PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Advice on getting to Foxboro

n6249c

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I’m toying with a harebrained idea of flying up to attend the game this weekend.

If I do I’d be flying myself, most likely landing at either Norwood or Taunton. That’s the easy part. Then I need to get to the stadium.

Is there any public transportation that might be an option for getting there? I could land somewhere else, anywhere except Logan, if there’s any advantage for access to transit.

If not taking public transportation I’d probably want to Uber, although renting a car might actually be cheaper. Either way, which of those two, Norwood or Taunton airport, would be easier for driving to the stadium?

Those two airports look to be about the same distance away. I think Norwood may have better highway access, but it’s been a long time since I’ve driven around those parts. And of course game day traffic will be a factor, and I have no idea which one it would favor.

Of course I would love to know if there are any meet-ups or tailgates to meet some of you all in RL, but trip is very tentative ATM, and depending on ground connection I may be arriving very close to kickoff, so might not be possible. Whether I do come up or not mostly depends on weather and also health of the plane, but I need to put some hours on it and this looks like a worthy way to do so.

Any suggestions or advice will be much appreciated. TIA!

Hopefully looking forward to watching another win, whether I’m at Patriots Place or in front of a TV.

Go Pats!

It is a one o clock game... traffic starts early... best bet would be to fly in on saturday... otherwise you will still be on route 1 when the game starts... as for what airport, which ever one would have the car rental service available would be my guess

Mansfield Airport?

T.F. Green airport in Providence RI Then commuter train from Providence to Gillette Stadium $10 round trip.
  • Depart Providence: 10:20 AM - Arrive Gillette Stadium 11:25 AM
Train departs Gillette 30 minutes after the game ends.

Dependable service, nice comfortable train ride with a few quick stops, no traffic jams, no exorbitant parking fee, no hassle.

Double check the train schedule for the game you decide upon.

will start a go fund me tonight to pay your bail if you promise to land on route 1 in foxboro
Can you find out what time the Saints team bus will be there? Or do they stay in one of the Patriots Place hotels?

Can you find out what time the Saints team bus will be there? Or do they stay in one of the Patriots Place hotels?
Sorry N6... I don't know... The visiting teams used to stay in Providence RI... not sure if they still do... would get bussed in for 9 am on a 1 pm start so theyd be there 4 hours before start time... do not know where visitors are staying anymore... maybe @Ian would know

What does it cost to fly over the stadium towing a banner?

Sorry N6... I don't know... The visiting teams used to stay in Providence RI... not sure if they still do... would get bussed in for 9 am on a 1 pm start so theyd be there 4 hours before start time... do not know where visitors are staying anymore... maybe @Ian would know
I do not. And I think it tends to vary anyway for each team - I don’t think there’s one particular hotel they all use.

Would this be too long?

Go Mac and take Tyquan Thornton with you.
Lol, I doubt it. But still…a lot of money just to say that. I looked into it years ago after the stunt that Jets guy pulled…which was obnoxious and I believe it would have been about the same cost to fly one over MetLife.

What does it cost to fly over the stadium towing a banner?
These days I don’t think it’s allowed. There will be an anti-terrorist no-fly zone around the stadium. It‘s 3nm diameter, up to 3000’, so not sure a banner tow would be very visible. Could still fly along route 1 and 495, just not close to stadium.

These days I don’t think it’s allowed. There will be an anti-terrorist no-fly zone around the stadium. It‘s 3nm diameter, up to 3000’, so not sure a banner tow would be very visible.
No, it’s definitely allowed...although to your point, there's definitely a distance they have to stay away, but it's close enough where it's visible. This was only like 6 or 7 years ago following Deflategate when the Jets guy did the “Hey, Cheaters, Look Up!” banner during Patriots training camp.

Last edited:
Isn't the army-navy game in Gillette this Saturday? I think Maverick might have something to say 'bout an aircraft entering a restricted space...
Oh Yeah What GIF by Regal

• Winner
Reactions: Ian
Isn't the army-navy game in Gillette this Saturday? I think Maverick might have something to say 'bout an aircraft entering a restricted space...
LOL, pretty sure military planes are given an exception on a flyover. But as @n6249c pointed out, other aircraft, aside from those, can't fly directly overhead.

Make sure you take some photos and share them on here for the rest of us who can't get there. We haven't had people do that as much recently, so it would be cool if you could post a few. But safe travels, and hope you have a great time - and hopefully they play a little better this week. :cool:

Army/Navy game is 12/9/23.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3