PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The talk about Martellus Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Week 3/4 of the preseason, certain posters were claiming that Bennett was on the bubble, and took some offense when I stated how ridiculous that was.

Hopefully they've come around, and have learned something from the experience.

Sankey was signed to the Pats' Practice Squad. o_O

Doesn't change my view of him. I hope I'm wrong but he showed absolutely nothing in Tenhessee. They signed Montee Ball last year and he sucked as well, truth be told there are a ton of crappy running backs out there and that many really good obes

He won the 1st half

Bennett and Hogan both look like they've been here a lot longer than they have. 173 yards receiving between the two of them today -- lifesavers.

Week 3/4 of the preseason, certain posters were claiming that Bennett was on the bubble, and took some offense when I stated how ridiculous that was.

Hopefully they've come around, and have learned something from the experience.

LOL........they'll just tell you that he decided to guzzle the kool-aid

Think this thread can be closed now. Pretty obvious he got one of the game balls today, being one of the top 3 performers in the NFL at the TE position.

Dominated every facet of the game. Some may have questioned him last week but with my eyes I saw a great blocking performance that improved even more this weekend.

I'd take odds on Bennett vs the Kraken.........

Think this thread can be closed now. Pretty obvious he got one of the game balls today, being one of the top 3 performers in the NFL at the TE position.

Dominated every facet of the game. Some may have questioned him last week but with my eyes I saw a great blocking performance that improved even more this weekend.

Frankly I think he was as impressive and important last week as this week. When our LT was out and we needed him to block, he excelled just as much at that as he did at racking up YAC and attacking the seam today. Only a handful of players can do both like he did these past two weeks, and we have two of them.

Almost definitely but I'm trying to be optimistic

That's the only way if you don't know what the hell youre going to see one week to the next

What's jimmys rating? 125? 130? Just sayin

Yep, the idea of this Two TE offense going no huddle with Lewis is scary.

Completely agree.

Everyone talks about how we don't have TB and Gronk right now which is true, but they're forgetting our first choice RB Lewis.

Lining up Gronk, Bennett, Edelman, Lewis, and one of Dola/Hogan or any combination of the above will be worth the wait.

Frankly I think he was as impressive and important last week as this week. When our LT was out and we needed him to block, he excelled just as much at that as he did at racking up YAC and attacking the seam today. Only a handful of players can do both like he did these past two weeks, and we have two of them.

In my camp observation thread in the preseason, I said that the Bennett trade was essentially Randy Moss 2.0 (in terms of the enormous dividends gained by trading just a 4th round pick). I said that he was going to be a game-changer. He can do it all, block, run the seam, and pass protect.

With Gronk in there, we will essentially have 7 linemen, or 2 or even 3 potential FB's, or four receivers, and the real fun is, you never know who will be what on any given snap.

His blocking performance last week was immense. Too many people just get caught up watching the football/stat lines. Running behind him and Gronk is going to be fun this year. The two TE offence we had under Gronk and A-Hern may well be back.

His blocking performance last week was immense. Too many people just get caught up watching the football/stat lines. Running behind him and Gronk is going to be fun this year. The two TE offence we had under Gronk and A-Hern may well be back.

It may be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents