PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wright Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Anyone Worried About Wright?

I hope its nothing really serious, hopefully not as severe as the injury that is likely ending ellis hobb's career. Would be awesome to have him back there for the playoffs. As others have said, his career and his life is far more important than this year though.

Worried about three things, in this order of importance:

1. That his concussion not haunt him for the rest of his life; that he doesn't have post concussion symptoms that have plagued so many NFL players.

2. That he be able to return to the team at some point.

3. That he be able to return to the team this year.

Well said.

+3

I get the reasoning as to why it might be an undisclosed structural injury rather than a concussion.

However, if it IS "just" a concussion -- well, they don't know when that will or won't clear up. Timetables for concussion recovery are about the vaguest timetables there are.

Spikes is not a key factor. It's simply that when he rejoins the roster sometime after tomorrow's game, somebody's gotta go. Hopefully the right person.

didn't they say brace was the guy that goes? (to IR)

:wha:As much as I'd like to see him contribute as a matter of human decency I'd rather see him never play again than risk permanent injury.

Agreed. I don't want to see him have a permanent neurologic injury, either. Not knowing anything about the specific injury beyond what has been written, but I'd be surprised if this were somthing that severe.

Worried about his health and career definitely. Peter Mueller of the Colorado Avalanche for example still isn't playing due to a concussion he suffered towards the end of last season and would be a suprise to play at all this season. The unpredictability of the effects is horrible, almost 2 months he's been absent from all football related activity, very concerning.

Re: Borges: Bad news on Wright

I kind of had a feeling it was pretty bad after Pepper Johnson's comments last week or whenever it was.

Brace....Wright...Deadrick

and Pryor just returned from injury and has an eye injury now :(

WTF!!! :mad:

Poor guy, that stinks. Hope he gets better for himself first and foremost.

God, that sounds awful. I hope he gets better soon. :(

This is now becoming less about this year and more about his long term playing career.

Real shame

This is now becoming less about this year and more about his long term playing career.

Real shame

If that quote is indeed true and not just him making a lighthearted remark, then its more about his LIFE. If he can't watch TV MONTHS after sustaining it, he won't play the game again.

This is a pretty sad story, I hope that was just borges saying something dumb and not a fact. I feel for Wright.

let's hope for the best - i really hopes he gets better

If he is as bad as Borges says he is, why are we tying up a roster spot??

If he is as bad as Borges says he is, why are we tying up a roster spot??

Maybe (and I hope for Wrights health) Someone is feeding Borges ****.

Borges probably just copied it from someone.

Lets wait until we hear it from a news source or reporter.

Lets wait until we hear it from a news source or reporter.

I don't have the Indy game taped...but still cannot believe the video of his injury is not all over the internet. A huge guy like this "gets his bell rung" and is out for the balance of the season and most of us have no visual as to exactly what happened.
He will be missed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents