PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots are changing their evaluation grading system for scouting

Ok. So pro days are here. We have a new staff. Please check the tape on 1st round pick Mac Jones. Keep in mind he had a raggedy arm, bad footwork and cracks under pressure. Try not to.pick a qb like this. I'm serious!!!

No way would I would pick T Thornton over G Pickens after watching both tapes. Pickens look like the superior player and played like it. Same for Harry over A.J. Brown I think we get the WR Drafting right this time around.
Pickens could very well have been a first rounder if he didn't act like such a turd at Georgia. There were numerous issues with him there IIRC. What I don't recall, however, is the specifics. He may have blown off team-related activities and screwed up academically, but I don't think he was shooting people like previous Patriots employee #85.

This may be a good example of how BB's grading system was detrimental to the Pats. More specifically, perhaps (especially in light of employee #85 and other bad situations they experienced) they gave more weight to "character/behavior incidents" as a decision criterion than they had in the past and doing so hurt them. Another consideration is, for all of their decision criteria but especially for ones like "character/behavior" that are not measurable in an objective sense, how do they come up with a score for each criterion.

I remain optimistic that the new regime is changing their evaluation system in a manner that will result in a more physically gifted roster. To exemplify, I'd rather have a Jalen Reager on the team than a Chris Board.

Last edited:

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back