PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's the story with Vereen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A second rounder should be getting considerable reps by now. Price and Vereen are not showing good signs. But such is life. Hit with some and miss with others. If you have the talent, you should be on the field.

I was optimistic with Crable & McKenzie.

The solution to the problem is to keep trading down into the second round!

The solution to the problem is to keep trading down into the second round!

You damn sure can't get a good tight end in the second round or lower.

Fortunately, we spent two firsts on Graham and Watson, so we're set for years.

He was drafted when we had 1 RB signed for the next season. Nobody knew what the situation would be with FA's at the time. Faulk was badly injured last year and may not have recovered at all. These were what was known when we drafted him. He had the potential to be a home run hitter with his speed but poor in pass pro. They thought they could teach him pass pro(nothing says they have or have no yet.) This was all during the lockout and draft.

How this played out was we got BJGE back and Faulk who was PUP'd Vereen was injured preseason meaning any development was slowed. Ridley then turned it on during his first preseason game while Vereen was injured. we went into the season with him number 4 on the depth chart and active on game days. Faulk was then taken off PUP knocking him down 1 more notch.

In pass pro a RB does not need to stonewall a LB or DL just get in the way slow him down to let the qb have a extra second it's more about the pickup than blocking there are some guys who can block very well like MJD who can stop a LB. but Brady only needs that extra second to move himself reset the pocket and deliver the pass.

So the story for me his that he is a second round guy who has had development slowed and fell behind other people who already knew the playbook system and had NFL experience. Ridley had all of the preseason and is still behind 3 guys so of the 2 rookies we have at the moment the one who had a full preseason is higher in the order. Overall i'm not impressed with what Ridley has done in the regular season I had high hopes after preseason for him but haven't seen much at all. There is plenty of time for both of them to improve and get better both of them are 2 injuries away from getting a lot more reps.

As for Vereen as KR it means we need him on the active roster where do you take a player out of that to put him in if he isn't going to be on offence much.

As for Vereen as KR it means we need him on the active roster where do you take a player out of that to put him in if he isn't going to be on offence much.

He has been on the active roster before.

Vereen's going to learn under faulk and replace woodhead in the long run. Im not worried about him not playing

sure looks good with speed and ability to change direction....

I may have jumped the gun calling him a bust, lol. Just couldn't understand how a 2nd round pick couldn't see the field AT ALL. He looked good tonight.

Good to see him get some touches......with some supposedly easy games down the stretch...maybe we see more of him and Ridley.....let BJGE have a rest....

If they have everything sewn up by last game of season, give BJGE the game off.....

Happy?.........
I was happy with Ridley after the Oakland game, until he dissapeared. So if Vereen doesn't get another carry for 4 weeks, I'll be a little pissed. Not sure how his blitz pickup has been, but Woodhead has gotten run over a few times in the last few weeks.

A second rounder should be getting considerable reps by now. Price and Vereen are not showing good signs. But such is life. Hit with some and miss with others. If you have the talent, you should be on the field.

I was optimistic with Crable & McKenzie.

Kevin Faulk was a second rounder, got very little play initially.

Jamaal Charles is another.

Last edited:
Looks like Ridley's in the doghouse.

Green-Ellis played very well.

I was glad to see Vareen get some reps (Cannon too).

I seen Vereen and he looked lean and mean and that is kinda keane.

Text fills my screen; are you venting spleen? :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes