PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RB Addai better than critics think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, because we all heard every team the Colt's played complaining about it.

Oh wait, never mind, we didn't. In fact, outside of this board, I've never heard of this AT ALL.:rolleyes:

Either you're blind or the biggest homer on God's green earth to make a comment like that. I suggest you pay closer attention to what happens on the field when you're watching a Dolts game.

There is a term for what you're saying and it's called sour grapes. It goes both ways. For example, go back and look at film of Patriots playoffs games after the 2001, 2003 and 2004 seasons and you'll see a lot of hits by Patriots that could have been called unnecessary roughness or hits to the head. But, they were just "letting them play" (thank God). WRT the latter, on Ty Law's interception return TD against the Rams in SB 36, Mike Vrabel clearly slapped Warner in the face mask but there was no call. If that call gets turned around, there, maybe, goes the super bowl win. And, I am a Patriots fan.

And on the infamous Tuck Rule call vs. the Raiders there should've been a personal foul on Charles Woodsen for a blow to Brady's head, making the end result of the play a moot point. We could go on and on all day about plays like this. I agree with you that it goes both ways. But it still doesn't change the fact that a big reason why the Colts' OLine is so effective is that they get away with a lot of holding. I'm just telling it like it is..........................

Last edited:
Coast,
As Pedro Martinez once said "Where you been man?" I haven't seen you posting at all this year, maybe I am wrong.

Glad to have you back and I hope all is well with you and yours................

Either you're blind or the biggest homer on God's green earth to make a comment like that. I suggest you pay closer attention to what happens on the field when you're watching a Dolts game.

Hey, I admit to being a homer: it's called being a fan.:D However, if the Colt's o-line was holding more than any other teams o-line, don't you think someone, somewhere, would complain about it? Seems to me that, if it were as blatant as folks here seem to think it is, we would hear a little more about it.

You say I'm a homer: don't you think, just maybe, that you might be just a little bit of a homer yourself?:eek: :D

Coast,
As Pedro Martinez once said "Where you been man?" I haven't seen you posting at all this year, maybe I am wrong.

Glad to have you back and I hope all is well with you and yours................

Hey Double G,

It's true, I haven't posted much this past year. I still check in from time to time to see what's going on, but hardly ever post anymore. Partly due to being so busy lately, partly due to message board burnout. We are doing fine out here, thanks for asking. I hope you and yours are doing well also. Now with the season being over maybe I'll drop in more often and participate.............

Hey, I admit to being a homer: it's called being a fan.:D However, if the Colt's o-line was holding more than any other teams o-line, don't you think someone, somewhere, would complain about it? Seems to me that, if it were as blatant as folks here seem to think it is, we would hear a little more about it.

You say I'm a homer: don't you think, just maybe, that you might be just a little bit of a homer yourself?:eek: :D

Just as another poster suggested it's been a league-wide perception over the past few years, just as the Broncos OLine is known for their cheap shot cut blocking tactics. You won't hear the players complain much about it because they try not to get caught up in all that, but I've heard plenty of Pats fans and fans from other teams point this out as well. It's pretty obvious when you can't read the number on the defender's back because the Dolts blocker has a handful of his jersey.

As far as being a homer is concerned, every fan is guilty of this, just some (particularly Horseshoe followers) more so than others.

Just as another poster suggested it's been a league-wide perception over the past few years, just as the Broncos OLine is known for their cheap shot cut blocking tactics. You won't hear the players complain much about it because they try not to get caught up in all that, but I've heard plenty of Pats fans and fans from other teams point this out as well. It's pretty obvious when you can't read the number on the defender's back because the Dolts blocker has a handful of his jersey.

As far as being a homer is concerned, every fan is guilty of this, just some (particularly Horseshoe followers) more so than others.

Well, obviously, you have your beliefs and your entitled to that. However, I tend to need more evidence than these "league-wide" perceptions you speak of. Surely, if it's that widespread, and its as bad as people here think it is, there would be SOME rumors or whispers from other teams. Provide me with ONE link, outside of this or any other pats fan site, in which this is discussed or even MENTIONED and I'll concede that its at least A REAL ISSUE. Otherwise, I'll just chalk it up to sour grapes and move on.

I wait with tremendous anticipation...............:rolleyes:

BTW, every offensive line holds some and gets away with it. The pats do as much as the Colt's. I find it HIGHLY DOUBTFUL that the league would let ANY team get away with it more than everyone else.

Well, obviously, you have your beliefs and your entitled to that. However, I tend to need more evidence than these "league-wide" perceptions you speak of. Surely, if it's that widespread, and its as bad as people here think it is, there would be SOME rumors or whispers from other teams. Provide me with ONE link, outside of this or any other pats fan site, in which this is discussed or even MENTIONED and I'll concede that its at least A REAL ISSUE. Otherwise, I'll just chalk it up to sour grapes and move on.

I wait with tremendous anticipation...............:rolleyes:

BTW, every offensive line holds some and gets away with it. The pats do as much as the Colt's. I find it HIGHLY DOUBTFUL that the league would let ANY team get away with it more than everyone else.

Is this good enough for ya'?

http://community.comcast.net/comcastportal/board/message?board.id=NFL&message.id=19579

http://mb.jaguars.com/Topic78064-6-3.aspx#bm78425

http://forum.signonsandiego.com/printthread.php?t=55761&page=65&pp=15

Again, try taking off the horseshoe blue-colored glasses for awhile and being a little more objective................

http://community.comcast.net/comcastportal/board/message?board.id=NFL&message.id=19579

Again, try taking off the horseshoe blue-colored glasses for awhile and being a little more objective................

Hmm, sorry but, NO. Your links are from 1. A thread on a messageboard I've never heard of that has 3 replies, one of which disagrees with the OP, 2. A Jags messageboard, for crying out loud, and 3. a thread from a Chargers board that is TWO FREAKIN YEARS OLD!!!

Those three quaint little links do not equal a legitimate issue. Sorry but, keep trying.

BTW, how long did you look for those links?:D

Hey, I admit to being a homo: it's called being gay.:D However, if the Colt's o-line didn't wear such tight white pants maybe i could concentrate on the game instead of drooling at those nice big tight bums

You say I'm a homo:and your correct i am
ok then:eek: :eek:

Did anybody actually stop and think that maybe the Colts are just good on the offensive line and know how to block without holding?

Nope, they know how to hold and get away with it.

Nope, they know how to hold and get away with it.

No I just think were better coached then most teams, but then I guess my opinion could be a little biased..:D

I can't believe Cory Dillion retired, did anybody see that coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Back