PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills fans still whining about Spygate

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think you hate the Patriots now, listen to this... - The Stadium Wall - Buffalo Bills Forums

I guess when your team has lost 4 straight Super Bowls and haven't made the playoffs this century, you need to hate on somebody.

LOSERS!

It's natural law. One cannot rewrite the Law of Gravity.

The dispossessed always wear tinfoil hats and blame those who are getting ahead of them consistently.

The KKK hates minorities, Hitler hated the Jews..... yadda, yadda, yadda..... People on the low rung of life need conspiracy theories to justify their own incompetence. They need it for having the courage to go on with their lives.

Last edited:
didntread.gif

I always had more respect for Bills fans than this though. I mean we all know Jets fans are the lowest of the low, I expect this kind of whining from them.

The post I laughed at was the one about Brady being haunted becuase he knows his SB wins aren't legit.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
Depending on how long you've been here, I'm either Biggie Smalls or Commodus.

That Biggie Smalls avatar was the most memorable one ever on this site. When I first came in '07, every one of your posts looked like some random big huge black guy with chubby cheeks was saying it. It couldn't be missed when scrolling down threads. Everyone else's avatar would whiz by unnoticed and there'd be this big brown blur mixed in the middle somewhere. That's how I'd quickly locate your posts. I'd be like,"Whoop, there's the brown blur on the left. Gotta skid to a stop and read it."
I didn't know it was Biggie Smalls, but that facial avatar gave the impression that whoever that guy was, his posts were the last word on everything. I guess you could say his face "carries weight". lol.
It's like,"Yo, I dare you to disagree with what my big intimidating face has to say." lol.

Well good, I can now finally hate 2/3 of our division competition. Still can't hate the fish, but I'm sure I can truly hate them for something soon.

Delicious tears

Last edited:
I still crack up about how stupid fans of other teams are, though my favorite line of the thread was "Spygate was 5 years ago, can someone explain to my why they are STILL kicking our asses ?" lol.

The stupidity of the fans AND media just shocks me, the facts are there for all to see.

1)Videotaping signals was not illegal until 2007 (from certain parts of the arena), YET, somehow the morons think the Pat's Championships from 2001, 2003 & 2004 were tainted.

2) Stealing signals has NEVER been illegal.

3) The memo about outlawing videotaping signals from the field came out prior to the 2007 season, therefore the Patriots cheated for exactly ONE game (against the Jets). They stole the defensive signals. Explain why they destroyed teams for most of the remaining part of the schedule AFTER being caught and punished ?

4)Though not winning a Super Bowl since 2004, the Pats have been the winningest team since the scandal. Someone on the Bill's board mentioned that Belichick's winning percentage has gone UP since the scandal.

People are so stupid, it's so easy to spew your ignorance than actually try to learn about what actually happened.

How Bryan O'Leary has gotten so much traction for a book where he just aggregated a bunch of news stories reported by ESPN and other news sources on Spygate and compiled them in a book along with some mathematically mumbo jumbo and quotes for "legitimate" mathematicians and Vegas odds makers on crack pot theories is beyond me.

I just want ONE person, ONE, to explain to me how filming defensive signals was the reason for our SB wins when, IMMEDIATELY in the aftermath of "Spygate" the Patriots offense went from being "pretty good" to having arguably the most dominant offensive stretch in NFL history. Seriously, this is a borderline ******ed line of thinking. They reached the Superbowl twice, and had a couple of bounces went their way they would've won those games too. Do people really believe the reason they stopped filming defensive signals only bit them in the ass on those two games specifically? Really, it's insane.

Here is what Spygate was: videotaping defensive signals was only another method of improving their scouting and game planning. By syncing up the defensive signals to the play clock and the play called afterwards, they could determine how a team reacted to the offensive play they had called, thus, helping them to further establish defensive tendencies, and how opponents would adjust to what they were doing on offense. Coaches changed signals numerous times during the season, so how could they just look at the DC's hand, see the sign, and know for sure what play was coming, if they were only in the process of taping it for scouting purposes? I mean, how could they have used that footage ingame when what we saw of it clearly shows that some editing process went on to it.

Anyone who spends 10 minutes analyzing this can pretty much figure out Spygate was of pretty much no consequence on the Patriots' success. It was just Belichick getting arrogant and thinking they wouldn't ever bother or discipline him over something so minor, as the league HAD previous knowledge of the Patriots and other teams doing it and hadn't taken any measures to stop it. To say that's why the Pats won titles is bat**** crazy.

Last edited:
So, since I'm masochistic I read through some of the comments. Big mistake.

Just out of curiosity, have any of you heard anything about this book? Just from the cover I can tell it's probably shoddily written, but I'm curious. What does it use to argue that "TEH PATS CHEATED!!111".

I still crack up about how stupid fans of other teams are, though my favorite line of the thread was "Spygate was 5 years ago, can someone explain to my why they are STILL kicking our asses ?" lol.

One of the Bills posters said it is because now that he has had all of this experience Brady has become a good QB over time.

So why hasn't that worked for Ryan Fitzpatrick?

:confused2:

I just want ONE person, ONE, to explain to me how filming defensive signals was the reason for our SB wins when, IMMEDIATELY in the aftermath of "Spygate" the Patriots offense went from being "pretty good" to having arguably the most dominant offensive stretch in NFL history. Seriously, this is a borderline ******ed line of thinking. They reached the Superbowl twice, and had a couple of bounces went their way they would've won those games too. Do people really believe the reason they stopped filming defensive signals only bit them in the ass on those two games specifically? Really, it's insane.

Here is what Spygate was: videotaping defensive signals was only another method of improving their scouting and game planning. By syncing up the defensive signals to the play clock and the play called afterwards, they could determine how a team reacted to the offensive play they had called, thus, helping them to further establish defensive tendencies, and how opponents would adjust to what they were doing on offense. Coaches changed signals numerous times during the season, so how could they just look at the DC's hand, see the sign, and know for sure what play was coming, if they were only in the process of taping it for scouting purposes? I mean, how could they have used that footage ingame when what we saw of it clearly shows that some editing process went on to it.

Anyone who spends 10 minutes analyzing this can pretty much figure out Spygate was of pretty much no consequence on the Patriots' success. It was just Belichick getting arrogant and thinking they wouldn't ever bother or discipline him over something so minor, as the league HAD previous knowledge of the Patriots and other teams doing it and hadn't taken any measures to stop it. To say that's why the Pats won titles is bat**** crazy.

OK, so you are seriously trying to suggest that it WASN'T Spygate which has kept the Bills down all this time?

What are you suggesting....that it's because the Bills just suck?

Oh yeah, you're right. My bad.

Carry on.

By the way........"Wide right!"

:singing:

The Bills last went to the playoffs in 1999. Since then, they've only been above .500 on one occasion, and that was a 9-7 season. That's basically 13 straight years of failure. They are the only team in the entire AFC that has not been to the playoffs in that period of time.

It's not surprising that the Bills fanbase has become a bunch of bitter whiners.

Reading that thread on the Bills Board made my IQ go down 10 points. Luckily I have another 130 to spare ;-)

I wish I could bathe in their tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand