb to win Superbowls. WE NEED TALENTED PLAYERS to have a shot. Draft a qb the has promise and the keys Brady had and surround him like Purdy with Weapons! Patriot way! Proven!

Last edited:

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back