PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coaching staff introduction press conference.

holyredeemer

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Figured we could have a place to discuss any points, thoughts, impressions from the press conference today. Might just be a lame ass puff piece or maybe we get a Dan Campbell style rant? Either way, here’s a spot to discuss.

I never have big expectations for these things, but titles for returning coaches is an obvious question to ask and should be a pretty straight forward answer.

Figured we could have a place to discuss any points, thoughts, impressions from the press conference today. Might just be a lame ass puff piece or maybe we get a Dan Campbell style rant? Either way, here’s a spot to discuss.
As long as we don't get Adam Gase' eyes rolling around like golf balls on a dinner plate.

Interesting that Mayo confirmed Troy Brown is on staff but didn’t elaborate on what he’s doing.

Troy does it all Offense, defense, special teams
Just as he did during the first half of the dynasty.
It's great to see the Pats using former players as coaches.

Mayo looked like he’s been burning the midnight oil. I can’t imagine how much his world has been flipped upside down. He appeared more confident in his opening statement. One positive thing I can take from the press conference is that every guy appears to be on the same page regarding the culture they are trying to build. Trust the process and love the people. Hopefully it leads to results on the field. Nothing overly exciting was said but it was nice to hear from the coaches. Curious that AvP reiterated the fact that the players are going to dictate the system. Slightly worries me.

Other than AVP, there aren’t any “name” assistants on staff but I like the mix of youth and experience with the new guys. For instance, their WR coach is relatively inexperienced but the new TE was the WR coach for Cincy for 3 years, so he can help out with the WRs as well. Cautiously optimistic about the new additions.

Last edited:

He all but said he’s bringing in a new QB.
He said we will get the right guy in there and everything said he wanted in a QB Mac doesn’t have.

I’m expecting two new QBs.
One being Flacco, Brisett, or going out to get Baker Mayfield.
My guess is Flacco or Brisett, and a rookie.
Or Fields.

I love what I heard from the coaches culture wise.
It’s such a change but I’m down with it.

I think it’s worth letting him stay on the team for now and prove he’s not some kind of malcontent, start getting positive press about the work he’s putting in - raise his trade stock a little.

I think it’s worth letting him stay on the team for now and prove he’s not some kind of malcontent, start getting positive press about the work he’s putting in - raise his trade stock a little.
I disagree trade him at the draft or prior.

I think I agree. AVP should say straight out...your attitude has been a problem and if you can't move forward and put the team 1st...goodbye.

EDIT: but AVP has to acknowledge that Mac has had a different OC every year for at least the past 5 years. I have to trust AVP and what he thinks is the right thing to do.

I think I agree. AVP should say straight out...your attitude has been a problem and if you can't move forward and put the team 1st...goodbye.

EDIT: but AVP has to acknowledge that Mac has had a different OC every year for at least the past 5 years. I have to trust AVP and what he thinks is the right thing to do.
Mac has shown when things get tough he goes outside the team with his complaints and issues and folds like a lawn chair under pressure.

No way a change is needed for both sides.

Mac has shown when things get tough he goes outside the team with his complaints and issues and folds like a lawn chair under pressure.

No way a change is needed for both sides.
You do realize he did that when Defensive Coordinator Matt Patricia was the OC....right? Ok maybe you don't. One of the reasons BB is gone is because of that colossal **** up. Comprende?

I disagree trade him at the draft or prior.

This is a funny discussion. As if he's Public Enemy No. 1 who went around shooting people's dogs. I also am out on Mac personally, but at least willing to wait and see if this new regime finds any value in keeping him around. We need to trust their judgment.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back