PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread Week 17: Pats @ Buffalo

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Beat the Bills and they can’t win the division anymore. Not just that they will then be forced to play for their playoff lives in Miami as an elimination game. We owe them that after how the last 2 seasons ended.

Also our first season sweep vs Buffalo since Brady was here.

I think winning there with the injuries on defense will be really difficult but who knows? Discuss….

Beat the Bills and they can’t win the division anymore. Not just that they will then be forced to play for their playoff lives in Miami as an elimination game. We owe them that after how the last 2 seasons ended.

Also our first season sweep vs Buffalo since Brady was here.

I think winning there with the injuries on defense will be really difficult but who knows? Discuss….
Zappe said to tell you doubt him once shame on you doubt him twice shame on him. P.s. don't shoot the messenger. :)

Bills board seems to think Diggs is not healthy. Played only 60% of the snaps Saturday. Hmm…

Last edited:
Bills are on a tear lately... Hoping we can throw a hitch into their post season plans...

Would be a good way to close out the season in our penultimate game...

The Bills have adjusted with Joe Brady as interim OC and are leaning on Cook at RB a lot more. He’s a good back. Allen is throwing less, he is only averaging 11 completions a game the last two games. If NE takes Cook out of the game the Bills could struggle. Diggs seems to be dealing with something and Kincaid has fallen off.

I think the rejuvenated Pats would not the the Bills’ choice of who they would like to play next week.
Or the Pats expended all their emotional energy in Denver and this is a come back to Earth game.

Very winnable game for the Bills. But the Pats are playing competitive football week to week finally so it should be a good game. Don’t think the Pats are at their level yet. Will be interesting to see what the Pats defense attacks. Very good against the run which seems to be what Buffalo has been leaning on lately.

I don't think we beat them twice this year but with their resurgence revolving around their rushing game and our defense being one of the better teams in the league vs the run I would say we have a chance.

Gonna be epic to beat the Bills twice with two different starting QBs

Zappe Playing for his NFL back-up career nice way to make a living.

@sb1 we may have to reevaluate the debate of taking Zappe over Howell. The Pats now look to have made the correct decision as Howell has looked horrible the past month benched 2 weeks in a row. He went 6-22 for 56 yards this past Sunday with better weapons around him.

@sb1 we may have to reevaluate the debate of taking Zappe over Howell. The Pats now look to have made the correct decision as Howell has looked horrible the past month benched 2 weeks in a row. He went 6-22 for 56 yards this past Sunday with better weapons around him.
Howell is struggling for sure. He takes way too many sacks that’s been his biggest problem to date and his OL is terrible. Now I think he’s seeing ghosts. If he’s taking all those hits and sacks that wears a guy down and that tends to happen. Also the Commanders have mailed things in ever since Young’s trade. Rivera is out the door on Black Monday. Howell is undersized like Zappe but his arm is much stronger and if you’re gonna take an undersized guy that’s what needs to be there.

I still stand by saying Zappe was not a good pick where he was. He could have been signed as a UDFA. 4th was way too high. Nobody else was taking him.

Zappe Playing for his NFL back-up career nice way to make a living.

No way. He's 4-2 as a starter and has already proven that he can play in the league and lead a game winning drive. He wins this week and he's probably 95% of the way to seizing the 2024 job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3