PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TNF: Buffalo @ Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Orton simply become disoriented or are we just seeing the exposing of the Buff coaching and team as second rate??

well at least it wasn't a full on blowout.

Ok, here we go. We are going to see Orton go into full on, two minute, throw caution to the wind and drive it right down the field mode to make this a game and.................ahh I can't even type it all the way through without laughing.

Good call kyle, that ball wasn't even catchable.

The Buff team has the feel that they, at least some of them, weren't aware of the gravity of the game and playoff implications. Just seemed to lack the kind of fight that you expect to see given the situation....

I don't see how either of these teams poses any threat to the Patriots. Maybe if they suddenly start playing like they did in September again, but that's about it.

Hey, it's Thursday night. Ain't much to expect from it -- yet there was some barely meaningful football watching to go along with some good back and forth banter on Pastfan. All in all Thursday can be a lot worse :)

Buff "in the hunt"? Mathematically true but in 'my sense of it' terms this just made Buff's chances at the playoffs all but done. Hopefully their fight is lessened and this helped move the Buff v NE into the 'not as difficult as first thought' game.

I don't see how either of these teams poses any threat to the Patriots. Maybe if they suddenly start playing like they did in September again, but that's about it.

Maybe. One thing for sure is that underneath stuff for Tanny was made WAY too easy. I'd like to think the Patriots will force Tanny to make much higher level of difficulty throws.

Stats:

Final Score: Dolphins 22, Bills 9

Yards: Dolphins 331, Bills 237
Plays: Dolphins 62, Bills 60
Yards per Play: Dolphins 5.3, Bills 3.9

Yards per Point: Dolphins 15.0, Bills 26.3
Red Zone: Dolphins 2/5 (40%), Bills 0/2 (0%)

First Downs: Dolphins 24, Bills 13
First Downs by Penalty: Dolphins 3, Bills 0
Third/Fourth Down: Dolphins 3/8 (38%), Bills 6/13 (46%)

Passing Yards: Dolphins 205, Bills 183
Complete/Attempts: Dolphins 26/34 (76%), Bills 22/39 (56%)
Touchdowns/Interceptions: Dolphins 2/0, Bills 0/0
Yards per Pass Attempt: Dolphins 5.3, Bills 4.5
Passing First Downs: Dolphins 15, Bills 9

Rushing Yards: Dolphins 126, Bills 54
Yards per Rush: Dolphins 5.5, Bills 2.8
Rushing 1st Downs: Dolphins 6, Bills 4

Penalties: Dolphins 4, Bills 7
Penalty Yards Lost: Dolphins 30, Bills 70

Turnovers Lost: Dolphins 2, Bills 0

Technically the Bills are still "in the hunt". But come on...they play AT Patriots, AT Broncos, Packers, Browns... (how could you not love the Browns right now? Want them to win that division so bad. Sick of the Steelers/Ravens)

And their conference record is: 2-5, Dolphins is 5-2. Bills lost to Chiefs, Patriots, Chargers, Texans. They have no tiebreakers. They'd need all or most of those teams to collapse. No chance.

Miami's defense came to play tonight. They were very aggressive in all three defensive zones tonight.

Terrible, game-changing calls in both the safety and the PI to set up the last MIA TD.
However, their defense looks legit.

I think that MIA has a tough enough defense, that they could certainly compete for a WC spot if they're able to continue their momentum and "team" kind of play.

They are basically a last second play at DET away from being 7-3, even though I agree with some of what you say for sure. That said, I'd hate to see us lose a game or two, and have them hanging around come 12/14 when they meet again. Unfortunately, there is a decent possibility of that happening.

Ultimately, I think you're right that they do not go very far, but my concern is them hanging around, I suppose.

Last edited:
In the first half, the 2 teams took 16 snaps in the red zone without a TD.

And that's happened about a bajillion times in football. The Patriots settled for 2 field goals on their first two drives against the Broncos, for crying out loud, while the Broncos began with a pair of 3-and-out drives.

People were overdoing it, IMO, and I'm someone who's been talking about Orton's red zone problems for a while now.

horrible PI on gilmore..

orton is a garbage QB. so is manuel though, at least they have a decent pick next season oh, that belongs to the browns...

...kinda felt bad for marrone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents