PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots are changing their evaluation grading system for scouting

Ok. So pro days are here. We have a new staff. Please check the tape on 1st round pick Mac Jones. Keep in mind he had a raggedy arm, bad footwork and cracks under pressure. Try not to.pick a qb like this. I'm serious!!!

No way would I would pick T Thornton over G Pickens after watching both tapes. Pickens look like the superior player and played like it. Same for Harry over A.J. Brown I think we get the WR Drafting right this time around.
Pickens could very well have been a first rounder if he didn't act like such a turd at Georgia. There were numerous issues with him there IIRC. What I don't recall, however, is the specifics. He may have blown off team-related activities and screwed up academically, but I don't think he was shooting people like previous Patriots employee #85.

This may be a good example of how BB's grading system was detrimental to the Pats. More specifically, perhaps (especially in light of employee #85 and other bad situations they experienced) they gave more weight to "character/behavior incidents" as a decision criterion than they had in the past and doing so hurt them. Another consideration is, for all of their decision criteria but especially for ones like "character/behavior" that are not measurable in an objective sense, how do they come up with a score for each criterion.

I remain optimistic that the new regime is changing their evaluation system in a manner that will result in a more physically gifted roster. To exemplify, I'd rather have a Jalen Reager on the team than a Chris Board.

Last edited:

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back