PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady needs to shoulder some blame

Status
Not open for further replies.
rtunstal said:
Maybe the rumors during the off-season about Tom doing steroids just might be true.
There were never any rumors to that effect. Just information that he'd once called a guy connected to steriods. That's it.

LasVegasPatsFan said:
Yes you are right, we are 6-3 againsts crap teams. We lost to 2 playoff teams and doubt we could even hang with the Chargers. Unless Brady gets out of his funk, we will have a short playoff run, if we even make it that far. Finally, this is a message board where Patriots fans can express their opinoins and we dont need fools like you to make comments such as "Go back to your other loosing team, whatever that may be". I am a dye hard Pats fan and have a right to express how I feel. I've watched every game this year including the pre-season and so far Brady has not been the same. As I said before, I am a huge Brady fan but can honestly say his performance this year is nothing spectacular. His deep throws are awful, his passes are rarely on target. forcing throws into double and sometimes triple coverages. Cant keep blaming his WR's because they have made great attempts to catch the ball thrown to them

Wait a minute. I am the fool when you are the one that suggested that Brady be benched??? This is great. I just love stupid newbies who freak out and prove that they are just fairweather fans within the first 25 posts on the forum. You are no Pats fan, just try reading your posts. Cassel does not give us more of a chance to win any game and suggesting that he should replace Brady is sheer idiocy. It is to bad that you don't like the fact that you need to go back to your loser team (Arizona maybe???). I would even go out on a lim to say that you feel that just because you may have a grasp on Madden or fantasy football you feel that knowledge spills over into reality. Buddy, get a clue. Crap posts like yours ruin this forum. Do you even comprehend what a timing route is and what Brady lost when he has only Troy Brown who knoews the offense?

rtunstal said:
Maybe the rumors during the off-season about Tom doing steroids just might be true.

You sir, just won the idiot of the month award.

Digger44 said:
You sir, just won the idiot of the month award.

So because I make a statement that I myself stated that I really don?t believe, that makes me an idiot. So what does that make you for making an asinine statement for calling me an idiot? I stated that I don?t mind getting flack for what I stated but name-calling is childish. Just post your argument just like BelickFan did and go on about your business. This is a place to give your ?OPINION? if I am correct. Read the whole post before calling some one an idiot.

rtunstal said:
So because I make a statement that I myself stated that I really don?t believe, that makes me an idiot. So what does that make you for making an asinine statement for calling me an idiot? I stated that I don?t mind getting flack for what I stated but name-calling is childish. Just post your argument just like BelickFan did and go on about your business. This is a place to give your ?OPINION? if I am correct. Read the whole post before calling some one an idiot.

You sir just defended your award successfully. There was not a single rumor in the offseason claiming that Brady was on steroids. You win the idiot of the month award for making pretend that there was and creating news all by yourself. The steroid link wasn't even close to Brady, there just happend to be a distant thought. You just happened to interpret that as the Brady steroid rumor which makes you an idiot. The problem is not with me reading your whole post, the problem is that your post is crap. I love it when people paint a target on themselves, anounce that they know they will be shot, and then complain once they get shot. Suck it up. Don't post false news, make up crap, or whine and I am sure you won't get shot down.

Congratulations on defense of you new title though.

Digger44 said:
You sir just defended your award successfully. There was not a single rumor in the offseason claiming that Brady was on steroids. You win the idiot of the month award for making pretend that there was and creating news all by yourself. The steroid link wasn't even close to Brady, there just happend to be a distant thought. You just happened to interpret that as the Brady steroid rumor which makes you an idiot. The problem is not with me reading your whole post, the problem is that your post is crap. I love it when people paint a target on themselves, anounce that they know they will be shot, and then complain once they get shot. Suck it up. Don't post false news, make up crap, or whine and I am sure you won't get shot down.

Congratulations on defense of you new title though.

You still do not get it. I made a statement about rumors that I heard not Facts jack off. So stick a big o piece of grab in your mouth and go suck on an egg. So now you can bite me you ignorant pompous ars. How was that for an idiot.

Digger44 said:
Wait a minute. I am the fool when you are the one that suggested that Brady be benched??? This is great. I just love stupid newbies who freak out and prove that they are just fairweather fans within the first 25 posts on the forum. You are no Pats fan, just try reading your posts. Cassel does not give us more of a chance to win any game and suggesting that he should replace Brady is sheer idiocy. It is to bad that you don't like the fact that you need to go back to your loser team (Arizona maybe???). I would even go out on a lim to say that you feel that just because you may have a grasp on Madden or fantasy football you feel that knowledge spills over into reality. Buddy, get a clue. Crap posts like yours ruin this forum. Do you even comprehend what a timing route is and what Brady lost when he has only Troy Brown who knoews the offense?

Your right, I'm a fairweather fan since the early 70's growing up in Germany. Having to watch the Pats game on 1 week old recorded VHS courtesy of the military. Look at my license plate on my cars (photos below). I travel to each home game from Vegas which costs me over $1000 each trip, not to mention taking a red eye Saturday night, arriving Sunday morning only to leave back home later that night. Haven't missed a Pats game since boot camp (1992) and always plan my travel or business trips around the Pats games. I have more Patriots memorabilia than you can imagine. Your right, I'm just a fair weather fan. As for being a newbie. I never knew this forum until last month. Member of the Boston.com forum. You got me figured out. Now tell me how much you go out of your way for the Patriots games!!!!

Attachments

• NFLPATS.jpg
    NFLPATS.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 32
  • PATSFAN.jpg
    PATSFAN.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
LasVegasPatsFan said:
Your right, I'm a fairweather fan since the early 70's growing up in Germany. Having to watch the Pats game on 1 week old recorded VHS courtesy of the military. Look at my license plate on my cars (photos below). I travel to each home game from Vegas which costs me over $1000 each trip, not to mention taking a red eye Saturday night, arriving Sunday morning only to leave back home later that night. Haven't missed a Pats game since boot camp (1992) and always plan my travel or business trips around the Pats games. I have more Patriots memorabilia than you can imagine. Your right, I'm just a fair weather fan. As for being a newbie. I never knew this forum until last month. Member of the Boston.com forum. You got me figured out. Now tell me how much you go out of your way for the Patriots games!!!!

No thanks. Not only do you have the idiot of the month award, now you are King Whiner. Good luck with Denny Green.

Digger44 said:
No thanks. Not only do you have the idiot of the month award, now you are King Whiner. Good luck with Denny Green.

I think I have wasted enough of my valuable time with you. Obviously if I want to continue a war of words, I'd rather take it up with someone worthy. I guess this forum is not welcome to criticizm or opinions, much like the old communist Russia. You have been calling everyone an Idiot for voicing their opinions. I may not always reply but I have read all the posts. Keep up the good work, you really make people feel welcome on this forum.

Tact isn't Digger's strong suit. But this forum has morphed since linking with one of another sports fans into something very different than what it used to be. It was generally the most focused and seriously intelligent football and most significantly Patriot football forums on the internet. But an influx of new members who either came late to more involved Patriots fandom or shifted their attention to this team when another regressed to it's 86 year prior norm, has lowered the level of discourse dramatically. In the good old days when none of you were posting here, people who voiced the opinions we are all entitled to hold were challenged to back them up with facts. Those who paid attention sometimes even learned a thing or two. And people who brought little to the dance beyond knee jerk sports radio type rants were either ignored or made so uncomfortable they moved on to a forum geared more for the kind of smashmouth or thoughtless lowbrow BS posting they craved. Lately they seem to be on a crusade to shape this existing forum into one they are more comfortable with, and that makes the longstanding majority here cranky almost beyond all reason.

That said, if you follow Patriots football at all you would know that the so called rumor of Brady having any viable connection to steroids (let alone using them) was pretty thoroughly and swiftly debunked within 24 hours.

And if you followed the team all that closely and weren't a complete idiot you would realize that there is a world of difference between BB going with a 5th round draft pick when his existing former pro bowl QB was injured after compiling a long mistake prone 5-13 record for him over an 18 month period and replacing the guy he has gone 64-20 with over the last 5 seasons winning 3 Superbowls, 9 or 10 playoff games, at one point 21 regular season games in a row and until this week not losing two games in a row in 58 starts with a 7th rounder who never started a college game. Brady was a winner even in his college career, Cassel was a backup albeit in a great pro style progeam. And if you don't get the obvious differences, perhaps you belong on the Boston.com board.

MoLewisrocks said:
Tact isn't Digger's strong suit. But this forum has morphed since linking with one of another sports fans into something very different than what it used to be. It was generally the most focused and seriously intelligent football and most significantly Patriot football forums on the internet. But an influx of new members who either came late to more involved Patriots fandom or shifted their attention to this team when another regressed to it's 86 year prior norm, has lowered the level of discourse dramatically. In the good old days when none of you were posting here, people who voiced the opinions we are all entitled to hold were challenged to back them up with facts. Those who paid attention sometimes even learned a thing or two. And people who brought little to the dance beyond knee jerk sports radio type rants were either ignored or made so uncomfortable they moved on to a forum geared more for the kind of smashmouth or thoughtless lowbrow BS posting they craved. Lately they seem to be on a crusade to shape this existing forum into one they are more comfortable with, and that makes the longstanding majority here cranky almost beyond all reason.

That said, if you follow Patriots football at all you would know that the so called rumor of Brady having any viable connection to steroids (let alone using them) was pretty thoroughly and swiftly debunked within 24 hours.

And if you followed the team all that closely and weren't a complete idiot you would realize that there is a world of difference between BB going with a 5th round draft pick when his existing former pro bowl QB was injured after compiling a long mistake prone 5-13 record for him over an 18 month period and replacing the guy he has gone 64-20 with over the last 5 seasons winning 3 Superbowls, 9 or 10 playoff games, at one point 21 regular season games in a row and until this week not losing two games in a row in 58 starts with a 7th rounder who never started a college game. Brady was a winner even in his college career, Cassel was a backup albeit in a great pro style progeam. And if you don't get the obvious differences, perhaps you belong on the Boston.com board.

Thanks for the support Mo. I agree 100% (yes I don't have tact, but I am a straight shooter and wont typically post or put up with crap).

MoLewisrocks said:

Thank you for that explanation. I do still believe that this is a forum so we still can state our opinion cant we this is the USA not Russia, and there are a lot of us who don?t live in New England any more so we don?t know about a lot of the forums.

So once again you still do not get it. I made a statement about rumors that I heard not Facts. This is in noway is saying that I believe that and I must have missed that it was definitely debunked, but I did notice it was quietly subdued.

rtunstal said:
Thank you for that explanation. I do still believe that this is a forum so we still can state our opinion cant we this is the USA not Russia, and there are a lot of us who don?t live in New England any more so we don?t know about a lot of the forums.

So once again you still do not get it. I made a statement about rumors that I heard not Facts. This is in noway is saying that I believe that and I must have missed that it was definitely debunked, but I did notice it was quietly subdued.

You are confusing freedom of speech with freedom to speak ignorantly in a group setting. And what you said was truly ignorant.

"Maybe the rumors during the off-season about Tom doing steroids just might be true."

There were never any rumors of his doing steriods unless you are quantifying what you hear as you troll garbage generic football or opposing teams message boards. The story was he was named in court documents by Barry Bonds trainer as an athlete he had had telephone contact with. Turned out that was all it was, and it was before the individual himself was linked to steroids and was consisdered one of the more respected trainers in the SF Bay area where Tom spent some time visiting his folks in his first few off seasons. He was steered to calling him to arrange some off season workouts, but they never even connected for those due to scheduling.

Throwing what you did out there is at best just a thoughtless cheap shot taken at your own teams HOF QB. If you don't expect to take some flak for that then you probably shouldn't be posting on a PatsFans message board.

Throwing what you did out there is at best just a thoughtless cheap shot taken at your own teams HOF QB. If you don't expect to take some flak for that then you probably shouldn't be posting on a PatsFans message board.[/QUOTE]

I can take flake, I just don't see calling someone an idiot being that respectful. people do make mistakes. Thank you for that clarification of the steroid abuse I don?t get all of the Patriot news that you get. So to that I give my apologies. But people do not need to call people idiots for their mistakes. They should in a respectful manner correct that person with out being an ars.

MrTibbs said:
I saw a segment early in the season where Chad Jackson approached Tom Brady and asked him to toss the ball around before the game and Tom declined but after though a bit and came out to throw the ball around with Jackson. Now Peyton Manning does it as a ritual before every game.

Remember how we use to bust on Drew Bledsoe for not trying to get better with his footwork? Tom Brady needs to get in sync with his damn WR's and he's to blame in my opinion, Why? I've never seen so many low balls, high balls and him throwing behind his WR's and TE's so dang much. It's becoming rare to see Tom hit a guy in stride. Thats whats wrong in my opinion.

are you serious?

first off, he HAS shouldered the blame. Has done so after EVERY loss, and even has been critical after several WINS.

More importantly, he's been realistic about the situation and repeatedly pointed to the progress his receivers are making...always giving THEM credit when plays are made without ever patting himself on the back.

check out Gabriel's interview on the team website...Tom calls meetings on top of meetings...he works the receivers to a point where it's actually annoying. But they love playing for the guy because he always has their back in the media.

As far as your parable, it's called pre-game rituals. Most players are religious about them...for some reason Tom altered his routine at Jackson's request to toss it around with him in the Meadowlands. Please don't bring Peynus into this...he only has two guys to worry about...Tom is running an orphanage for #3 receivers.

Consider that Ben Watson has caught more balls than anyone, and probably dropped just as many. For all of his athleticism, his hands might actually be worse than Graham's, and that's saying something. Good news is you can work to become a better catcher and BEN HAS WORK TO DO.

stop expecting miracles here. Tom has and will continue to get PLENTY of blame this year, he's on track to record his worst statistical season.

turn on talk radio lately? read the papers? is he injured? is he mentally focused? what hair product is he using? who is he sleeping with?

How about, WHO IS HE THROWING TO?

WAKE THE F UP NEW ENGLAND...IT'S NOT MARVIN HARRISON AND REGGIE WAYNE OUT THERE.

I actually think Tom's done a heck of a job.

It's not like incorporating Dante Stallworth...you're replacing BOTH of his receivers -- worst of all it was up in the air until the regular season started...he might've been better off just changing teams.

All he has said is that he wanted Branch...and that was back when we had a chance to negotiate with him...not once since then has he openly complained or pointed fingers.

So lets do our job as spoiled fans who have zero perspective on the level of perfection the guy normally plays at and slam the guy in week 9. Felger and Hart were on yesterday calling Brady a dink and dunk artist..."he's at his best throwing sideways." WHERE DO THESE ******S GET OFF?

Has Mike Felger played the sport AT ANY LEVEL? Yet he's an expert and can evaluate the skills of a great QB? He's covered Tom for his entire career and still doesn't get it.

It's not based on pure timing and having two #1 receivers scorch defenses...the receivers have to learn how to see coverages like Tom does, they have to coordinate their routes with 2 or 3 other WRs/TEs, if you have the patience to pull it off, you can get by with bargain receivers, but you need a QB who can easily make multiple reads and throw accurately into places that weren't strictly designed.

Jimmy Johnson this week showed his total lack of experience in the FA/cap era by saying the Pats have lost too many guys and they are just a "good team" that is very beatable...hey Jimmy, you get NEW PLAYERS too...it's called turnover...the Pats are constantly reinventing themselves, not just season to season, but week to week...sometimes it's painful, but it's the only way to stay on top.

And the field turf was too long in coming. Let's add mud to the equation while our receivers are trying to gain confidence. Let's play right into the Jets hands!

It's still unclear whether it was a management decision or whether Tom simply drove the plow down to the stadium this morning and went to work. That pig pen was disgraceful. I mean what other team in the league intentionally leaves the tarp off for five hours to destroy their own team? 4 years ago when we were 10-point dogs every week I understand why we'd want to trick up the field, but NOW??

THANK GOD FOR FIELD TURF. And don't give me any crap about how it hurts the defense...ask the 80s Giants and Bears or the 90s Eagles if they had any trouble on it.

Look, most people can't admit the offense is in a rebuilding mode...and will continue to be all season...good news is they were rebuilding in '01 too and that didn't stop them, but you have to adjust your expectations. But people just can't come to terms with the fact that management screwed up the Branch deal and didn't spend to the cap so instead we're wondering why Brady is "off." IT'S NO MYSTERY PEOPLE. And it will take time to work out.

If you honestly think Brady is a "PROBLEM" then you are clueless. He's the best weapon we have. We're not yet as great as we looked in Minny, but if you want to jump off the bandwagon in week 9 then go right ahead and please STAY OFF. We're not leading the division without TB. He's the reason we still have hope.

rtunstal said:
Throwing what you did out there is at best just a thoughtless cheap shot taken at your own teams HOF QB. If you don't expect to take some flak for that then you probably shouldn't be posting on a PatsFans message board.

I can take flake, I just don't see calling someone an idiot being that respectful. people do make mistakes. Thank you for that clarification of the steroid abuse I don?t get all of the Patriot news that you get. So to that I give my apologies. But people do not need to call people idiots for their mistakes. They should in a respectful manner correct that person with out being an ars.[/QUOTE]

It amazes me that you come on this board, make the statement the maybe the steroid rumors about Brady were true, and you demand that I give you respect. Paaaahhhhhaaaaahhhaaaaaaaa. That is a riot. Instead of whining about getting no respect, how about you post something that is respectable instead of the freaking trash that you posted. Calling you an idiot is right on. Besides, you are just the idiot of the month, Keegs will take it back real soon. If you want something addressed in a respectiful manner, then why don't you try posting something respectful?

Tom Brady,

For the sake of the New England Patriots, dump the bimbo actress and focus on football for the remainder of the season.

Regards,

A Concerned Pats Fan

the taildragger said:
are you serious?

first off, he HAS shouldered the blame. Has done so after EVERY loss, and even has been critical after several WINS.

More importantly, he's been realistic about the situation and repeatedly pointed to the progress his receivers are making...always giving THEM credit when plays are made without ever patting himself on the back.

check out Gabriel's interview on the team website...Tom calls meetings on top of meetings...he works the receivers to a point where it's actually annoying. But they love playing for the guy because he always has their back in the media.

As far as your parable, it's called pre-game rituals. Most players are religious about them...for some reason Tom altered his routine at Jackson's request to toss it around with him in the Meadowlands. Please don't bring Peynus into this...he only has two guys to worry about...Tom is running an orphanage for #3 receivers.

Consider that Ben Watson has caught more balls than anyone, and probably dropped just as many. For all of his athleticism, his hands might actually be worse than Graham's, and that's saying something. Good news is you can work to become a better catcher and BEN HAS WORK TO DO.

stop expecting miracles here. Tom has and will continue to get PLENTY of blame this year, he's on track to record his worst statistical season.

turn on talk radio lately? read the papers? is he injured? is he mentally focused? what hair product is he using? who is he sleeping with?

How about, WHO IS HE THROWING TO?

WAKE THE F UP NEW ENGLAND...IT'S NOT MARVIN HARRISON AND REGGIE WAYNE OUT THERE.

I actually think Tom's done a heck of a job.

It's not like incorporating Dante Stallworth...you're replacing BOTH of his receivers -- worst of all it was up in the air until the regular season started...he might've been better off just changing teams.

All he has said is that he wanted Branch...and that was back when we had a chance to negotiate with him...not once since then has he openly complained or pointed fingers.

So lets do our job as spoiled fans who have zero perspective on the level of perfection the guy normally plays at and slam the guy in week 9. Felger and Hart were on yesterday calling Brady a dink and dunk artist..."he's at his best throwing sideways." WHERE DO THESE ******S GET OFF?

Has Mike Felger played the sport AT ANY LEVEL? Yet he's an expert and can evaluate the skills of a great QB? He's covered Tom for his entire career and still doesn't get it.

It's not based on pure timing and having two #1 receivers scorch defenses...the receivers have to learn how to see coverages like Tom does, they have to coordinate their routes with 2 or 3 other WRs/TEs, if you have the patience to pull it off, you can get by with bargain receivers, but you need a QB who can easily make multiple reads and throw accurately into places that weren't strictly designed.

Jimmy Johnson this week showed his total lack of experience in the FA/cap era by saying the Pats have lost too many guys and they are just a "good team" that is very beatable...hey Jimmy, you get NEW PLAYERS too...it's called turnover...the Pats are constantly reinventing themselves, not just season to season, but week to week...sometimes it's painful, but it's the only way to stay on top.

And the field turf was too long in coming. Let's add mud to the equation while our receivers are trying to gain confidence. Let's play right into the Jets hands!

It's still unclear whether it was a management decision or whether Tom simply drove the plow down to the stadium this morning and went to work. That pig pen was disgraceful. I mean what other team in the league intentionally leaves the tarp off for five hours to destroy their own team? 4 years ago when we were 10-point dogs every week I understand why we'd want to trick up the field, but NOW??

THANK GOD FOR FIELD TURF. And don't give me any crap about how it hurts the defense...ask the 80s Giants and Bears or the 90s Eagles if they had any trouble on it.

Look, most people can't admit the offense is in a rebuilding mode...and will continue to be all season...good news is they were rebuilding in '01 too and that didn't stop them, but you have to adjust your expectations. But people just can't come to terms with the fact that management screwed up the Branch deal and didn't spend to the cap so instead we're wondering why Brady is "off." IT'S NO MYSTERY PEOPLE. And it will take time to work out.

If you honestly think Brady is a "PROBLEM" then you are clueless. He's the best weapon we have.
We're not yet as great as we looked in Minny, but if you want to jump off the bandwagon in week 9 then go right ahead and please STAY OFF. We're not leading the division without TB. He's the reason we still have hope.

Great rant tail!!!!

I've highlighted the key points you raise because there aren't that many folks here who spend a lot of time actually reading threads and the bolding catches their limited attention. It's way more fun to post random thoughts and "opinions" out of your ass and the most fun to start kneejerk threads.

BTW Borges likely has grounds to file suit against Felger and Hart for theft of his intellectual property. He coined the sideways phrase in 2001, three Lombardi's ago. :D

NEM said:
Sorry, my apologies for your treatment. But, you see, some of the posters here have now gotten into bad habits, and are very critical of others, because they have picked up those bad habits by viviting the "other place" since this forum has had some technical problems.

Here there is much more a sense of dignity, while those bad habits, acquired fromthe other place, are now beginning to permeate and stink this place up. Hopefully, Ian has some vermin remover.

Thanks NEM, I knew there are civilized adults on this forum. Today I was just nominated as "Whiner of the month". Thank goodness this month is half way over. LOL.

Last edited:
NEM said:
Sorry, my apologies for your treatment. But, you see, some of the posters here have now gotten into bad habits, and are very critical of others, because they have picked up those bad habits by viviting the "other place" since this forum has had some technical problems.

Here there is much more a sense of dignity, while those bad habits, acquired fromthe other place, are now beginning to permeate and stink this place up. Hopefully, Ian has some vermin remover.

Either that or he adds an assclown forum. FYI NEM I'm not a member of the site you persist in bashing when you're not trying to beg your way out of it's assclown asylum. Although I check it out from time to time. Is that the second Pats message board you've been worn your welcome out on?

BTW how's your situation you chose to share with millions of internet users going - still teetering on the edge of the abyss or was that just contrived melodrama you hoped would get all the people you insulted and annoyed on that other site to feel sorry for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents