PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats now betting favorites to land Delvin Cook (Update: Odds "Pretty High" He Signs With Jets)

Possible Patriots visit Yawns.
Sleep Yawn GIF

D Cook could be Huge signing for the Jets until B Hall gets back to 100%. They would probably be the best One/Two punch in the league @ RB.
Rather a horrible person like that goes to the Jets or Dolphins will be that much sweeter to beat them.
That being said the Jets with Aaron Rodgers are a threat to win the division and more.

Titans land Hopkins, but at least the Pats are in discussion for a possible meeting with a RB

Cook was not the same player last year. No way the Pats will pay what he wants.

What are the betting odds that the Jets land him now that Aaron has given back $35million. Aaron wants SB rings, and the Jets fans should be deliriously pumped right now.

Miami is held together by band-aids - way too top-heavy and shaky at QB. Buffalo took a chin punch from KC two years ago, when they should have had a shot at a title, and got overwhelmed by Cinci in the playoffs last year. They're getting older and more expensive and that window is small.

The Jets are loaded for a 2-year run at a title, and Aaron is doing everything right to try to get one.

Hurts to say it, but it's true.

The Patriots are still 2 years away, and that's IF Mac shows he can be the QB.

(As much as I think Herbert is overrated, he should have held out, gone FA and come to New England - BB would get a title with him.)

What are the betting odds that the Jets land him now that Aaron has given back $35million. Aaron wants SB rings, and the Jets fans should be deliriously pumped right now.

Miami is held together by band-aids - way too top-heavy and shaky at QB. Buffalo took a chin punch from KC two years ago, when they should have had a shot at a title, and got overwhelmed by Cinci in the playoffs last year. They're getting older and more expensive and that window is small.

The Jets are loaded for a 2-year run at a title, and Aaron is doing everything right to try to get one.

Hurts to say it, but it's true.

The Patriots are still 2 years away, and that's IF Mac shows he can be the QB.

(As much as I think Herbert is overrated, he should have held out, gone FA and come to New England - BB would get a title with him.)
I agree with the Jets take they are going to be Tough if healthy and their Defense can handle Allen.

You guys will get a kick out of this. Mike Greenberg on ESPN is hoping Dalvin Cook signs with the Jets. Amazing how ESPN doesn't care about domestic abuse, unless it's with the Pats or another team.

I agree with the Jets take they are going to be Tough if healthy and their Defense can handle Allen.
Oh.. their defense HAS handled Allen admirably.. Allen looks like a JAG when Bills have played jets.. they have the formula to handle a QB like him..

Lazard and Wilson on the outside at WR.. breece hall.. at RB.that alone is enough to for DCs to have to game plan for..

Oh.. their defense HAS handled Allen admirably.. Allen looks like a JAG when Bills have played jets.. they have the formula to handle a QB like him..

Lazard and Wilson on the outside at WR.. breece hall.. at RB.that alone is enough to for DCs to have to game plan for..
I really hope they are not looking at us as two wins already in the bag. We know they were a QB away and now they have Rodgers.

I really hope they are not looking at us as two wins already in the bag. We know they were QB away and now they have Rodgers.
Agreed.. unfortunately.. every team on our schedule is looking at us as such.. I believe teams respect our defense.. but not our Offense.. as much as I respect BB.. he has to take full accountability for last season offensively.. not Mac. The Jets in my opinion will be the toughest team for us.. I'm telling you.. not Miami not Buffalo.. you can score on Miami snd Buffalo not jets..

Idc ab anyone except like 4-5 people. This is from "the book of Justis 316"

"Close games are important. They can decide if you are in or out of the postseason. With that being said, a team’s record in decisive games is a much better number to use for projecting what teams will do in the future than their overall record."

"If you took a time machine back to 2006, you could go 39-2-1 predicting that unsustainably good close game records would lead to an immediate drop-off and unsustainably bad close game records would lead to an immediate rise. The NFL devours itself through its parity machine (outside of quarterback play and head coaches), but three or four teams a year become easy reads because of how they performed in close games the year prior. When the process is right 94 percent of the time, you take it for its word."

"When applied to college football, this logic also holds up. Over the last decade, Alabama, Boise State, Ohio State, Oklahoma and Wisconsin have combined to post an FBS best 457-48 record in decisive games. Collectively, they have gone just 97-71 in close games, a win percentage of just 58 percent. This means that even the best of the best, the programs which blow teams out the most while also avoid being blown out, barely have any significant ability to win single-score games over a large period of time. Truthfully, the ability to win close games is more of a myth than a tangible trait.

The team with the best close game win percentage over the last decade? Ole Dominion with an 11-4 record. Wyoming (30-17) ranks eighth and Louisiana-Lafayette (26-15) ranks ninth. Close game numbers are mostly bunk. The truth is, no matter how important we anecdotally claim winning close games is, 1) winning close games is not nearly as stable year to year as winning decisive games is and 2) the vast majority of wins at the FBS level come from decisive games."
I used the infamous "gamblers logic" to figure the Pats do better than expected this because they lost a lot of close ones last year. Is your post basically validating that in the sense of "regression to the mean." So, the alternative view that a team is "good in close" games is just some BS narrative?

Agreed.. unfortunately.. every team on our schedule is looking at us as such.. I believe teams respect our defense.. but not our Offense.. as much as I respect BB.. he has to take full accountability for last season offensively.. not Mac. The Jets in my opinion will be the toughest team for us.. I'm telling you.. not Miami not Buffalo.. you can score on Miami snd Buffalo not jets..
As the year plays on they'll learn to respect our offense, if they go by last year they'll be mistaken. Things will look a lot different this year.

As the year plays on they'll learn to respect our offense, if they go by last year they'll be mistaken. Things will look a lot different this year.
I share your optimistic views.. I agree our offense will be much better.. I've said myself we are being judged off last season.. injuries already are starting to happen. Joe burrow carted off possibly an Achilles, Ramsey in Miami.. possible ACL.. if we can stay relatively healthy we'll be in play..

I really hope they are not looking at us as two wins already in the bag. We know they were a QB away and now they have Rodgers.
I hope they are. Whenever any team assumes a win it makes winning much less likely.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back