PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Pats interested in Josh Rosen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with this view.

Sure, we have 2019 needs at CB, OG, DE and QB. And yes, we'd all like a 3rd LB for our two LB system in case of injury.

As far as 2018, we have a hole at OT, which some think Belichick will accept for a year to see how the current players work out.
=============
QUARTERBACK
We seem to now be OK with trading 2 top picks. Given that we have four in the first two rounds, instead of 2, this seems right. Also, if we were to trade 3, we'd likely get back a 4th and/or 5th. In any case, we can trad down to secure those missing picks.
============
BOTTOM LINE
1) We have much draft resources (measured in value) than normal.
2) We should solve two needs in the first 2 rounds.
Pick a position. Any position, aside from maybe center.

That position likely needs to be addressed either this draft or next, with Belichick prioritizing the selections based on his view of the needs. We have obvious needs that need to be filled and will greatly hint towards the future of the next 3+ years with these next couple of drafts. They will almost certainly be the two most important drafts of the Belichick era.

The closer we get the more unlikely it is imo that the Pats move up to draft a QB. Like IC said, I can see them moving up a few picks into the late teens, but I don't see them making a move where they use both 1st to move up. Not unless it's a deal where they get a high 2nd in return for #31. Should someone like Rosen slide that far, then ok. If not, then they use both picks to help the current roster for this season, and maybe take a flyer on someone like Rudolph, Lauleta, or Luke Falk & Co. later on. I'd like to see OL (Miller maybe) and the front 7 addressed with their two 1sts, but BPA works just fine for me.

If he doesn't continue to be a turnover machine and takes football more seriously. Those are two "if's" that I'd rather not explore, though. I'd much rather have Mayfield. I think he'd thrive in this system and he's one of the only QBs in this draft that I've seen CONSISTENTLY use his eyes to move safeties at the college level. He'd also want to come in and immediately push Brady for the starting job instead of simply being content to sit and learn behind him.
I don't think anyone will be pushing Brady for the starting job until Brady starts to decline. And 500 yards in the Super Bowl isn't declining. Honestly, Brady's long ball got better this season than its ever been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back