PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Releases are IN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Releases are IN!

Sincere question: why isn't everyone going nuts that Edelman seems to have made the team?? I thought he was the Binky of Binkies.

Sincere question: why isn't everyone going nuts that Edelman seems to have made the team?? I thought he was the Binky of Binkies.

Even the Superior Intellects agreed that he would make the team, so the gloating on the one side and sour grapes on the other is long past.

Also, I thought there were a lot of anti-Woods people on here and he made the team without any noise.

Even the Superior Intellects agreed that he would make the team, so the gloating on the one side and sour grapes on the other is long past.

Well put. I just hope that he and BJGE can set aside their political differences and play well together.

Also, I thought there were a lot of anti-Woods people on here and he made the team without any noise.

Pretty much just State and Hey Bro, but they're loud enough that it seemed like a dozen or so ;)

QB (2): Brady, Hoyer
RB (5): Maroney, F. Taylor, Morris, Faulk, Green-Ellis
WR (6): Moss, Welker, Galloway, Aiken, Edelman, Lewis
TE (3): Watson, Baker, Matthews
OL (9): Light, Mankins, Koppen, Neal, Kaczur, Connolly, Ohrnberger, Vollmer, Wendell

DL (7):Seymour, Wilfork, Warren, Brace, Pryor, Green, Wright
DE/OLB (3) : Burgess, Banta-Cain, Ninkovich
LB (5): Alexander, Guyton, Mayo, Thomas, Woods
S (5): Meriweather, Sanders, Chung, McGowan, Slater
CB (5): Bodden, Butler, Springs, Wheatley, Wilhite

ST (3): Gostkowski, Hanson, Ingram

PUP: Tate

IR: Bussey, McKenzie, C. Taylor, Crable

Hmmm, carrying only 2 QBs comes as a bit of a surprise to me, and I’m very surprised that they went with 5 RB (with none able to play the Evans role), as well as both Connolly and Wendell. Wouldn’t be shocked if we see Morris, BJGE, Wendell or Connolly go in the next couple days, to make room for a QB. Is Matthews our fullback now, too? If this is the roster that we head into the season with, though, then I’m down with that.

My binkies were Ninkovich and McGowan, so I’m def. happy about that, plus glad to see Slater make the roster even with the injury.

Interesting group of guys on paper. Some youth on defense and some good experience along the lines of scrimmage.

I don't see why BJGE is the first guy that would be cut, we have 6 WRs and if Welker and Edelman are healthy and Galloway shows he is fitting in than that position could easily be raided to make room for a veteran OL, also Ninkovich and McGowan are probably close to the bubble. BJGE might have shown enough that we would rather keep him than lose him to another team.

I really hope our top three linebackers stay healthy.

If Brady and Moss and Welker stay healthy the team is automatically dangerous and those youngsters on defense will come along as the season progresses.

We are loaded at many positions. This could turn out to be a scary team. :D

Last edited:
Interesting group of guys on paper. Some youth on defense and some good experience along the lines of scrimmage.

I don't see why BJGE is the first guy that would be cut, we have 6 WRs and if Welker and Edelman are healthy and Galloway shows he is fitting in than that position could easily be raided to make room for a veteran OL, also Ninkovich and McGowan are probably close to the bubble. BJGE might have shown enough that we would rather keep him than lose him to another team.

If Brady and Moss and Welker stay healthy the team is automatically dangerous and those youngsters on defense will come along as the season progresses.

The lower WR spots are for STs mostly, although considering how frequently the Pats run the spread, they need them for depth two. WR, IMO, is one spot where we can be fairly certain that we won't see any cuts.

McGowan is the #3 safety right now and he's a bigger impact on special teams than Chung.

The Pats only have 3 MLBs with Ninkovich an emergency 4th. Yes, Ninkovich is the 4th OLB, currently, but remember that Burgess and TBC lined up, almost exclusively, as 4-3 rush ends.. Not at OLB..

Its much more likely that BJGE is cut first because of the redundancy he brings.

It could be a very scary team.. Even more so if there are no injuries to Thomas, Brady, Moss, Welker, Light, Koppen, Meriweather, Seymour or Bodden.

No way B.McGowan is on the bubble.

As proved in yesterday's thread, many think he's the first one in if either Meriweather or Sanders get hurt--depending on Springs' situation of course. He's certainly ahead of Chung in the base defense so far, anyway. Although I expect Chung to gradually be played in nickel/dime situations throughout the year--and/or get some garbage time reps in the 2nd half. Regardless, he won't be starting right away if one of our safeties go down. IMO, the Springs factor is yet to be determined here, but at any rate--McGowan got off the bubble at least 2-3 weeks ago. He has ST value, and can tackle very well, not to mention he does have 'some' veteran presence.

Edit: sorry DaBruinz--was typing as you pretty much posted the same thing

Last edited:
No way B.McGowan is on the bubble.

As proved in yesterday's thread, many think he's the first one in if either Meriweather or Sanders get hurt--depending on Springs' situation of course. He's certainly ahead of Chung in the base defense so far, anyway. Although I expect Chung to gradually be played in nickel/dime situations throughout the year--and/or get some garbage time reps in the 2nd half. Regardless, he won't be starting right away if one of our safeties go down. IMO, the Springs factor is yet to be determined here, but at any rate--McGowan got off the bubble at least 2-3 weeks ago. He has ST value, and can tackle very well, not to mention he does have 'some' veteran presence.

Edit: sorry DaBruinz--was typing as you pretty much posted the same thing

Plus he went to UMaine, which is just awesome. Get behind your locals, people...

Ninkovitch beat out Crable, pure and simple.

There's no way you can support that statement. First off, Crable didn't play enough to say he got beat out and in the second...well, he's on IR, which could indicate the possibility he's actually injured.

People can have their suspicions, but just say Ninkovich played well. You're statement is nonsensical.

EDIT: See they gotcha already Mgteich. Nevermind.:D

Last edited:
Pray tell, what exactly is incorrect?

Not that I think I think Lawfirm will be cut or anything (especially since we haven't signed a back-up QB after cutting Walter), but what are you going to say if Lawfirm DOES get cut? After all, there are still six more cuts to be made.

EDIT: This post brought to you by Nirvana's Nevermind.

Last edited:
Not that I think I think Lawfirm will be cut or anything (especially since we haven't signed a back-up QB after cutting Walter), but what are you going to say if Lawfirm DOES get cut? After all, there are still six more cuts to be made.

He won't say anything, but someone will take his sig and make it their sig, making it a double-burn.

He won't say anything, but someone will take his sig and make it their sig, making it a double-burn.

So does your sig count as a quadruple burn? :cool:

Posting incorrect predictions in your signature is cool.

I think it's a cheap way out to do that. People should do as I do, and post the comments BEFORE D-Day approaches. Then, you keep it until another comes up, or it becomes moot.

Speaking of which, has Maroney been cut yet?

So does your sig count as a quadruple burn? :cool:

Exactly. Someone's going to have to call the whambulance for APatrioticVirginian when, at some point on the first drive of the first game of the season, Watson and Maroney both see the field.

I agree with Deus, though. For the whole sig quote thing to work, you need to have the predictions up there well in advance. I've had these *guarantees* in my sig for months now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes