PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Totally blown out on both sides of the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I'm speechless. We would've even lost this game with Tom Brady. We were completely dominated.

I have never seen a pass defense this bad, even back in the injury-plagued Earthwind Moreland days. Pennington was completing everything in the first half, and then the run game was easily opened up after that.

The offensive line was just destroyed.

Cassel was abysmal.

I don't know what to say...

I agree. Even with Brady, we would have still lost. This isn't all on Cassell. The run defense was completely man handled which then forced the offense, more than likely, out of its game plan. Cassell didn't help his cause either, though - he looked really... like he did in pre season.

This team has a lot of problems.

QB is one of them.

I'm speechless. Pennington was completing everything in the first half, and then the run game was easily opened up after that.

Our pass defense was pathetic. Guys were catching passes on seam routes down the middle of the field with no defenders within 10 yards of them. I swear to God, I could have passed for 275 yards against the Pats D today.

The run D was just as bad as the pass D, however I think we all know the run D is less of a worry in the long run. I'm not sure how Pennington was able to throw 20 yard passes to his receivers and for NOBODY to be near the receiver. Were the DBs really that scared of being beat deep against Pennington? Good grief--horrible performance. Does not bode well for the rest of the year. Cassel is one of many issues right now.

We have all been spoiled during the Belichick era. Anything less

than a Superbowl win was a disappointment.

Maybe, a complete turnabout will occur and the Pats will rebound

like they have in the past. The trouble is that this time the Pats are

without Tom Brady and players like Bruschi, Harrison, and Vrabel are a

year older. The Pats are also missing Asante Samuel.

It may very well be that the performance of the offensive line in the

Superbowl was not a fluke. The line may need a serious upgrade.

Additionally, the defense may need more of an infusion of youth

than just Jerod Mayo. It may be time to start adding young

players like Crable, Wheatley, and Guyton to the mix.

and now we go into a bye week like this...

Are Thomas and Harrison really both THAT slow that the TE got so open on those seam routes in the first half?? That was alarming.

Our defense is starting to show its age. What an embarrasment. Time for me to go take a shower, I feel used.

No matter, Go Pats!

I'm speechless. We would've even lost this game with Tom Brady. We were completely dominated.

I have never seen a pass defense this bad, even back in the injury-plagued Earthwind Moreland days. Pennington was completing everything in the first half, and then the run game was easily opened up after that.

The offensive line was just destroyed.

Cassel was abysmal.

I don't know what to say...

Did Pennington even get his shirt dirty? This secondary only works if the QB feels Pressure. This was a total breakdown on all fronts except special teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back