PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Suggestions for Dressing for Gillette in a Downpour

Status
Not open for further replies.
My solution is I sold my tickets to a die hard Pats fan for face value. If this were the playoffs I would definitely be there but I hate the idea of standing in the rain for four hours, no matter how well protected I am.

Much respect to all of you tough guys and gals fighting the elements! I’m sure the red seats will be empty.
Sold mine also. I don’t mind the snow. The rain bleeds through to the bones and the constant annoying noise off the hood of your rain gear

Ayuh!

8036932ad0a15c26fecbf271c3bb8f78.jpg

Downpour has just arrived. Cold and windy too. Good luck to those of you who will be out there!

1975 season opener versus Oilers was the wettest I have ever been at a game, watching, playing ever... Oilers won 7-0 on a fumble recovery but it was a monsoon...
Patriots Lose on Fumble, 7‐0
Holy Crap.

You witnessed Steve Grogan's first NFL game and first two completed passes?!

And Russ Francis' likewise debut and first NFL catch?!

You are my hero.

My grandsons are using my tix today but as a rule for rain games below 50° I wear my 3/16 wetsuit under my rain gear.

Thanks to all for your suggestions. It was MAHVELOUS! Have watched most every game on TV since Bledsoe in 2000 (jumped on the bandwagon when they were still building it). I've gone to a few games, but it had been a while since the last one, and I'd forgotten how great it is. The last real game was a winter night, 25 degrees F in 25 knot winds. Tailgated for 3 hours (NOT my choice). Drove back at oh-dark-hundred. Sick for 4 days afterward. That's why it's been so long since I've gone.
50 degrees in the rain? Piece of cake. I wore 35-year-old offshore foul weather gear like the fellow in Wax Frog's photo. Thick wool socks in very porous hiking boots. (can't walk far in my waterproof boots) Wet but warm. Poncho over top, but I'm not sure that was necessary. If it was colder, I would have wanted gloves as my hands were wet and cold. Should have had dry socks and shoes in the car, as some suggested.
But the experience of being at the game! I'll rewatch on TV to see stuff that was too far away, but I could watched the secondary all night. And the receivers on our offense. Stuff you can't see on TV. That was fun. I watched Edelman doing this little practice dance during commercial breaks, moving his feet so fast they were a blur. Players moving and jumping and rolling in ways humans shouldn't be able to do. This is the clinic they perform every week for the delight of mortals like us and it's hard to appreciate that on TV.
Jones punch on Chubb's fumble was right in front of me. So damn FAST!
Games are great on TV. But they're real in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe