PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Moss to Vikings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I am probably the only one here that still likes moss... but haven't we won 3 rings WITHOUT Moss? and didn't this same thing happen when we lost Ty Law?

as mentioned by others, those defenses were amazing. it's a different team now, the offense needs to be the best in the league by a large margin to even get to the playoffs.

different defense
different defense
different defense
different defense
different defense
different defense
different defense
different defense
different defense
different defense
different defense
different defense
different defense
different defense
different defense
different defense

Defense held the Giants to 17 points?????

You obviously have been only watching espn highlights of favre. The Vikes are hurting at the wide out positions right now due to injuries. Come season end you'll see a totally different vikings team. Super Bowl is not out of the question.

Not true. I had the unfortunate brain fart to pick BF for my fantasy team, so I have been watching him closely. His failure to show up for training camp made him out of shape and out of sync with his receivers, and his injuries have definitely caught up to him. He has stunk it up so far.

If this trade is real, I predict disappointment for everyone involved. The Pats' offense won't be nearly the same, and God forbid Welker goes down or needs a game or two off. Randy will realize his dream of playing with Favre and scoring his last big contract was a "grass is always greener" illusion, and he'll have flashbacks to his days with the Raiders, frustrated and leaving the field before the clock reads 0:00, and the Viking fans will have their own "Moss emotions watch" threads before long.

moss is a HOF receiver with incredible hands and ability to track the ball and catch it. Tate is playing his 5th game as a starter....so i would resist the tempation to make that comparison right now...

Moss's hands are overrated, I've seen a helluva lot of drops from him since he came here. For every incredible 1 handed grab he makes, I can also count 1 long bomb that bounces off his hands. Especially the one on 3rd down in the last drive of SB42.

Last year Favre was better.

Peterson is in the backfield

Moss will be used on more routes and less of a decoy.

Our playaction is way better.

Favre is going to throw more then one pass towards Moss. Favre loves Moss.

Moss will do great. Probably top ten statistics.

Favre would play like Brady against the Jets 2 weeks ago... except 4 more interceptions... plus Favre WAS NOT better than Brady last year. Favre will probably Chuck the ball to Moss every play like everyone here was crying when Brady did it against the Jets... still see not much of an improvment

This team is turning into a firesale---getting rid of great players left and right and turning those picks into trash. Seymour, Samuel, and now Moss. This is sickening.

It's pretty obvious NE is going nowhere the next several years based on the decisions the front office is making. Sorry to be blunt, but this is the truth.

Goodnight Patsfans. Personally, I will be praying for Vincent Jackson tomorrow. In Bill we... nevermind :D

Take a minute to how all of your patriot fans are feeling about losing Moss and how much it sucks! Thats exactly how us Vikings fans felt when our idiot owner McCombs shipped him off to Oakland. We are estatic to have him back. But I feel for you guys. Your lucky to have brady and a good system though. Unlike us were we are wondering what the hell Chili is doing.
Since you absolutely, positively know for a fact events that have not yet occurred, care to share with us next week's winning lottery numbers, as well as who will win against the spread in every NFL game next Sunday?

Re: Mixed Feelings on Moss

I dont see how we are a better football team without Randy Moss.
I do think with Brady at the helm, we make adjustments to the offense to compensate for it though, at least to a degree.
What is really troubling me is that for the first time since he has been here, Ive been very disappointed in Moss' play. Now that doesn't mean
I want him gone, because disappointing and useless are very different things.
In fact, at first I put most of the blame for the Jet loss on Brady, but it didnt reduce my overall opinion of him a bit. But after watching the game on tape, and the plays in question, I blamed Moss. I saw poor effort on the deep Int, and a weak attempt to catch the 2nd with one hand, when he could have used 2, then tipping the 2nd into an Int. But, at the time and now, I recognize there can be more than meets the eye, for example not going all out on the deep ball could be cat and mouse because he never expected it, and that cat and mouse is part of what gets him open deep.
I recognize that he has been a decoy most of this season, but that tells me POSSIBLY either his skills have eroded, or his attitude and effort are not there because since he has been here, he has always taken away coverage but has also caught passes.
In th first 4 games, his #s over a full season would project to 36 catches for less than 600 yards. That is not the Moss we saw from 07-09 at any point.
I would like to think he stays and gets his head straight.
I am pretty sure that whatever draft pick we add to this young team wont return value for what Moss can give us this year....I dont think this is a Seymour-like shot at a top 5 pick, and may not even be a #2.
I can only see 2 reasons why we would make such a trade. One is that Moss has lost enough that his unique abiities arent so unique any more, and I do not believe that, because even if it were so, he could be a decoy for a season and have value. The other is that Moss' attitude has made it clear that he is gong to be a negative influence on the team, that he is back to Oakland Randy.
I do not want this trade to be made, but I recognize that if it is, we aren't trading a Randy Moss who could be expected to play....for us....like he has for the last 3 years, for whatever mental or psychological reason.
Given that the best we can say for his season is that we think he drew double teams and opened it up for other receivers (we know the Jets left him man on man with a poor corner and he did not beat him) at least the impact of losing him appears now to be less than it ever did before.

If it was Moss of 07-09 this would be a terrible trade.
If the trade is made, I'm pretty sure we would have seen more of the uninspiring play we have seen so far (and I would not be surprised at all if he does great in Minn with a good attitude) so it is what it is.
Really a shame if it has to come to that, because if Moss was in it 100% this offense would be special.
It is also possible that these are wild rumors that won't happen, but I've come to realize that is usually wishful thinking. But, my impression of Moss' attitude issue is based just on the fact that if there wasnt a problem there, this trade wouldn't even be discussed.

totally unreadable .... :bricks::bricks::bricks:

Quick Factoid: I don't know why they're interested in a deep threat WR when their QB sucks at deep passes. (Favre)

This team is turning into a firesale---getting rid of great players left and right and turning those picks into trash. Seymour, Samuel, and now Moss. This is sickening.

It's pretty obvious NE is going nowhere the next several years based on the decisions the front office is making. Sorry to be blunt, but this is the truth.

Sorry to be blunt, but it isn't the truth at all. It's simply your opinion.

Favre would play like Brady against the Jets 2 weeks ago... except 4 more interceptions... plus Favre WAS NOT better than Brady last year. Favre will probably Chuck the ball to Moss every play like everyone here was crying when Brady did it against the Jets... still see not much of an improvment

I watched every game from both players last season and Brady was no where near as good as Favre (outside of the Carolina game)

Re: Mixed Feelings on Moss

So the Bills and Dolphins D is better than the Packers and Bears D? notice they both shut Moss down... really now, Moss will only make Favre worse

Quick Factoid: I don't know why they're interested in a deep threat WR when their QB sucks at deep passes. (Favre)

Maybe Favre is trying to establish an NFL lifetime interception record?

Sorry to be blunt, but it isn't the truth at all. It's simply your opinion.

The first law of internet messageboard logic:

I believe it, therefore it's true.

Last edited:
I watched every game from both players last season and Brady was no where near as good as Favre (outside of the Carolina game)
Brady was CLEARLY better than Favre last year in the...

Bills
Panthers
Titans
2nd Jets
both Dolphins
Bucs

Favre didn't really do much special at all, he was clutch like Brady last year... but not much else.

Schefter is now the third source to report that the Moss trade will be a done deal today.

Ive only caught wind of this in the last hour or so. If its true that Moss asked for a trade then it might be better if he was traded. i wouldn't doubt if he would shut it down if he remained here. Anyways every ones reporting that a trade is in the works, where theres smoke theres fire, to much trade chatter to be just a benign rumor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore