PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Why Not? Trades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I stopped reading after the second sentence.

Perhaps but as you recall we Drafted a DT last year in Round 1 with two recent ACLs.
DW Toys
Requiring micro fracture surgery is not the same as acl reconstruction. As a physician who does both of those surgeries Fre, I speak from experience.

Jimmy G. for Patrick Peterson.

Franchise QB for franchise CB

:D

Hey since we are throwing out stuff that will never ever happen.

Trade Mayo to SF maybe. They are desperate for a LB by now. Could be a pick or a player.

The question isn't whether teams would take Clowney on their roster.

The question is whether they'd trade two good players and one recent draft pick with upside just to find out of Clowney can reach his potential (knowing that signs to this point are not promising).

The question isn't whether teams would take Clowney on their roster.

The question is whether they'd trade two good players and one recent draft pick with upside just to find out of Clowney can reach his potential (knowing that signs to this point are not promising).

The idiocy is strong in these trade scenarios

We can get someone Urban Meyer or Nick Saban coached, and someone from Rutgers. Problem solved. Oh yeah and another tight end, gotta get another tight end :)

Also, we're still looking good at the Brandon position since picking up Brandon Gibson, although I am a little concerned that we're concentrating too many Brandons at wide receiver.

They need to trade for keenan lewis NOW. Guys being shopped by the saints, wants out and has a very cheap price tag.

Very good CB, a Talib clone in many ways. It's almost too obvious given our needs.

Requiring micro fracture surgery is not the same as acl reconstruction. As a physician who does both of those surgeries Fre, I speak from experience.
I concede to your expertise Sir. That being said, all things being equal would you want Clowney or Easley who is looking pretty bleak as a Pats first rounder (Hopefully that will change for that young man).
DW Toys

I think we should trade a 7th for Calvin Johnson.

We can get someone Urban Meyer or Nick Saban coached, and someone from Rutgers. Problem solved. Oh yeah and another tight end, gotta get another tight end :)

I'm all set with guys coached by Urban Meyer. They either are a bust (Chad Jackson, Cunningham), are nuts (Spikes) or are looking at life w/o parole.

DW is the King of off-season total BS
Why thank you for your opinion sir. Over the last many years on this forum my " B.S." has turned out true but I do not do this to trump my ego over others nor feel superior because someone might "project" their opinion is "the leader at the club house" as many do here. I do this for fun and enjoyment.

I do not take all I say seriously nor do I try to take off the cuff comments by some as a threat to my manhood.

I truly try to take time and research what I write as possible or not. Many are slanted to my preference but if you notice and at least give me credit, I try to explain why or how.

If the above comments by you about my posts made your day, I am glad I could help. You win. Pissah-1 DW Toys-0

DW Toys

OK. You got me. I'm all ears for >1 example of your mega-trade proposals that turned out to be true.
Post the opening thread URL here for us to read.

I must protest any throwing-of-shade* at DW. Without him we would not have ever called one another Cousin during the offseason. We would similarly be lacking in a great number of typographic flourishes.

As to things turning out to be true... we remember the ones we're right about, we forget the ones we're wrong about. That is human nature. I for one own the fact that I am just about always wrong. I say this not to drag anybody into that muck, but I believe that were there software that could instantly tease out what we've all said about the draft and free agency, we'd be more wrong than right about what happened to each player. The same goes for our "market timing" regarding each player, whether young or old.

I know some of youz are light-years ahead of me in one niche or another, I'm not saying otherwise, and I salute the effort people put into some of their breakdowns, don't get me wrong. But come on. You can count on 2 hands the guys who understand what's going on, and they are Pats team employees. You can probably count on one hand the guys who have the entirety of info. (e.g., knocking out the team doctor, a position coach, etc.) You might even be able to count those guys on one finger.

By all means let a hundred off-season flowers bloom. What else is there to do? I love reading the speculation and speculating along. I feel like it keeps me marginally in touch w/the team until actual events happen... Also some of you guys do make good arguments... I just can't see getting in spats about who is speculating better. No disrespect to anybody and I love reading it. Just saying... we're just the fans.

*the term "throwing shade" is now officially beyond its cultural currency, because I am 50+ and just used it on a bulletin board.

This is the DW Toys "Pre" Trade-A-Rama because I am bored to death waiting for Nick and BB to get back from their "College trips to look at players they won't Draft anyway" tour as Rome burns while they fiddle around. Hope you are getting well tanned boys. By the way FA has started in case you did not know and you can now look at the "Cream of the Crap" who are left over for you....or....maybe they just hated every FA on the board and Trades seem like a good idea.
Spoken like a petulantly impatient ADD smartphone-addicted spoiled smartypants: disrespectful and devoid of understanding about the Patriots' proven approach to roster building.

df6b1ef92e553f8fc5d85ce42b83a60de6022afd9062756a1e6570a5c5ab8695.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft