PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Two things can be true:

Philly is the best, most complete team on the schedule in their first 4 games
Miami might score more than the 18 that Philly did, but Miami also gave up 34 to the Chargers. Bet the Pats can move the ball more easily next week.

The moral victories are getting really old. Too many games have ended like this the last 2-3 years. This team has to get better in clutch situations if it wants to go anywhere this year. The competition in this division is just too strong to afford to not be sharp in these moments.

They have failed in these situations time and time again and it has to change.
So, these guys get blamed for the Cam Newton year?

Most of these guys weren't on that team.

These guys aren't going to win the division, we knew that already.

You can be as unhappy as you want about that, but it won't change anything, the team is still a work in progress.

They match up better with the Dolphins IMO than they did today with the Eagles.
Tua is undefeated against us.

We have a ton of positives to take out of today. Mac looks much more like 2021 Mac. The offensive play calling was still spotty, but much much improved from last year. The defense held a top 5 offense in check most of the game and looked stout as ever for the most part. And it was a game we easily could have won against a team that may be one of the best 2-3 teams in the league.

Also:

The moral victories are getting really old. Too many games have ended like this the last 2-3 years. This team has to get better in clutch situations if it wants to go anywhere this year. The competition in this division is just too strong to afford to not be sharp in these moments.

They have failed in these situations time and time again and it has to change.

Pretty much exactly where I'm at.

There were a couple rookie mistakes, but overall, rookies played a pretty big role in some good moments in this game. Keion White might be special. Mac was decent enough and made good throws over certain stretches. Love the defense and their speed and aggression.

Extremely sloppy football overall. Big turnovers, horribly-timed penalties, catastrophic coaching decisions, and rookie mistakes really combined to cost this team the game.

The crazy part is that if you take away just one of those things, and it's a win. Take away any two and you're probably talking a two-score victory.

What a weird day...

EDIT - It's a very tough schedule. Can't have too many (or preferably, any) of these moral victories. Need actual Ws.

But otherwise, this team is a joke and won't go anywhere. Harsh, but how many times do we have to see the same game play out?
I agree. Not worth following them and certainly not worth spending time on a forum about them. You should find another team and forum. You won’t be missed here

So, these guys get blamed for the Cam Newton year?

Most of these guys weren't on that team.

These guys aren't going to win the division, we knew that already.

You can be as unhappy as you want about that, but it won't change anything, the team is still a work in progress.
You’re digging a little too deep into the 2-3 year range comment made there.

IF Mac keeps hanging them like he did with some balls Today it will be a long afternoon Miami can score very fast.
Miami’s defense is not nearly as strong up front as Philly’s is. We should be able to run on them a lot better than today.

I saw a lot of they’re going to get destroyed in here during this past week. Still think they had too much sloppy play, but they were only a rookie mistake from winning this game. There are a lot of positives to take from the game, even if moral victories suck.

His takes are a joke, Even after the bad start they showed they can play toe to toe with one of the better teams in the league.
Toe to toe.... only to still lose

We've been saying this for years

Defense is good I guess

But otherwise, this team is a joke and won't go anywhere. Harsh, but how many times do we have to see the same game play out?

This Pats team is a classic "not good" team that impressively plays up to their competition but comes up short.
Clown as **** if that’s what u got from this game. Follow the cardinals then.

The problem is still the same problem year after year. Not enough difference-makers on O. Look what SF is doing for example. They are making Mr. Irrelevant look like a franchise QB. I guarantee if Mac had Deebo, McCaffrey, Kittle and Aiyuk we would be scoring 40 a game

Mac played okay overall but leaves a lot of big plays out there. Multiple floaters when receivers had coverage beat. On final drive floated it out of bounds. This is really the achilles heel.

Miami’s defense is not nearly as strong up front as Philly’s is. We should be able to run on them a lot better than today.
Yes. And when you're running well, you can play-action and RPO more effectively and the pass rush is less aggressive. Not a bad matchup. Just need to heavily defend Hill and they will manage. Tua is not a mobile threat in the same way Hurts is.

If you want to beat the Patriots, you better beat this team now. Because you're not going to be beat them later on. This team has the ingredients and it's going to be so good, teams will NOT beat them
I completely agree, and that's what pisses me off about today. The Patriots team that played in the 2nd quarter, Offense, defense, special teams, coaching - that team is good enough to win the whole thing. That's why the moral victory stuff is falling a little flat to me. This wasn't last year, rebuilding, let's feel good about ourselves. The team that played in the 2nd quarter today is good enough to win the whole damn thing. But it was only one quarter.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back