PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wright Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Morse

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Short week and all ... we'll never know how extensive the Mike Wright injury was. He is our sack leader and losing him in the second half definitely hurt. The 1st Satan Manning INT was directly related to pressure from Wright.

The Patriots..and especially the defensive players have been raving about Wright lately....saying that he is very "underated".

He seemed fine. His speed and quickness to pressure QB are unique among our DL. Would like to get another.

I didn't mean we were sunk this Thursday, just that it doesn't bode well for Wright playing then.

My bad. No disrespect to the Lions, but if there's an opportunity to sit him to get him better this game is about as good as it gets. He will definitely be needed the following week.

He's our most consistent interior rusher so it's a bit of a blow. Having him out there to close out the game would have helped. Doubt he plays against Detroit, but hopefully he's ready for the Jets game.

He's our most consistent interior rusher so it's a bit of a blow. Having him out there to close out the game would have helped. Doubt he plays against Detroit, but hopefully he's ready for the Jets game.

It's an even bigger blow with Pryor out right now..

Leaves the Pats with Wilfork, G. Warren. Deaderick, Brace, K. Love as viable options.. And none of them are truly viable 3rd down options.. It will be interesting.

It's an even bigger blow with Pryor out right now..

Leaves the Pats with Wilfork, G. Warren. Deaderick, Brace, K. Love as viable options.. And none of them are truly viable 3rd down options.. It will be interesting.

That's a really good point about Pryor being out. You're right, no one is really a viable replacement. Might have to use more blitzes to generate pressure in those situations.

maybe we can sign a former all pro from off the street...I heard there's this guy Richard Seyless available for one week only...

My bad. No disrespect to the Lions, but if there's an opportunity to sit him to get him better this game is about as good as it gets. He will definitely be needed the following week.

Lots of folks would have said the same thing about the Browns. The Lions are plenty capable of beating us if we don't bring our A game.

maybe we can sign a former all pro from off the street...I heard there's this guy Richard Seyless available for one week only...

I think the Seymour love pat to Rapistburger's face proves that Rapistburger spent most of his time off earlier this week taking acting classes and learning to flop around on the ground.

Anyone Worried About Wright?

It would be great to have him back for the playoffs. Heard Tom Curran (I think) say they haven't even seen him in the locker room and that's not a good sign...

Re: Anyone Worried About Wright?

Worried about three things, in this order of importance:

1. That his concussion not haunt him for the rest of his life; that he doesn't have post concussion symptoms that have plagued so many NFL players.

2. That he be able to return to the team at some point.

3. That he be able to return to the team this year.

It's certainly concerning. 6+ weeks is an awful long time to not be seen following a concussion. Have there been any similar length concussion related absences in the NFL?

Worried about three things, in this order of importance:

1. That his concussion not haunt him for the rest of his life; that he doesn't have post concussion symptoms that have plagued so many NFL players.

2. That he be able to return to the team at some point.

3. That he be able to return to the team this year.

I worry about those things too and in that order. But if the Team thought he was done for the year they would have put him on IR and opened up the roster spot so they must think he'll be able to come back.

I worry about those things too and in that order. But if the Team thought he was done for the year they would have put him on IR and opened up the roster spot so they must think he'll be able to come back.

Knowing BB, Wright is probably in a coma, and he'll be revived just in time for the Superbowl.

he's been out for 6 weeks and he is still the pats sack leader they need him... but most of all i just hope he is ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST