The Great Derek Wolfe Debate!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off The Grid

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
:D

Just trying to be Part Of The Solution, gentlemen!! :D

I have humbly requested a couple gentlemen to Spin Off their harsh words regarding Mister Wolfe, and, having done so, I feel that the least I can do is to facilitate that, should they deign to do so...

And young Mister Wolfe is a Prospect not without some potential interest, anyway...:cool:

He needs a nickname. Derek "De Woof"

Deroer Wolfe

I think a proper nickname is in order before a proper discussion.

I really want us to draft Wolfe and Mercilus, and then pick up Margus Hunt next year, so that our D-line can be know as the Merciless Wolf Hunt.

And that is all I have to say about that. :cool:

Last edited:
three-moon-wolf-shirt.jpg

The Lycan!

2143228-sh_concept_post_werewolf_greys.png

I just posted something similar in the Bequette thread, but I'm really wondering if people are actually watching these prospects or ranking them on simply measureables and production.

I just posted something similar in the Bequette thread, but I'm really wondering if people are actually watching these prospects or ranking them on simply measureables and production.

When I look at his tape I see a solid college player who does some things well and could have good potential, I like him in the 4th and later. What do you see?

When I look at his tape I see a solid college player who does some things well and could have good potential, I like him in the 4th and later. What do you see?

Basically the same. His measureables and production would put him easily in the top 2 rounds, but he doesn't play like you'd expect a 6'5", 300 pound DT with 9.5 sacks to play.

Basically the same. His measureables and production would put him easily in the top 2 rounds, but he doesn't play like you'd expect a 6'5", 300 pound DT with 9.5 sacks to play.

BS. He backed up those 9.5 sacks with 21.5 TFLs and a solid combine. So he plays better than a lot of the guys with "untapped potential" projected ahead of him who couldnt get it done as he did against college level OLs

Last edited:
Late 2nd round is the earliest he will go and some think the Pats is the best fit. "Steve Muench of Scouts Inc. recently watched film from 2011, and evaluated the type of system that would best suit him. Muench believes the hybrid defense New England runs would work best because Wolfe can play in both the 4-3 and 3-4".
The more I read about him, he may be a good pick in the 3rd round. What makes it better is it seems his skills really don't fit all teams and because of that, he could go lower that expected. If the Pats can get a real solid DT in the 1st or 2nd maybe Wolfe can be another good pick up.

Last edited:
BS. He backed up those 9.5 sacks with 21.5 TFLs and a solid combine. So he plays better than a lot of the guys with "untapped potential" projected ahead of him who couldnt get it done as he did against college level OLs

Patsderoer: He's awesome! He has production and measureables!
Sciz: Watch the guy play. He's not that good.
Patsderoer: BS. He has production and measureables!

2ho8huc.jpg

2ho8huc.jpg

I saw his play. He's even better than those numbers show. He was double teamed most of the time. And still put up those beastly numbers. Beast. Great pick up for the Pats. Best DT pass rusher in this draft, bar none.

2ho8huc.jpg

:rofl: :rocker:

Sorry, Dero, but that was LOL Funny!! :D

I saw his play. He's even better than those numbers show. He was double teamed most of the time. And still put up those beastly numbers. Beast. Great pick up for the Pats. Best DT pass rusher in this draft, bar none.
He is a terrific player and also adds toughness. I strongly believe the Pats will surprise the entire NFL as usual and get players like Wolfe or Bequette in lower rounds than expected and have an awesome draft. Now forget about my opinion and look at Wolfe's numbers....As a senior when he LED the conference in tackles for loss (21.5) had career-highs in tackles (70) and sacks (9.5). He started 38 games in a row, played several different positions and is a BB type of player.

Last edited:
:rofl: :rocker:

Sorry, Dero, but that was LOL Funny!! :D

Sorry OTG, but it's pretty idiotic to me. If he's not that good, how did he get those sacks and TFLs? Did the OL's just get out of the way?
Did he take advantage of a better teammate who was getting double teamed?
No, in fact he was the one who got most of the double teams, and still put up those numbers. Beast.
Like I said, he's even better than those numbers show.
Thanks to Wolfe's efforts, Cinci led the nation in sacks per game.

Cincinnati Linebacker JK Schaffer Named 2011 American Eagle Outfitters BIG EAST Football Scholar-Athlete of the Year > The BIG EAST Conference > News
A three-year starter, Schaffer had 337 career tackles, leading all BIG EAST players who were active in 2011. He finished his career with 27.5 tackles for loss, 15 pass breakups, six forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries. He earned All-BIG EAST First Team honors in 2011 after he ranked third in the conference in tackles (8.8 per game), had four sacks and led a Cincinnati unit that led the nation in sacks (8.6 per game) and was sixth nationally in rushing defense (96.2 ypg). He was an All-BIG EAST Second Team choice in 2010

So there we have it. Thanks to Wolfe's efforts and double teams he got, Cinci led the nation in sacks per game. But but but but, dont let that fool you. He's not that good.

Better draft guys who couldnt beat college level OLs, but have "untapped potential", so they surely will have no problem manhandling the inferior NFL OLs. Guys like Brockers or Cox, who cant get sacks unless the QB runs into them, but will surely have no problem beating those inferior NFL OLs. Both had amazing 26 inch vert, showing how great lower body strength they got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back